We searched for a private villa with pool and views around Ubud and chose Bidadari because we wanted to avoid the ‘stacked’ and walled-in villas of the larger private-villa resorts.
We stayed at the gravity defying Villa Jepun which was perfect for us. It is a 2 storey villa with the living area upstairs overlooking million dollar views up the river valley which is filled with spectacular rainforest and stunning birdlife– and no other civilisation in sight! Downstairs is the bedroom, bathroom and infinity pool, once again overlooking that spectacular view.
Villa: Beautifully decorated to reflect the artistic culture of Ubud and very spacious. Dining in the evening watching the sunset and the fire flies flitting about was amazing. The bed is enormous and very comfortable. The bathroom is really well appointed with the addition of a large outdoor stone bath (great for bubble baths in the evening) and second shower amongst the ferns. Even though the Villa has an open design, amazingly there were no mosquito or insect problems.
Pool: Perfect size, clean, fresh and the temperature was always perfect.
Food: There is no restaurant but the room service menu is very good and provides traditional Balinese and western dishes which were delicious (especially the desserts!). The prices are very reasonable as well. Breakfast is quite substantial which meant we didn't need lunch! There are Continental and American breakfasts available – the homemade jam and cappuccino’s were favourites.
Service: Unbelievable! There is a smaller, more intimate feel at Bidardari, so our needs and requirements were met very quickly and with a lot of care. The welcome drinks and cool towels upon arrival were a great start to our stay. Housekeeping was meticulous when cleaning the room everyday, with an attention to detail we have not seen at other 4/5 star resorts. Each day a fresh bowl of fruit was waiting for us on our return from trips to town – very thoughtful. Meal plates were always whisked away quickly and discretely. Management also organised a motor bike hire for us at very competitive rates.
Special mention #1: My husband jogs and asked for directions to any nearby running tracks. Amazingly he was escorted the next morning to a local area where he ran through some of the most beautiful scenery ever experienced.
Special mention #2: Management invited us to the village temple ceremony. Our outfits were organised and we were escorted up the road a short distance to the temple where we were introduced to the Temple Chief. Just an incredible experience that would never happen anywhere else.
Spa: Bidadari has the advantage of having a lovely hut down by the river – very soothing listening to the river while having treatments compared to traffic and building noise which we found at other spa’s in Ubud. The masseuse was incredible and the prices are on par with home.
Location: If you have any concerns (like we did) that Bidadari is not central to Ubud – don’t worry. I can tell you it was a blessing! Ubud has become quite busy since our last visit (10 years) and it has really become quite a vibrant and hectic little town which is great for shopping, restaurants and the trendy jazz bars. But with the constant noise of tooting traffic, motor bikes and continuous construction, we were always relieved to get back to the tranquility of our Villa!
Ubud is a short drive (10-15 mins) by free shuttle (which runs hourly all day every day) through the most interesting scenery past artist galleries, family compounds, rice paddies, rainforest and temples to/from the resort.
The area is lovely as well. We enjoyed taking walks through the village and the locals are very warm and friendly. There's a small primary school up the road, and the whole class stopped mid-lesson (including the teacher) to wave to us as we passed.
We loved our 2 weeks at Bidadari as you can probably tell. We will definitely be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located 10-minutes from Ubud, Bidadari Private Villas & Retreat offers villas with free Wi-Fi and flat-screen cable TVs. It features a spa, free parking and a free return shuttle services to Ubud. All villas come with a DVD player, coffee & tea making facilities and microwave. Each Villa has their own private pool. Guests can enjoy a traditional Balinese massage and body treatments at the resort's Matahari Spa. A small library of books and DVDs are available. Bidadari Private Villas & Retreat is 33 km away from the Ngurah Rai Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bidadari Private Villas & Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bidadari Private Villas And Retreat - Ubud
- Bidadari Private Villas & Retreat - Ubud Hotel Ubud
- Bidadari Private Villas & Retreat Ubud, Bali