Bidadari Private Villas & Retreat
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsmr ranabidadari familyour honeymoonthe riverprivate poolmobile phonebedroom villaliving areathe general managerkoi pondcandle light dinnerlittle piece of heavenoutdoor bathroomoverlooking the valleythe entire staffcomplete privacyheaven on earth
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 23, 2012

If you are looking for somewhere to recharge and completly relax - do not look any further. We are Austarlian expats living in Singapore and we regularly go on weekend escapes around asia. Our trip to ubud and our stay at bidadari was one of the best weekend escapes we have had. We were upgraded to the residence which was beyond all expectations - tastefully designed with an outstanding view and attentive service. We had planned to hire a driver and do a bit of sight seeing but after we arrived at the residence, we could not bring ourselves to leave! We would like to particularly thank Rana and his team for going above and beyond the usual level of service (including taking us out for lunch!). We can't wait to return.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 16, 2012

It's been a week plus since my stay in Bidadari Private Villas & Retreat and how do I miss it so much! The early morning breeze with the soothing sounds of the water from the private koi pond to the river located below....and of course the amazing breakfast spread delivered straight to your door-steps!

If there was a country I would want to spend the rest of my life - Indonesia
If there was a destination in Indonesia that I would want to spend the rest of my life - Ubud, Bali
If there was a place I would want to stay in for the rest of my life - Bidadari Private Villas & Retreat

This is how highly rated this place was for me. From the property itself...both in terms of architectural and the interior design. The thoughts and detailing throughout the villas is just exquisite!

The properties itself was just the surface but what makes Bidadari Private Villas & Retreat so amazing was the people behind it. Headed by Mr. Rana, the entire team was just impeccable in providing you the best experience there is. It's different...they are just so sincere.
The only drawback which I would like to mention (not as if I am not satisfied but rather being overly pampered when I was there!) - Hot water to the swimming pool. I was told by the team in Bidadari that they are currently looking in installing solar panels to solve that without compromising ‘the look & feel’ of the villas. That would be an awesomely neat touch!

Kudos to the owners, Mr. Rana and the team…the trip down Bali was unforgettable mainly due to you guys and will be coming by again next year. Till then…

Room Tip: Since the property is located at the hill-slope do expects a lot of steps getting in and out from your private villas. If you hates steps try to go for the properties located above....Villa Tunjung (with pool), Villa Melati (without pool) and the Private Residence (4 Bedrooms with private pool) located at the highest point of the property.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
twoofusAust, Manager at Bidadari Private Villas & Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Hi ZhongHao G
Your words and your review mean a lot to us all.
Thank you so very much.
We are really glad you enjoyed your stay and you loved the design and all the interesting details in the villas . Also thank you for the kind words about the team here, it was wonderful to meet you and your lovely wife and it will be great welcoming you back again.
The early morning breezes and the sounds of the water will be waiting for your next visit
Best Wishes and Warm Regards from Rana and the team at Bidadari Private Villas & Retreat - Ubud

Reviewed September 16, 2012

The best place we have ever been. When we walked in for the first time, we were speachless. We were expecting to get just an accomodation, but it was a piece of our very own paradise.
The villas are situated on a peacefull hillside of Ubud forest with magnificent view, food is totally delicious ( my compliments to executive chef Wayan Pastika ), personell is more than friendly and always smiling. We loved the mornings with great breakfast in our villa. The whole place is under management of Nyoman Rana Diana who is doing a great job and will give you a warm friendly feeling.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Hi Stano 1981
Thank you for saying "best place you have ever been" We all really appreciate it
Yes the mornings are very beautiful in this area and a lovely way to start the day with breakfast overlooking the valley. Glad you enjoyed your stay and thanks for a great review
Best Wishes Rana and the Team at Bidadari Private Villas & Retreat - Ubud

Reviewed September 14, 2012

I travel extensively for work/pleasure and Bidadari is now the new standard in customer service! The staff is incredibly friendly and their attention to detail is simply unmatched. Everyone always had a genuine smile on their faces and they were more than accommodating to all of our needs. From Denpasar airport pickup to an amazing massage package, Bidadari delivered from start to finish.

The villa itself was breathtaking. Beautifully designed with an abundant amount of space, the villa was in pristine condition. From the comfortable beds to the private infinity pool with an amazing view, we really couldn't ask for more. And because Bidadari is located away from the busy streets of Ubud, we were able to enjoy the tranquil nature as we relaxed/slept.

I would typically never recommend room service, but Bidadari had the best food we ate during our entire Bail trip (which included many top-rated restaurants). Every meal is a multi-course feast as the dishes never seem to end. For breakfast, I would highly recommend the nasi goreng and mi goreng (fried rice and fried noodles). If you're not out exploring, the afternoon tea with Balinese cake is a great way to enjoy the peaceful sunset over the mountains.

Thank you to everyone at Bidadari for making our experience in Bali so memorable! As I share my vacation stories with friends, I realize I've spoken more about Bidadari than any of the activities that we did in Bali. We will definitely be returning in the near future!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank jktexan

Hi jktexan
Your review is so amazing we feel so very proud to receive it. We love the fact you really enjoyed your Villa and we were extra excited on the fantastic comments about our food. Pastika our Executive Chef and Desak his assistant really work together as a team to produce such wonderful food from the heart and they send their personal regards and warm thanks for your kind words.
Can't wait to see you back again at Bidadari.
Best wishes Rana and the team at Bidadari Private Villas & Retreat-Ubud

Reviewed September 13, 2012

This was hands down one of the most incredible places I've ever stayed. It was exactly what I pictured in my mind when I was planning my trip to Bali. My mom and I were traveling together and I felt that after 36 hours of air travel we should stay somewhere that would pamper us a little bit- Bidadari Villas and Resort did not disappoint.

All the villas are built into a cliff side so you get a gorgeous view of lush green trees, blue skies, hanging mists in the mornings, etc, etc. You get a private infinity pool of your very own (what? oh yes it's all yours!) and the way the hotel is arranged you don't see any other guests much at all. It really feels as though you are the only one there!

I noticed some people complained about the stairs. I actually really liked all the stairs because it made the place feel kind of magical like an ancient temple. If you are worried just mention it during your booking- the staff are great and they will put you in one of the more convenient villas (yes they are all beautiful so don't worry). Also, you should know in advance that you are staying about a 5 minute drive from central Ubud. When you see the busy streets of central Ubud you will be glad for this. This doesn't end up being inconvenient because there is a shuttle that will take you to the center of town and back...whenever you like.

Ok but here is the best part. The details! The details are so nicely thought out. I loved the bathrobe so much I actually convinced them to sell me one! The fresh mango and watermelon juices (a different juice each morning) and the amazing ginger tea, yum! Oh my gosh, even the complimentary bath products were fantastic- they make them there and everything smells like jasmine! Even when the driver picks you up from the airport he has cold water and chilled towels waiting in the car. Just what you need when you have traveled for what feels like forever.

We stayed in four different places during my trip to Bali and this was far and away the nicest. I'm a little picky about hotels and to be honest... some of the other places we stayed were pretty but they felt snobby as if they were trying too hard. Bidadari doesn't feel snobbish- it just feels like home (if your home happened to be an amazing villa in paradise).

Everything is thought out with such care and the management and staff are extremely considerate and helpful. Speaking of which: Hi Dewi and Rana! I finally got around to writing my review! Sorry it took so long and hope you are all well. I hope I see you again sometime! =)

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Krissy S

Hi Krissy S
Thank you for writing such a wonderful review and for giving us a chance to show you the true Balinese hospitality, the most important thing is you had a great experience staying with us and we are very happy to hear that you love all our amenities, the juices, and the ginger tea.
We hope you think of us whenever you put on your bathrobe too.
Please come and visit us again
Best Wishes Rana, Dewi and the team at Bidadari Private Villas & Retreat - Ubud