“Amazing villas, personalized service ... truly a private retreat and service with a heart!”

Bidadari Private Villas & Retreat
Ranked #3 of 553 Specialty Lodging in Ubud
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed September 24, 2012

First, the villa. We stayed at the Melati villa and upon being greeted by staff with welcome drinks and canapes, we were dumbstruck by the size of our living quarters. Second storey had the bedroom, first floor had the TV room, living room and separate kitchen. Spotless, cozy and complete with all amenities you would need for your stay. I loved their bath products so much that my friend and I bought home some to relive out amazing experience at Bidadari.

Service is impeccable - the manager ensured he intoduced himself to us and that his staff attended to our every need. Big thanks to him and the staff for baking a yummy cake to surprise my friend who was celebrating her 30th birthday. The place is a bit out of the way but we didn't mind, they have drivers to take you to town all day. They even have private yoga and meditation sessions! Amazing to have an instructor at our beck and call. The spa was amazing as well, situated within the lush greenery where you can hear the birds chirping and the river below gushing. Truly blissful. :)

I cannot say THANK YOU enough to the manager and staff who made our stay a memorable one and gave my friend a wonderful birthday surprise. I cannot rave enough about Bidadari. Will definitely come back here - I've just been back from Ubud for three days and I'm missing Bidadari already!

Room Tip: Stay in your villa one afternoon to watch the sunset! And hire a private teacher for yoga & medi...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank JGA_23

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed September 23, 2012

If you are looking for somewhere to recharge and completly relax - do not look any further. We are Austarlian expats living in Singapore and we regularly go on weekend escapes around asia. Our trip to ubud and our stay at bidadari was one of the best weekend escapes we have had. We were upgraded to the residence which was beyond all expectations - tastefully designed with an outstanding view and attentive service. We had planned to hire a driver and do a bit of sight seeing but after we arrived at the residence, we could not bring ourselves to leave! We would like to particularly thank Rana and his team for going above and beyond the usual level of service (including taking us out for lunch!). We can't wait to return.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed September 16, 2012

It's been a week plus since my stay in Bidadari Private Villas & Retreat and how do I miss it so much! The early morning breeze with the soothing sounds of the water from the private koi pond to the river located below....and of course the amazing breakfast spread delivered straight to your door-steps!

If there was a country I would want to spend the rest of my life - Indonesia
If there was a destination in Indonesia that I would want to spend the rest of my life - Ubud, Bali
If there was a place I would want to stay in for the rest of my life - Bidadari Private Villas & Retreat

This is how highly rated this place was for me. From the property itself...both in terms of architectural and the interior design. The thoughts and detailing throughout the villas is just exquisite!

The properties itself was just the surface but what makes Bidadari Private Villas & Retreat so amazing was the people behind it. Headed by Mr. Rana, the entire team was just impeccable in providing you the best experience there is. It's different...they are just so sincere.
The only drawback which I would like to mention (not as if I am not satisfied but rather being overly pampered when I was there!) - Hot water to the swimming pool. I was told by the team in Bidadari that they are currently looking in installing solar panels to solve that without compromising ‘the look & feel’ of the villas. That would be an awesomely neat touch!

Kudos to the owners, Mr. Rana and the team…the trip down Bali was unforgettable mainly due to you guys and will be coming by again next year. Till then…

Room Tip: Since the property is located at the hill-slope do expects a lot of steps getting in and out from yo...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
twoofusAust, Manager at Bidadari Private Villas & Retreat, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Hi ZhongHao G
Your words and your review mean a lot to us all.
Thank you so very much.
We are really glad you enjoyed your stay and you loved the design and all the interesting details in the villas . Also thank you for the kind words about the team here, it was wonderful to meet you and your lovely wife and it will be great welcoming you back again.
The early morning breezes and the sounds of the water will be waiting for your next visit
Best Wishes and Warm Regards from Rana and the team at Bidadari Private Villas & Retreat - Ubud
Bratislava, Slovakia
Reviewed September 16, 2012

The best place we have ever been. When we walked in for the first time, we were speachless. We were expecting to get just an accomodation, but it was a piece of our very own paradise.
The villas are situated on a peacefull hillside of Ubud forest with magnificent view, food is totally delicious ( my compliments to executive chef Wayan Pastika ), personell is more than friendly and always smiling. We loved the mornings with great breakfast in our villa. The whole place is under management of Nyoman Rana Diana who is doing a great job and will give you a warm friendly feeling.

Hi Stano 1981
Thank you for saying "best place you have ever been" We all really appreciate it
Yes the mornings are very beautiful in this area and a lovely way to start the day with breakfast overlooking the valley. Glad you enjoyed your stay and thanks for a great review
Best Wishes Rana and the Team at Bidadari Private Villas & Retreat - Ubud
Houston, Texas
Reviewed September 14, 2012

I travel extensively for work/pleasure and Bidadari is now the new standard in customer service! The staff is incredibly friendly and their attention to detail is simply unmatched. Everyone always had a genuine smile on their faces and they were more than accommodating to all of our needs. From Denpasar airport pickup to an amazing massage package, Bidadari delivered from start to finish.

The villa itself was breathtaking. Beautifully designed with an abundant amount of space, the villa was in pristine condition. From the comfortable beds to the private infinity pool with an amazing view, we really couldn't ask for more. And because Bidadari is located away from the busy streets of Ubud, we were able to enjoy the tranquil nature as we relaxed/slept.

I would typically never recommend room service, but Bidadari had the best food we ate during our entire Bail trip (which included many top-rated restaurants). Every meal is a multi-course feast as the dishes never seem to end. For breakfast, I would highly recommend the nasi goreng and mi goreng (fried rice and fried noodles). If you're not out exploring, the afternoon tea with Balinese cake is a great way to enjoy the peaceful sunset over the mountains.

Thank you to everyone at Bidadari for making our experience in Bali so memorable! As I share my vacation stories with friends, I realize I've spoken more about Bidadari than any of the activities that we did in Bali. We will definitely be returning in the near future!

3 Thank jktexan
Hi jktexan
Your review is so amazing we feel so very proud to receive it. We love the fact you really enjoyed your Villa and we were extra excited on the fantastic comments about our food. Pastika our Executive Chef and Desak his assistant really work together as a team to produce such wonderful food from the heart and they send their personal regards and warm thanks for your kind words.
Can't wait to see you back again at Bidadari.
Best wishes Rana and the team at Bidadari Private Villas & Retreat-Ubud
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 13, 2012

This was hands down one of the most incredible places I've ever stayed. It was exactly what I pictured in my mind when I was planning my trip to Bali. My mom and I were traveling together and I felt that after 36 hours of air travel we should stay somewhere that would pamper us a little bit- Bidadari Villas and Resort did not disappoint.

All the villas are built into a cliff side so you get a gorgeous view of lush green trees, blue skies, hanging mists in the mornings, etc, etc. You get a private infinity pool of your very own (what? oh yes it's all yours!) and the way the hotel is arranged you don't see any other guests much at all. It really feels as though you are the only one there!

I noticed some people complained about the stairs. I actually really liked all the stairs because it made the place feel kind of magical like an ancient temple. If you are worried just mention it during your booking- the staff are great and they will put you in one of the more convenient villas (yes they are all beautiful so don't worry). Also, you should know in advance that you are staying about a 5 minute drive from central Ubud. When you see the busy streets of central Ubud you will be glad for this. This doesn't end up being inconvenient because there is a shuttle that will take you to the center of town and back...whenever you like.

Ok but here is the best part. The details! The details are so nicely thought out. I loved the bathrobe so much I actually convinced them to sell me one! The fresh mango and watermelon juices (a different juice each morning) and the amazing ginger tea, yum! Oh my gosh, even the complimentary bath products were fantastic- they make them there and everything smells like jasmine! Even when the driver picks you up from the airport he has cold water and chilled towels waiting in the car. Just what you need when you have traveled for what feels like forever.

We stayed in four different places during my trip to Bali and this was far and away the nicest. I'm a little picky about hotels and to be honest... some of the other places we stayed were pretty but they felt snobby as if they were trying too hard. Bidadari doesn't feel snobbish- it just feels like home (if your home happened to be an amazing villa in paradise).

Everything is thought out with such care and the management and staff are extremely considerate and helpful. Speaking of which: Hi Dewi and Rana! I finally got around to writing my review! Sorry it took so long and hope you are all well. I hope I see you again sometime! =)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Krissy S
Hi Krissy S
Thank you for writing such a wonderful review and for giving us a chance to show you the true Balinese hospitality, the most important thing is you had a great experience staying with us and we are very happy to hear that you love all our amenities, the juices, and the ginger tea.
We hope you think of us whenever you put on your bathrobe too.
Please come and visit us again
Best Wishes Rana, Dewi and the team at Bidadari Private Villas & Retreat - Ubud
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Well, what can we say? From the moment we arrived at the airport in Denpasar the service was superb. We were met and taken to our villa which was stunning. The area is beautiful and the villas blend into the landscape perfectly, creating a truly special location. The pictures on the website do not do justice to the villas. They are really beautifully designed, with ample space and are hugely comfortable. There is a small kitchen although I really can’t imagine anyone wanting to use it as the food was really good, and as other people have mentioned, really hot despite our being at the very bottom of the steps and so some distance from the main kitchen. There are also many restaurants in nearby Ubud and the guys are happy to run you into town and then collect you later (a great service).

The real excellence of Bidadari Private Villas though lies in it’s people. EVERYONE that we had contact with were truly lovely people. Nothing was too much trouble and they always had a genuine smile on their faces. The service was totally above and beyond what you expect as normal. Rana and his management team have gathered and trained a fantastic team. A huge thank you to everyone.

We had the most wonderful time here and would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone. It is a beautiful place with the very best service from people who became “family”. We can’t wait to go back.

Room Tip: This depends a little on your fitness. There are a lot of steep steps to the bottom villa, although...
Hi JulieandDaveHK
Thank you for staying with us and for putting on such a great review
It was a pleasure to look after you and we love to hear your positive feed back
all the team are so happy to hear your comments and i can assure you we pass them on, as that makes them smile even more.
Best wishes and hope to see you again
Rana and the team at Bidadari Private villas & Retreat- Ubud