“Fantastic Stay”

Ranked #15 of 592 Ubud B&B and Inns
Australia
“Fantastic Stay”
Reviewed February 17, 2011

Had a lovely stay after honeymoon. Owners are friendly and very knowledgable and always ready to assist. We loved the breakfast we had everyday - very large and delicious. Rooms clean with large bathrooms. Would recommend Nirwa to anyone who wants to enjoy Balinese culture with a lovely family.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed January 17, 2011

I missed Nirwa Homestay the moment I left Ubud, especially when I arrived in Kuta. We enjoyed feeling like we stayed in a friend's home. Made & Ayu were fantastic hosts. We liked the breakfast area very much as we met and talked to other guests during our 4-night stay. The fresh fruit shakes and banana or pineapple pancakes are perfect! I loved the sounds of nature in the evenings and mornings. I understand some may not like it. I had room number 1 which is on the upper level overlooking Nirwa compound and the adjacent rice fields. I think it's the best room for both the views and privacy. Thanks for making our stay in Ubud so memorable, Made & Ayu!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
Reviewed December 27, 2010

I've never posted on TripAdvisor before, but my stay at Nirwa was so terrific that I decided to venture on here for the first time.

Nirwa really has it all. Location - far enough from the hustle and bustle of downtown Ubud such that you can really feel at peace, but just a five-seven minute walk from the center of things. IN the rice paddies, too, so you get a gorgeous sunset out your window each night. Character - you're essentially staying in Made, Ayu, and Alit's home, not at a hotel; Nirwa is lushly decorated and lovingly cared for. Food - best banana pancake breakfast I had in Bali, and I stayed in a lot of places during my month on the island. Price - a truly wonderful value. And, most importantly, Hosts - unbeatable. Made and Ayu were warm, interested, informative, and extremely helpful, recommending restaurants, providing for transportation, and even taking me on a private guided all-day tour of northern Bali that was so fabulous that I took the tour again once my travel companions arrived. They're a special couple. Can't be beat.

Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed December 22, 2010

We've come across lots of different so-called homestays in our travels but none can come close to experience that Made, Adu and Alit offer. From the minute we arrived we were made to feel like part of their family. The homestay itself is set in beautiful surroundings of the paddy fields and we fell asleep every night listening to the gentle hum of the frogs. The rooms are really spacious, incredibly clean and have everything you need including hot water.

The real difference to this and other accommodation in Bali and Ubud is the amazing family that live here. And the incredible breakfast every morning! We ended up staying twice as long as planned because it just felt like home. Nothing is too much trouble, including cooking us dinner one night when the rain was so heavy we couldn't leave. The homestay is about 7 minutes walk to the main market in Ubud, scooter hire is available at the bottom of the road and we don't think there can be anywhere better to stay in Ubud, in fact in the whole of Bali. And all of this for great prices. We're already planning our next trip to stay with them!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Makassar
Reviewed December 17, 2010

Words cannot really express how wonderful Nirwa is. Madde and Ayu are amazing people who immediately fold you into their family, offering helpful suggestions and companionship without ever being overburdening. If you're looking for charm and personal service and a peaceful location where you can asleep to the sounds of gamelan and crickets then this is your place

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
Marin Headlands
Reviewed December 14, 2010

I am so grateful that I found Nirwa on the www.balispirit.com website. It was such a peaceful oasis in the midst of Ubud. Made, Ayu, and their son Alit made me feel that I was a beloved member of their family. I never felt alone and I was finally able to relax and rejuvenate after many months of travel. I would recommend Nirwa to anyone.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
Puerto Maldonado, Peru
Reviewed November 17, 2010

I loved this place. Ayu and Made were both very nice and very helpful. The place was very nice and in a very nice location. I wanted two things with my stay and that was quiet time and a place that felt like home. I got both of them there.

One day I had too much sun and didn’t feel too good and Ayu went out of her way to cook me a meal. It was very nice and very thoughtful.

Thanks for everything and I hope to return one day.

Suksma