“Cool, Clean and Beautiful Architecture. 21 to 23 November 2013.”

Nirwa Ubud Homestay
Ranked #15 of 592 Ubud B&B and Inns
Singapore, Singapore
“Cool, Clean and Beautiful Architecture. 21 to 23 November 2013.”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

My family of 6 enjoyed our stay when my children could 'go back to Nature' as city children. They saw spiders, ants, chickens, ducks, cows, Gecko, chameleon, rice field and breathed fresh air.

The beds are clean and firm. A very pretty Homestay.

Made, Ayu and and their son, Ajit are great hosts. We were quite sad to leave this place.
It was an unforgettable experience every moment.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank BlancherBaliAdvice

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Rijeka
Reviewed November 28, 2013

I was there with my father. So, fahter and sohn!. The familie is very warm. They give you good information. It is like you are part of the familie. We made a tour with the owner which was beautifull!!! Next time i will go back again. Good breakfast. Very nice peacefull place. 10 value!!!

Room Tip: We did the lake tour and visited ricefields, temples und so on! The owner has a good modern car and...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Marcel24
X
Reviewed November 28, 2013

Its right in the rice fields, away from the busy town.
I didn't plan to stay at Nirwa in the first place. I couldn't sleep well at the other place due to the restless noise from roosters their neighbour had for rooster fighting, and I found a navigation sign to Nirwa so I moved there. I had room No.1 upstairs, its very spacious and tidy and clean, cleaness is always the most important for me, big sitting area outside, this room has the best view of surrounding rice fields and get most privacy.
During night, you can hear frogs in bed, but its hardly a noise, rather funny for me. I had very good sleep till late morning, waken up by the sounds of big rain, no roosters luckily! And I didn't encounter any ant problem during the stay.
They have choices for breakfast. Ayu cooked noodle soup with egg and vegetable for me, which was nice to have on a cool rainy morning.
Made and Ayu are very warm hosts, we had some nice chats, nobody was trying to sell any trips to me. On the day I was leaving, their son gave me a ride on his motorbike to the central area to catch my bus.
All I wanna say is, my stay was comfortable and peaceful, many thanks to the Nirwa family!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

Need to go by foot along small pathway to reach villa . Nice and quite place run by Madde and Ayu and their handsome teenage son.
Madde knows where to get good value activities , check with him before making any plans .
Fun on out last day walking in the rain with thr kidd and saw some fireflies at the padi last night after lapse of 30+ yrs !
Respect the nature that's what Pak Madde believe .
Zhao-an and Wan-an to my bro Mr Madde .

Stayed November 2013
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Staying at Nirwa's,is staying in the compound of a small hospitable balinese family surrounded by rice fields.Made and his wife Ayu are very helpful and make you feel at home at once.Everything Robin P.says in her review is true!Personaly, I had a room on the second floor with a balcony and a large window directly on the rice field where I could follow the different steps of rice harvesting.The room is vast,clean,the bed comfortable and I would say more air circulation than on ground floor.After a hot day ,I would sit and enjoy a nice breeze and immerse myself in the fading light upon this beautiful countryside.Thank you Ayu and Made.
Robert B.. from Montréal,Québec

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Bonny Doon, California
Reviewed November 14, 2013

The Nirwa Homestay is a perfect place to stay for someone who wants to experience the real Bali. It is situated in the peaceful rice fields, a mere ten minute walk from the chaos and racket of downtown Ubud. The owner, Made, transports guests to and from the airport, as well as driving day tours of scenic Bali. His wife Ayu prepares a delicious breakfast of a Balinese banana pancake with fresh fruit juice or more western fare like eggs and toast. Their son Alit also helps with driving when he is not in school. I instantly felt at home with these people, like I was staying with old friends! The homestay is basically their open, Balinese stye family compound, with an extra 4 rooms and 2 small bungalows for guests. The rooms all open onto a courtyard and family life is visible. Our bungalow had a nice big bed with mosquito netting, a ceiling fan, and a bathroom with a shower. This is not a place for travelers who want to party late or talk loudly on the phone. It is a place for people who want to meet a lovely family, take walks in the rice fields, and fall asleep listening to ducks and frogs. Nirwa Homestay would not work for a person who has trouble walking because there is only a footpath leading to the place from where a car can stop. At night you will want a flashlight for walking to and from town. I will definitely stay there again!!!

Room Tip: I was happy in the bungalow but I saw that the room upstairs (#1) had a nice view of rice fields fro...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
California
Reviewed November 12, 2013

In October and November of 2013, my wife and I stayed with Made and Ayu and their son Alit for three delightful weeks, after which we moved to five free nights at the Tjampuhan. We came back to visit every day at Nirwa. The Tjampuhan has better water pressure, and it's certainly pretty, but their food is terrible, and the basic clientèle seemed extremely boring after the typical travelers we met at Nirwa. (And Nirwa's wi-fi was far better!) We loved the bungalow, the breakfasts, the frog concert at night, and especially the hosts, who are absolutely lovely people. If you want to be in Bali, this is the place. This was our fourth trip to Bali, and we'd definitely stay here again, even though we've always had good luck with accommodations in Ubud.

PS: no car access, you have to walk in from Jalan Raya or the fields on a small paved path, but it's a very quick shot to the heart of Ubud from there. And you're right in the rice fields, which is a splendid place to pass time.

Room Tip: They are all good rooms, but this is the classic Balinese family compound—everyone is close together...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple