“Perfect”

Nirwa Ubud Homestay
Ranked #13 of 654 Ubud B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Hello Mr Chang!
Perfect place to stay in Ubud...away from the busy streets and a beautiful walk out the back gate to a rice field paradise.
Super Hosts...GREAT breakfast , good clean big rooms...and so queit and peaceful.

Nice for lazy days , reading .walking...etc.

Mr Made Chang brought me on a tour to the rice paddies and it was all good.

Picked me up from Canngu and brought me back to Kuta for my flight.

Someday I shall return.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
balimitra, Owner at Nirwa Ubud Homestay, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Thanks for your time to write review to tripadvisor for Nirwa Ubud home stay
i am so happy that you enjoy , and have good time during to stay with us , all so i am happy you have good time for our tour , hope to see you next you visit ,

Reviewed April 1, 2013

I had such a lovely stay at Nirwa last month when I was in Ubud. Made and Ayu are so sweet, and always helpful. I felt I was able to make a genuine friendship with them while staying there, and was so grateful for their open-heartedness and warmth. We had some very pleasant conversations, and I was happy to be able to practice my bahasa Indonesia with them (they enjoyed correcting my mistakes - ha ha!). And, as everyone else attests to, the breakfasts were delicious, the rooms and house are beautiful, spacious, clean and scenic. A very peaceful place to stay within easy walking distance of all the bustle of downtown Ubud.

When I return to Ubud again in the future I will definitely be staying with Made and Ayu again. The atmosphere of their homestay was so friendly, warm and comfortable. And I enjoyed meeting other guests and making new friendships with them as well. This place seemed to breed friendliness. I only have good things to say about Nirwa and would recommend them to anyone traveling through Bali.

Room Tip: there are only four rooms as well as two slightly larger bungalows. I actually stayed in three of th...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
balimitra, Owner at Nirwa Ubud Homestay, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2013

Thanks for your review for nirwa ubud homestay , i am happy that you have good time during to stay with us in Nirwa , we always open our friendship for all our guest .
when you back to nirwa we can study bahasa again , than i can practice my English more ,
so we can change , hope to see you for next your visit , i hope you have good time during doing study in jogja . all the best

Reviewed March 31, 2013

My recent 8-day visit to Nirwa Homestay in Ubud in March 2013 was a delight. My stay was arranged around Nyepi, the special Balinese New Year celebration. My preliminary communications were all made via the internet but, gratefully, none of the details of my visit were lost in translation. My flight arrival from Kuala Lumpur, scheduled late evening to begin with, was delayed by 1 ½ hours. Nevertheless, my Nirwa hosts were still patiently awaiting my arrival at the Denpasar airport when I arrived at 10:45 pm and drove me to their homestay location in Ubud, which took another hour.

Ayu and Made, the married couple who are the owners and managers of the homestay, make gracious hosts – readily present and helpful whenever my logistical questions required answers or recommendations were sought. I took just one “official tour” during my stay, together with two other guests, which was organized by my homestay hosts. Made was our driver and guide for the day. It was a fascinating and exceptionally well planned day of temple visits and scenic touring – we ran at our own pace but whenever we gave the thumbs-up sign to see one more sight, our desires were immediately accommodated.

Both Ayu and Made are adept at cooking, breakfasts are tasty, and provide a great start to your day of adventuring.

The Nirwa Homestay is situated amidst rice paddies reached via a pathway alongside a small stream. It is about a five-ten minute walk from one of Ubud’s main roads. The surroundings provide a sense of peace and tranquility, and a welcome respite from the steady hum of Ubud. One can easily recharge before once again setting out to continue exploration of the shops and cultural attractions of Ubud.

The rooms are basic but comfortable – clean beds, linens changed every day, hot and cold water, and a ceiling fan to allay the heat. The Wi-Fi worked efficiently throughout my stay.

I found that the homestay attracted a fascinating array of guests – friendly, well-traveled, and diverse of background and purpose of travel. Ayu and Made take personal interest in each of their guests and you will often find them visiting, assisting, or worrying until all of the guests have returned safely to their rooms at night.

I enjoyed the wide array of activities within walking distance of the homestay including evening cultural dances and programs, museums, restaurants, small grocers, shops and walking trails. As a result, I relied solely upon walking during my stay in Ubud. My experience was wonderful and I recommend the Nirwa Homestay to anyone planning to visit and explore the Ubud area.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank OasisA

Thanks so much for your nice review to nirwa ubud homestay , i appreciate so much for your time to write review , i am happy that you have good time during to stay with us in Nirwa . specialy during Nyepi [ Balinese new year ] not much we can say , just thanks again
Thanks for taking tour with made by nirwa , hope to see you for next visit .

Reviewed March 28, 2013

What a perfect introduction to Bali! Ubud (and the Nirwa homestay) was my first stop in Indonesia and really set the tone for the rest of my trip. Made, Ayu, and their son, Alit, were such wonderful hosts. From the moment Made picked me up at the airport (with a bottle of water in hand) to the moment he saw me off and into a bemo, this family really took care of me!

The property is gorgeous, a typical Balinese compound -- just off the beaten path, but only a 5-min walk to the main strip (Jl Raya Ubud). Very calm, peaceful, tranquil atmosphere. Rooms are clean (but don't leave food out in the open unless you're hoping for ants), spacious, and the ceiling fan is perfect during the cool nights. Wi-fi is reliable. Tip: The room with the best view is on the 2nd floor, the far side from the staircase, overlooking the rice paddy fields. Book in advance!

I originally booked for 2 nights and ended up staying for 6. And had Ayu's banana pancakes with lime and honey every morning for breakfast (yes, it's That good).

Thanks again to Made and Ayu for a fantastic stay. I'll be back!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank ihno29

Thanks ihno for write review to Nirwa ubud home stay , i am really appreciate so much for your time , i happy that you have good time during to stay with us in Nirwa .
our family will take care all the guest during they in our house . i wish you can stay with us again for next your visit .

Reviewed March 24, 2013

We stayed for 11 nights at this lovely homestay in Ubud, and loved every single second of it. The place is owned by a charming family, Made, Ayu and their son Alit, and they always made us feel at home. To get to the homestay from the main street (Jalan Raya Ubud) we had to walk a small path next to a stream that can be quite dark at night, but Made always provided a flashlight. The homestay is simply amazing; it is a Balinese compound in which every room has privacy and space. Our room (a bungalow) was very spacious and had incredible views of the rice fields; it was fully equipped with terrace with chairs, a bed with mosquito net, ceiling fan, two bed tables, electrical adaptors, dressing table and Wi-Fi connection. The bathroom was beautiful and very large; it had a closet, shower with hot water, sink, mirror and W.C. with bidet. Even though the room has no air conditioning, at night the fan is enough to get the room cool. The breakfast that Ayu made for us was so delicious; we loved the fact that they have a breakfast menu with different options, so you don't have to eat the same thing every day. The banana pancake was delicious, so as the fried and scrambled eggs with toast. We also loved the fruit juice and Balinese coffee with milk. We took two tours with Made and were great; we visited many attractions and had a great time talking to Made. A very important thing to us was that Made has a very good command of English, something rare in most Balinese homestays. We had a great time in Ubud, and Nirwa was one of the main reasons of it. We'll definetely go back soon. We miss you guys!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
balimitra, Owner at Nirwa Ubud Homestay, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

Thanks for taking your time to write review for Nirwa ubud homestay , i glad that you have wonderful stay with us in Nirwa .i am appreciate so much . hope you have wonderful day , have nice memory for your holiday , enjoy your honeymoon , enjoy beautiful Bali.
hope to see for next your visit . all the best

Reviewed March 19, 2013

We found this little homestay last minute on tripadvisor. This is a decision my husband and i will forever treasure as we found our family in Bali. All the reviews are very true, Made&ayu and their son Alit will treat u as family from the moment you step in their traditional balinese compound till you are in Bali. We were given a room at the second floor with a beautiful ricefield view. Waking up every morning is such an exciting experience knowing your sorrounded with the stillness and calmness of the place. walking in the ricefields has been our daily morning ritual while we where here. Not to mention, the delicious breakfast everyday. Ayu's green banana pancake is to die for. On our first night ,my husband had a little accident with our rented motorbike on the way back to nirwa. It was a minor accident that involves a local lady being pushed on the side by the motorbike. Minor as it may seem but the thought that we are in a foreign land scared us to death. As we arebonly few meters away from nirwa, made and ayu came and took us home. We were assured that evrything is all right and as long as we are with them nothing will happen to us. Ayu even told me, " you are our family, we will protect you." i almost wanted to cry at that moment. They did talked to the lady and everything was settled without any drama.
On the following days Made has been our personal tour guide, showing us around ubud and telling us stories you will never find in any books. At night time after a long day of discovering ubud we will sit in their breakfast hall with the whole family and sip ayu's organic rose tea with the other lovely guests from different part of the world and share stories and laughters. This always left a
smile on our face as we retire to our room that has been cleaned daily.
As we had our previous reservation with a resort in Sayan,we only stayed with them for three nights. But their graciousness didnt stop when we bid goodbye from their homestay. First day in the resort Alit ( their son) delivered the famous bali smoked duck for our dinner with ayu's homecooked gado gado. Dont miss it, its very delicious. It doesnt end there still. On my birthday, Made and Ayu surprised us at the resort with a boquet of pink and red roses and a birthday cake. It was indeed a day i cherished, i felt like im celebrating my special day with my family.
Nirwa homestay as others said is not for those people seeking luxury but if your after memories and friendship you will treasure forever, this is the place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kharen L
balimitra, Owner at Nirwa Ubud Homestay, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2013

Thanks for your review , take your time to write review , i am happy that you have good time during to stay with us in Nirwa ubud home stay , my pleasure to have you in our home stay , every guest how stay with us will part our family , during they stay with us , so my duty to give them protection . i am sorry about the accident that happen , to makes you not happy rent scooter , it is more difficult to write scooter when is narrow street .
thanks all so you come with made when the tour , hope to see you for next visit .

Reviewed March 5, 2013

It´s a little bit hard to find, before you go over the bridges, you have to turn right and then just follow the little river. Made and Ayu welcomed us really friendly (best hosts ever) and it seems that they don´t have check in/check out times. we arrived at 9.30am and we could move into our room immedatly! the rooms are quite big and basic, same with the bathrooms, but there´s everything you need and the surrounding is really beautiful, you have nice view from the terrace or balcony over the rice fields and there´s a backdoor where you can enter the ricefields and walk through! there´s also a walk (10-15mins) to Sari Organic (take a torch with you when you go there at night).It´s a really quiet location, but to the center of ubud it´s just a 5 min walk!
the rooms are 235.000INS (23$) for a double incl. breakfast (choice of 5 breakfasts+juice or fruit salad + coffe or tea).
You should definitely try the Banana or Pineapple-Pancake! It´s the best one i had and it´s green!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Silvia N
balimitra, Owner at Nirwa Ubud Homestay, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Thanks for take your time to write review for the Nirwa ubud homestay , i am appreciate so much for that .
for first time it difficult to find ,but after you been here so easy .that way when my guest check in i asking for the pick up ,
inpact our room rate is 25$ / day for ground floor , but in this time when answer your email
i just got cancellation , & i want to fill the room that way i give you with discount .
Thanks again for stay with us ,i am happy you have good time during you are here .
hope to see you for next visit .