“I concur with everyone else!”

Nirwa Ubud Homestay
Ranked #10 of 666 Ubud B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 14, 2013

What can I possibly add to the already great reviews? Made collected us at the airport and I would really recommend that you arrange this too if coming here first, as it is difficult to find and other drivers would struggle.

As a place to stay, tranquil, lovely, friendly, spacious and the pancakes are sensational!

Great walks in the rice paddies are on your doorstep, the town is only a ten minute walk away and you can even help yourself to tea and coffee at any time of day.

All I can say is a big thank you to Made and Ayu and we hope to see you again soon!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pastygringo
balimitra, Owner at Nirwa Ubud Homestay, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2013

Thanks for your sweet review , i am really appreciate for you time .
is my idea to make communal breakfast , so every traveler / guest , they can chatting to every guest / traveler, can hear the story , where every traveler/ guest have been , so they can sheering about the experience , than i learn from the traveler ,which is good i have tell to guest / traveler .
is our pleasure to make breakfast to our guest , i always want to do our best .
our located in the country side / rice paddies , but still very close to the town .
hope to see you next visit again .

Reviewed February 14, 2013

I am so happy to have discovered Nirwa. What a truly special place it is. So much beauty - from the position in the rice paddies, the winding little creek lined pathway leading to it, the stunning and peaceful views, the kindness and gentleness of made and ayu, the warm and welcoming atmosphere, the very clean and large rooms, the comfortable beds, so quiet and peace yet only a short walk from all that ubud has to offer.

Nirwa is by far my favorite place I have ever stayed in while in Bali, it has the best energy than anywhere else I have come across. Trust the reviews on trip advisor! This is how I came across Nirwa - it is all that the reviews say, and more!

Thank you Made and Ayu for making my trip to Bali so special!

I look forward to seeing you again when I return to Bali!

Much love and light,

Zara

• Stayed: February 2013
balimitra, Owner at Nirwa Ubud Homestay, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2013

Dear Zara
Thanks for your time to write review to Nirwa ubud home stay , i am happy you enjoy to stay in Our home stay , special you have much beauty here .
Our located in rice paddies here , so much sound natural sound , like frog singing , special in the raining time . Thanks so much again , hope i will see for next your visit .

Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

All the things everyone wrote about Ayu's and Made's (and their staff, son, and neighbors) hospitality are true. And those pancakes are special (all meal choices are hearty and tasty)-- this last piece of commentary told as a breakfast aficionado -- former restaurant manager/chef and continuing "connoisseur" of all things having to do with that first, important meal of the day.

Made and Ayu arranged a PERFECT cooking class for my wife and went way above and beyond to ensure she got to the course when a dishonest tout tried to take her elsewhere. They also arranged for our flawless pickup LATE at night (2:30am) in Denpasar airport ... avoided Kuta traffic jams so late). They also suggested other wonderful activities for us and negotiated low-season discounts with various businesses -- including one that leads a memorable pre-dawn hike up Mt Batur that I highly recommend to all nature lovers.

We did feel like one of the family at this homestay. You will too.

I trust made and Ayu to accommodate your particular likes/dislikes with grace and good cheer.

We stayed 5 nights at the beginning of our Bali sojourn and wish we could've spent our last days on the island at Nirwa too, but get were fully booked.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank c1scottc
balimitra, Owner at Nirwa Ubud Homestay, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2013

Dear Scott & Yoojung
Thanks for your review to Nirwa Ubud Homestay
I am so happy that you have wonderful stay in Nirwa , My pleasure to help our guest during they stay with us , Thanks again being part our family for few day
we always have different family every time. every guest how stay with us ,will be part our family .
hope to see you next visit

Reviewed February 1, 2013

I have stayed at Nirwa Homestay 4 times in the past 18 months. Myself and my family just love it. Madde and Ayu are just like family. They are so welcoming and caring and create a wonderful homely experience. We love the setting in the rice paddies, to wake up to the beautiful courtyard garden and have Bali coffee and green pancakes. The rooms are light and clean and spacious. It is great having wifi to tap into at any time of day. Madde and Ayu have been very helpful when we have needed to see a doctor or find a pharmacy. They offer great tours of the neighbouring countryside and have plenty of advice on local highlights. They organised a scooter for us on our last visit and gave us maps and ideas of what to see independently. We have experienced some beautiful cultural events including visits to temples during ceremony. Madde and Ayu are very relaxed, fun and open minded. We really enjoy their company on every visit. In fact we go to Ubud so we can spend time with them now. You couldn't ask for more in a homestay. It is so central and so affordable!

Room Tip: My favourite rooms are 1 and 5 as they overlook the rice paddy.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Jyoti-Vibe

Dear Joddie & Matt
Thanks for your review to Nirwa ubud Homestay , i appreciate for your time to write review
i glad that you have good time during to stay with us ,after 4 time visit Bali & stay at Nirwa .
Thanks again you always choosing nirwa to serve your holiday in Ubud bali
i dont know how to thanks to you again . hope to see you for fifth visit

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Nirwa Homestay is well and truly a wonderful little place and perfect for any trip, budget or not, to Ubud, Bali. I can't stress how helpful and hospitable Made and Ayu (the homestay's owners) are. Made made every effort to be available if I required driving somewhere, and Ayu makes the best banana pancakes ever. Location is ideal, only a ten minute walk to Monkey Forest Road, rooms are basic but have all the necessities and are surprisingly spacious, as are the bathrooms (which have hot running water and sit down toilets, yay!). The homestay is situated amongst an expanse of rice paddy fields so you get a true feel for Ubud - the area is quiet, which makes it a perfect retreat after the hustle and bustle of the more touristy parts of town. It's extremely safe as well, which was important for a female travelling solo. Made and Ayu were very helpful in organising day trips and other activities (such as rafting and going to the Elephant Safari) and were very quick in making arrangements. For the price of the rooms and for the hosts' kindness and genuine hospitality, I couldn't recommend this place more.
Have a look here if you'd like any more tips and ideas for your trip to beautiful Ubud:

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Saira777

Thanks you so much for your review for nirwa Ubud Home stay , I appreciate so much for your time to write review , i glad that you have wonderful time during to stay with us in Nirwa ubud homestay . I am really glad that you also enjoyed the pancakes, which is a specialty by Ayu.
I am happy that you are pleased with the tours we were doing as well, it is important to us that you had a good time while staying with us. Hope you decide coming back to Bali so we can see you again.

Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at this adorable guesthouse for five nights and we had the most difficult time leaving! This place is an absolute gem with the most wonderful and welcoming family.

Our first impression was getting picked up at the airport by Made and Ayit who instantly started cracking jokes and at a very reasonable price (I think $26?), our transfer from the airport was seamless. We were then showed our lovely room which was very spacious, exceptionally clean, and had the most comfortable bed. The view was stunning, right in the midst of rice fields and it was breathtaking to have a coffee on our private porch in the morning.

Breakfast in the morning was out of this world and it is true what everyone says about Ayu's famous pancakes, they are as sweet as she is. Every morning we were greeted with a smile and helped with our itinerary from renting motorbikes, getting handmade maps drawn for us, or even being driven at 2:30 am by Made in the morning to Mt Batur to climb before the sunset.

The location of the homestay is perfect within walking distance of endless cafes, shops, and restaurants and it is close to the Ubud Palace (where dances are performed nightly) and Forest Monkey Road. Behind the homestay is a lovely walking trail through the rice fields dotted with cute cafes.

I can't say enough about this place but the best part is that Made, Ayu, and Ayit are a wonderful family who will go out of their way to make you feel at home and so that you can have the best Ubud experience. Highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank NikiandJosh
balimitra, Owner at Nirwa Ubud Homestay, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Thanks so much for your review to Nirwa homestay , i am happy that you have good time during to stay with us in Nirwa , i am appreciate so much to taking your time to write review for Nirwa , that what i & my Wife wish to every guest have comfortable to stay with us , they fell like at home ,i am all so apologize if we are not not good enough to be your host during you stay here. hope to see you next your holiday ,thanks again to stay with us in Nirwa .

Reviewed December 12, 2012

Nirwa Homestay......what a find. With a short break between jobs in Hong Kong, I decided to come to Bali on my own for some complete R&R. My first stop was Ubud and I was recommended Nirwa by a friend who stayed there a few months before. Both Made and Ayu make you feel extremely welcome and you are more an extension of their family rather than a guest. The rooms are relatively basic but really spacious and give you a sense you're staying somewhere traditional and real - rather than just a manufactured hotel.

Every morning you are greeted with fresh tea/coffee, fruit plate and Ayu's famously delicious organic pancakes. The homestay backs on to rice fields which you can walk through and feel you're a world away from Ubud's busy central streets.

Made and Ayu will even arrange trips such as trekking, cooking classes and white water rafting - they couldn't be more helpful.

For the price, I would recommend this homestay in a flash - you won't get any better value in Ubud.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Zoe B
balimitra, Owner at Nirwa Ubud Homestay, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

Thanks so much for your review for nirwa ubud home stay , we glad that you have good time during to stay with us in nIrwa , every guest is my family , because they stay with us in our house ,i want they have felling like our family too, the thing makes different between
home stay and hotel is you will be more have felling to stay with Balinese compound .[ more touch ]
hope to see you for next your holiday in bali ,