“The perfect homestay in Ubud”

Nirwa Ubud Homestay
Ranked #14 of 575 Ubud B&B and Inns
Canberra, Australia
“The perfect homestay in Ubud”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

We had a wonderful 10 days in Ubud and a highlight of the trip was staying with the family and staff who own and run Nirwa. From the minute we were picked up at the airport we felt welcome and during our stay the whole family were so helpful and kind. The home compound is delightful and well positioned to easily enjoy both the shops and restaurants and the rice paddies. We are already planning our next trip back there and recommend it highly to anyone wanting to enjoy and experience the real Ubud.

Room Tip: The upstairs rooms have rice paddy views, the downstairs rooms have lovely garden views.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Annabel D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Lanaken, Belgium
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We spend a good part of our stay in Bali at this lovely guesthouse in Ubud.
Situated in a very pitoresque enviroment surrounded by ricefields it has very nice rooms with a fantastic front porch overlooking the garden.
The main reason of our wonderfull stay is undoubtedly the delightfull couple that own this guesthouse. They are thruly wonderfull people who will go out of their way to make your stay as pleasant as possible. It has the best bananapancakes of Bali!

a must to stay while visiting Ubud.

Ilona & Patrick

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
balimitra, Owner at Nirwa Ubud Homestay, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Thanks for your review to Nirwa home stay
Thanks for stay with us in Nirwa , i happy that you have wonderfully day during you in Nirwa
i hope i can makes better and better , we need all your support to makes our home stay
be come comfortable for all our guest . i been traveling , so we know how makes felling
the guest comfortable id well is very important for the guest

best Nirwa / made / ayu
Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Earlier this year I had the pleasure to enjoy 8 nights at this wonderful home stay. Initially I had only 4 nights booked but just like many other guests extended my stay with Ayu and Made. The reasons have been listed a few times here but I'd like to emphasise myself that all their efforts and genuine kindness towards their guests add up to a very memorable experience. I've never felt so warmly welcomed by someone who shares their home and family compound with complete strangers. The grounds are kept beautifully and the bungalows decorated with attention to detail. With only a short walk into the town center but right next to rice fields with peaceful tranquility throughout day and night, the location is just perfect.
I've seen many other places in Ubud before and after my stay at Nirwa and have to say this one has really impressed me most. Great value for money, very personal and friendly but also unintrusive at the same time.
Highly recommend this place to open minded people who appreciate and respect that a family is sharing their home with them.
Thank you Ayu and Made for this memorable experience.
Hope to be back in Bali soon.

Christine
Germany

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank ChristineJ79
Thanks for your review , for the nirwa home , i am very happy to have you in Our home stay
and you have nice day / time during to stay with us In Nirwa home stay , i hope i can makes better to serve for all our guest , thanks to trust to stay with us again ,
we always want to makes the our guest felling at home even they are far from home

best made / ayu
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed August 17, 2012

This is a really lovely homestay, certainly the best I've found in Ubud. The location is on the edge of the rice fields so you are away from the noise of Ubud. Ayu and Made are incredibly welcoming and helpful and without being in any way intrusive. Breakfasts are communal which suited me fine. I agree with previous reviewers and recommend this homestay for easy-going, friendly guests. For me the fire flies over the rice fields at night were magical.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
balimitra, Owner at Nirwa Ubud Homestay, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Thanks for your review
Thanks for stay with us , i am happy that you have good time during to stay with us in Nirwa , i will tray always to make my guest fell at home , comfortable .
it was pleasure for me to have you in our guest house ,
i fell sorry if i make mistakes during stay with us , my guest is my friend , my homestay is my living room . i hope you come back one day to stay with us for next your holiday .
Ubud, Indonesia
Reviewed July 17, 2012

I planned to stay 5 nights...stayed 8. I was blessed with lots of private quiet time or friendly conversation when I wanted it. This will be my last solo tour until my baby arrives so I was lucky that I found the right place. The bungalow I stayed in (which other reviewers complained about) was spacious, light and clean with a comfy bed (and another), I assume other reviewers are expecting a 5 star hotel set in the city. In response to some early reviews, in all my time there, I saw about 6 ants, had maaybe 3 mosquito bites and had no problem hearing the sounds of animals in this rice field setting. Dewa was a wonderful help and always looked after me. Made was suprisingly prompt with emails and business-like in a friendly way. His wife Ayu is a sweetheart. She really likes to make guests happy and aside from the awesome pancakes and juice, gave me special treatment with extra treats because of my blooming belly. I highly recommend the peace of this homestay to easy-going, friendly, reasonable guests!

Room Tip: I was very happy in the bungalow - great internet reception there. I hear the upstairs rooms are gre...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
balimitra, Owner at Nirwa Ubud Homestay, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Thanks for your review
Thanks for your stay with us nirwa home stay
i am happy that you fell comfy to stay with us , hope next time i can makes better service
for all my guest , i will listen for all review to introspection .
hope for next your visit
Germany
Reviewed June 27, 2012

We stayed at Nirwa Homestay for two days during our trip to Ubud/Bali and were more than satisfied. The place is a gem, away from the noise of the main streets, but only a 5- Minute walk to the center of the city. When getting there at first it looks a little weird, as you have to walk a very narrow path to get to it. But it is worth the while - the bungalows are comfortable and nicely decorated with the owner's wife artwork. There are of course more budget places to stay in Ubud, but this one is just perfect if you look for comfort and relaxation, yet closeness to all the sights of Ubud. The setting in the middle of rice fields is just beautiful. And the owners itself are extremely nice! They do make - and I assure you of that - the best banana pancake in the whole of South East Asia! Trust me, I tried a few on my travels, nothing comes even remotely close to them ;) The one thing one might be missing that would make the Homestay the perfect place is a pool to escape the heat for a while, but we loved our stay anyways and will most definitely be back at Nirwa Homestay the next time we are in Bali.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Silbani
Managua
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Beautiful place to stay away from central market and traffic noise, then again just
5 blocks from center of market.
Prices 250,000 rps (around 23 usd)
Placed in the middle of rice fields, night life full of frogs sound, geckos, wild life, AWESOME!!!
Breakfast included, careful with coffee...1 cup equal a 3 double expresso :)
Best place so far in Ubud.

NicNik

Room Tip: Call before to book a room!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NicNik01
Dear valued guest, WOW, what a fantastic review for Nirwa home stay ! We can't thank you enough for taking the time to write such a wonderful review for us. As you know, we try our very best to look after our guests so you can truly relax here in Ubud. Many, many thanks again.