“great peanut chicken”
Review of China Moon Cafe - CLOSED

China Moon Cafe
Cuisines: Asian, Chilean, Indonesian, Taiwanese
Description: China Moon Cafe is also a part of De Ubud Villas & Spa.
Description: China Moon Cafe is also a part of De Ubud Villas & Spa.
Reviewed March 21, 2012

WE ate her twice...it is near the Komeneka Monkey Forest hotel. The food was great and very inexpensive

1  Thank emlene m
There are newer reviews for China Moon Cafe

Reviewed July 1, 2011

This is one of those places you walk past without ever going in, but if you do, chances are that you'll want to come back again. Perhaps the best selection of juices in Ubud and the food is prepared with care and attention. Staff are great. The tempe burger is a real tummy filler.

2  Thank SooKeeFoo
Reviewed June 29, 2011

If you like Chinese food and happen to be in Ubud, this is a place where you can try out some of their Chinese/Taiwanese dishes. I had tried the fishball soup, meatball soup, dumplings, spicy sauce chicken wings, spring rolls (the Chinese way), tea and fresh juices. I like them all. The soups have lots of green leaf vegetables (Choy Sum) in it, which I like very much. My husband had a Tempe Teriyaki Cheese Burger. He said it was really good. The prices are very reasonable as well compare to some other restaurants in Bali. The staffs are very friendly. Good connection of WiFi internet, and you can sit there as long as you like, enjoy surfing with a pot of Chinese tea and some Chinese snacks. They gave us free roasted peanuts as well. They open daily until 11.00pm.

2  Thank wintermelon
Reviewed June 14, 2011

Stopped here for lunch on way back from Monkey Forest Temple and was drawn in by it's stylish finish and decided to go for the Nasi Goreng at 25,000 rupiah which was fast and great! Topped it off with a freshly made kiwi and pineapple juice at 15,000 rupiah - really delish!

Given it's great location and stylish setting and free wifi I plan to come here every day!!!

1  Thank jrmcgregor
Reviewed October 14, 2010

My daughter and I recently stayed in Ubud for 4 days and got to try quite a few of the local restaurants.
I had read some positive reviews of China Moon and decided to try it out. A decision I now regret !
We ordered some panfried pork dumplings for a starter. When they arrived they were stuck together in a big circular mass and were overcooked to the point where we were picking bits of charcoal from around the edges before we could eat them. I pointed this out to the waitress and all she could offer was that there was nothing wrong with them and that's the way they come.
Next my main of swordfish with a tomato salsa turned up. On cutting into the piece of fish I discovered it was very undercooked - practically raw ! It appeared they had taken a piece of fish out of the freezer and attempted to defrost it in a microwave. It was so badly cooked I had to call the waitress to show her and to make sure it was taken off our bill. She was fairly apologetic and accomodating so I suppost that was one thing.
After that we decided to pay our bill and leave even though we were still hungry.

Based on my experience I certainly cannot recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank ANGUSIII