“Not as good as before..”
Review of Dapur Sonya da Vespa - CLOSED

Dapur Sonya da Vespa
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Dapur sonya da vespa is a vespa scooter inspired warung/cafe specializing in indonesian food and a few western classics . ibu sonya the owner and cook is from sumatera and was inspired by her mother to cook the great classic dishes of sumatera , java and bali . The prices for the food and beverages is local price , so this attracks locals , expats and visitors as the value for money is amazeing . if you are in the ubud area please come and try us and give us your feed back as we are always willing to learn and improve . i cook from my heart .... Ibu Sonya . PS . WE ARE CLOSED EVERY TUESDAY AND FOR IDUL FITRI ......... IBU SONYA
anywhere in the world
“Not as good as before..”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

I am a frequent visitor to Sonya's Kitchen (Dapur Sonya) and I was one of the first to review this restaurant after it opened.

On arriving in Ubud, it is always the first place I head for and this visit was no exception. But I have to say that my latest experience was not as good as previous ones. I ordered my regular 'soto ayam' which is my favorite here, but I was rather disappointed with the food.

Sonya was nowhere to be seen. The soto ayam was okay, but not as good as previously. Rather heavy handed on the coconut milk which meant that the subtle flavours were drowned out by coconut. No complaints about the service, its just the food wasnt up to what it used to be.

Maybe it was an off day. Or maybe Sonya has taken a back seat. I hope the former not the latter. I will try it again just to check. But if it is like this again, it will be my last visit. You can get 'average' soto ayam anywhere in Indonesia. For me its dropped from a 5 to a 3. Will keep you posted.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank An0nym0use

• Indonesian first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Good cheap place”
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Really good traditional Indonesian food and it's really cheap! Check when they are open as they have weird hours and ladies, don't use the bathroom unless you don't mind someone showering in there!

Visited November 2013
“Good food for a good price!”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I had a kuey teow special and nasi goreng special...the food presentation was ok..but the taste was superb!! I will definitely come back! The banana+mango juice is good n we had to order extra..

• Visited November 2013
“Banging Banana Juice”
Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

This place has an amazing banana juice!! Came back just for desert! Food is also pretty good , just have to be prepared for a little wait. Try to Soto Ayam was excellent!

Denpasar, Indonesia
“Won't try again”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Went there with my friends. This warung was so narrow and beside the street. We came there at 5PM. A lot of pictures about vespa and there was 1 vespa too. When we ordered the food, the waitress said empty. Arghhh. And finally i ordered Mie Goreng and Susu soda for my drink. When i ordered, i already told "DON'T SPICY" and my Mie Goreng was so SPICY. My friend ordered chicken soup and the taste was really not good. Maybe too much flour and pepper. I thought, that was instant chicken soup. For drink, my friend ordered "ICE" teh tarik. And when the waitress came, she brought "HOT" teh tarik.
Arghhh really disappointed and will be my first and last.

• Visited May 2013