“Amazing Breakfast and friendly owner”
Review of Praety Home Stay

Praety Home Stay
Ranked #50 of 666 Ubud B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 15, 2013

If you looking for a budget place to provide you a basic needs without tv,aircon,hairdryer,shampoo,minibar,fridge,alarm clock etc....then you should stay here ~
we have spent 2 nights here and we are extremely looking forward to the breakfast,the breakfast served with 4 type of fruits,u can choose to have either coffee,tea or milk, and there is about 8 dish for us to choose (pick only one per day).
i tried the banana pancake and vegetable fried egg,so delicious~

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

Nice budget home stay, only a 10 min walk away from the centre of Ubud. Staff were so friendly, helpful and kind, always offering to make tea/ coffee! :) The inclusive breakfasts were really tasty too! I recommend trying the banana pancake, SO delicious! Room was nice and clean, but unfortunately without air conditioning - fans only.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Praety is run by a very friendly family. The garden is great with a very calm feeling, beautiful flowers a small home temple and nice chairs to relax in. They serve a great breakfast with the best and most beautiful banana pancake i´ve ever had/ Bosse Sweden

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 4, 2013

The best thing about this place is Praety herself. She welcomed us with iced coffee and toast in a shady courtyard filled with small godesses and offerings. The breakfast was probably the best we had in Bali. A banana pancake from heaven with a huge fruit sallad. You should Stay there!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Praety HomeStay is a Balinese style decoration, very nice garden, my room was big enough at the entrance, with a large balcony where a spectacular breakfast was served every morning... The owners are very friendly and helpful and you really feel like being part of the family. Littlle noisy early in the morning but I was not on vacation to spend my time in bed so, it was fine for me. At a walking distance from all attractions and restaurants and you feel very safe staying there.

Room Tip: For more intimacy, choose a room on second floor.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I will preface this review by saying that I tried to submit the following to Agoda (with whom I booked this accommodation), but it seems that they refuse to post this negative review. I would encourage others to take the Agoda hotel reviews and scores with a very large grain of salt when considering where to stay.
Now, on to the review:

It pains me to write this review, as the family that runs Praety Home Stay are amongst the friendliest people I have ever met. As someone who did "home stays" in Argentina, Japan, and Korea, I know a thing or two about what constitutes a good home stay family and what doesn't. Upon check-in at Praety Home Stay, I was welcomed with the sort of warmth that one might expect from a family who has just received the much-anticipated exchange student into their home for the next year.

Unfortunately, this is where the positivity ended.

My room, which was situated upstairs, facing the alley and above the building's entrance, was an absolute dump. I do not speak in hyperbole when I say that I've seen cleaner and more hygienic accommodation in homeless tents and subway platform cardboard boxes than what I found awaiting me in my room.

Let's see:

*Smashed, dead, massive cockroach on the floor? Check.
*About 40 dead flies in the bathroom sink? Check.
*Cobwebs (and a few active webs, spiders included) all over the place? Check.
*3-4 geckos running up and down the wall, chirping all night? Check.
*Pubic hairs all over the moldy bathtub? Check.
*Stains on my sheets? Check.
*No AC in a tropical climate? Check.
*No hot water for the shower? Check.
*A blackout soon after arrival that killed all the electricity on the premises? Check.
*Ants crawling all over the place and into my luggage? Check.
*Entrance light that didn't work (which mean ascending and descending stairs in pitch black darkness at night)? Check.
*Rusty nail sticking out of a table that ripped my calf open as I walked by, thus necessitating a trip to the ER for a Tetanus immunoglobulin injection? Check.

I could go probably go on and on with my checklist, but I think my brain has repressed the experience to avoid further emotional scarring.

In short, unless you tickle in extreme masochistic pleasures, avoid Praety Home Stay like the plague....because you may very well end up with The Plague if you stay here.

Room Tip: Fortunately, there is a very good ER clinic nearby...which you will probably need to visit if you el...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Noah S
Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

Such amazing service from the family who live here and we were served breakfasts better than what you would get at a nice hotel! The rooms arent fancy with air con etc, but its a home stay so its nice to live how the balinese live!!!

• Stayed: January 2013