“Super nice home stay style guesthouse in ubud.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Praety Home Stay

Praety Home Stay
Ranked #43 of 529 Ubud B&B and Inns
“Super nice home stay style guesthouse in ubud.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

The best thing about this place is Praety herself. She welcomed us with iced coffee and toast in a shady courtyard filled with small godesses and offerings. The breakfast was probably the best we had in Bali. A banana pancake from heaven with a huge fruit sallad. You should Stay there!

• Stayed March 2013

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Korean first
Vaudreuil-Dorion, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

Praety HomeStay is a Balinese style decoration, very nice garden, my room was big enough at the entrance, with a large balcony where a spectacular breakfast was served every morning... The owners are very friendly and helpful and you really feel like being part of the family. Littlle noisy early in the morning but I was not on vacation to spend my time in bed so, it was fine for me. At a walking distance from all attractions and restaurants and you feel very safe staying there.

Room Tip: For more intimacy, choose a room on second floor.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Seoul
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

I will preface this review by saying that I tried to submit the following to Agoda (with whom I booked this accommodation), but it seems that they refuse to post this negative review. I would encourage others to take the Agoda hotel reviews and scores with a very large grain of salt when considering where to stay.
Now, on to the review:

It pains me to write this review, as the family that runs Praety Home Stay are amongst the friendliest people I have ever met. As someone who did "home stays" in Argentina, Japan, and Korea, I know a thing or two about what constitutes a good home stay family and what doesn't. Upon check-in at Praety Home Stay, I was welcomed with the sort of warmth that one might expect from a family who has just received the much-anticipated exchange student into their home for the next year.

Unfortunately, this is where the positivity ended.

My room, which was situated upstairs, facing the alley and above the building's entrance, was an absolute dump. I do not speak in hyperbole when I say that I've seen cleaner and more hygienic accommodation in homeless tents and subway platform cardboard boxes than what I found awaiting me in my room.

Let's see:

*Smashed, dead, massive cockroach on the floor? Check.
*About 40 dead flies in the bathroom sink? Check.
*Cobwebs (and a few active webs, spiders included) all over the place? Check.
*3-4 geckos running up and down the wall, chirping all night? Check.
*Pubic hairs all over the moldy bathtub? Check.
*Stains on my sheets? Check.
*No AC in a tropical climate? Check.
*No hot water for the shower? Check.
*A blackout soon after arrival that killed all the electricity on the premises? Check.
*Ants crawling all over the place and into my luggage? Check.
*Entrance light that didn't work (which mean ascending and descending stairs in pitch black darkness at night)? Check.
*Rusty nail sticking out of a table that ripped my calf open as I walked by, thus necessitating a trip to the ER for a Tetanus immunoglobulin injection? Check.

I could go probably go on and on with my checklist, but I think my brain has repressed the experience to avoid further emotional scarring.

In short, unless you tickle in extreme masochistic pleasures, avoid Praety Home Stay like the plague....because you may very well end up with The Plague if you stay here.

Room Tip: Fortunately, there is a very good ER clinic nearby...which you will probably need to visit if you el...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Noah S
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

Such amazing service from the family who live here and we were served breakfasts better than what you would get at a nice hotel! The rooms arent fancy with air con etc, but its a home stay so its nice to live how the balinese live!!!

• Stayed January 2013
Guernsey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

Booked online for 3 nights based on reviews, but in the end stayed for 5. Enjoyed my stay in Praety a lot. Simple, but comfortable rooms with hot shower, fan ( didn't use much cause it was not as hot), lots of space, little garden ( u can quietly watch family ceremonies too) and the best breakfast ever ( fresh fruit & balinese banana pancake with young coconut was my favourite).
Only 5 rooms, so it's very peaceful. On more quiet street but walking distance from Ubud main attractions ( 7min from Monkey Forest). Loved the location- nice small restaurants around, jazz Bar.
Owners are very helpful And gives lots of good advices about exploring Ubud and Bali.
Will be back for sure! :)

Room Tip: Stayed in room just near the entrance - was great. But if u want more private space - ask for room o...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Cebu City, Philippines
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012

I gave a lot of thought to writing this review because the family is so kind and welcoming. But I feel, based on my experience, that I need to offer my opinion. I prepaid for 6 nights based on the reviews here and left after 3 nights because I simply couldn't take it anymore. I stayed in 2 different rooms, one was the smallest and the second was much larger. Both bathrooms were pretty bad. Only a bathtub with no curtain making the shower difficult to use. The shower holder fell out of the wall. There are few places to place your things, often having to balance them on a sink that was falling down. I live in the Philippines, so I'm used to heat, but sleeping with only a fan was not comfortable. Being located in the middle of a neighborhood had charm until 5am when the roosters, dogs and motorbikes started up. I went searching for another place to stay yesterday and found numerous better choices for the same price. I know that other times of the year are busier and maybe during those times, this is a good choice.

I hope this review motivates the owners to compare their rooms to others in the city and make the necessary improvements to compete. I hated to write this, but felt it's important to be honest on a website such as this - I've left out many other details to shorten this review. I find it hard to believe others had such a wonderful experience. 1 or 2 nights you can handle here, but again, I've since moved to a hotel in the main part of town with aircon, tv and a pool for the same price.

Room Tip: Maybe the upstairs room is better, but I didn't see it.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank Scott R
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

This place is nestled amongst an authentic Ubud neighbourhood, with an full of orchids atrium from which the downstairs rooms are accessed. Rooms are very clean with a big bed incl "dutch wife" were we had the most comfortable sleep. Praety is run by a charming family who could`t have been more helpfull. You can rent bicycles, scooters and organize airport pick up from there as well.
Praety is not far from places of interest and if you like walking all can be reached by foot. Riding a bicycle and exploreing the rice fields was great fun.
There is a rooster next door but to us that just added to the charm ( he only crows on sunrise).
We stayed in a downstairs room which was nice, breakfast was yum, the fruit salad looked like a work of art.
Loved it, Thank you guys