Bisma Eight(Ubud)
$149
$258
$201
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $234/night.

$158
$109
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $138/night.

$136
$373
$258
$666
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $806/night.

$700
$488
Cancelon
All reviewsrice fieldsyour luggagewayanteacherscooter
Reviewed December 25, 2013

+ beautiful rooms with great design, charmingly surrounded by small rice fields, in walking distance to all sights, great breakfast

- price (after all it's not a Hotel), moscito nets were a bit dirty and had small holes

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Arriving in the middle of the night after a way too long bus trip from probolinggo we got a nice room with a traditional balinese sleeping room and a huge bathroom. It's a calm guesthouse surrounded by rice paddies where you can listen to the frog orchestra before going to sleep. The breakfast on the house's terrace was delicious and perfectly arranged (Green pancake!). The owner Wayan was very helpful organizing cycling trips, scooters, and also legong dance performances. We can recommend the cycling tour.
The cons:
The mosquito net had rather many holes.
The room was rather clean but could have been cleaner regarding the money we paid.
No payment by credit card (the owner loves cash in her hands :) )
It's a beautiful calm place we can only recommend.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nik0laP
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I've stayed at Bali Moon many times before and have given it great reviews. I even brought my parents once and always recommend it to friends visiting Ubud. I was excited to bring new friends to Bali Moon in June 2013. I had made a reservation well in advanced and had confirmation over e-mail for 2 rooms (sleeping 4 people). Bali Moon also said they would arrange airport pick up for us.

We arrived in Bali at 10:00pm and eagerly looked for our prearranged taxi. There was nothing to be found, so I called Bali Moon. They knew who I was and sounded like they were expecting me, but told me to just take a normal taxi. That was the first problem!

We took our own taxi from the airport and arrived late at night to Bali Moon. The owners greeted us and showed my two friends (a couple) to their room. My other friend and I waited for the owner to come back and show us our room. Once he did come back he told us that somebody else stayed and therefore took our reservation. They don't have a room for us. They suggested to put a mattress on the floor of our friends' room. We didn't want to to this because we were looking to relax, not have a budget holiday squeezing into a tiny room and sleeping on the floor. Plus we were traveling with a couple who would like privacy.

The owner of Bali Moon did not seem like there was reason to be upset. I am accustom to this sort of problem while traveling in Indonesia, but it being late at night and having to worry about my friends made it worse. My group of 4 wanted to stay in the same guesthouse because we were traveling together. I also picked all my favorite places to stay in Bali to show my friends, Bali Moon being one of them. Since it was an important trip, I made reservations and confirmed these reservations. I was quite disappointed it didn't work out.

Indonesian requires flexibility, so when Bali Moon suggested that his brother's guesthouse would be an ideal stay, we went. The brother's guesthouse was called Ala's Green Lagoon and was located directly behind Bali Moon. I reviewed it (check it out) and had a great experience.

I wish the owner's gave my friends (who had the room at Bali Moon) a discount, but they refused. I still think Bali Moon is a great guesthouse, but I hope that they make some customer service a priority.

I have lived and traveled in Indonesia for many years, so I expect reservation to be forgotten, however it doesn't make it any less frustrating when it happens. I know that it is part of the Indonesian culture to live in the moment instead of planning for the furture. However if a business like Bali Moon caters to foreigners and charges higher prices, I think that they should hold true to reservations or simply not make them. I would especially encourage Bali Moon to do this since the owner is a teacher in the field of tourism.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank TravelGirlKate
Reviewed July 26, 2013

To start with the rooms, those are simply amazing. We staid in room one; big balcony, enormous raised four posted bed and a marble bathroom wich in the western world you'll only find in 5 star hotels. The room is full of Balinese details, just stunning.

The location is al little of the centre amongst little rice fields. But it's only a short walk.

Breakfast is great, every morning something different. We had green pancakes with warm fruit and French toast. Both with fresh fruit platter.

They lacked to arrange motorcycles. But redeemed themselves with arranging a good taxi driver.

Downsides; a bit of a muddy complex, the mosquito net was to small and had holes in it.

With more professional personnel it could be better, though the way it is now they give a true Balinese experience. If you want western service, there's a four seasons in Ubud ; ) The hotel is family owned by a Ubud family. Talk with the owner for excellent advise and insights in the local culture.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank 120Sebastian1977
Reviewed July 19, 2013

The building and natural setting along the rice patties is amazing. The rooms include beautiful art and an appealing design. The bed was quite comfy and the bathrooms are large. The breakfast is tasty and the woman who serves it is delightful. On the negative side, I had to ask for everything and this includes drinking water, hot water for the shower, toilet paper and soap. I personally found it very hot in the room at night, which could be fixed with another strong fan, but when I told them about it, they really didn’t seem to care. Actually, this should be an incredible place to stay. They need to be more proactive if they want to enhance the experience for guests. As it stands, this is an average place that could be much better with some initiative and enthusiasm.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo