“A must do in Bali!!”

Bali Traditional Tours - Day Tours
Ranked #1 of 392 Tours in Ubud
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Our day with Nyoman of Bali Traditional Tours was the highlight of our entire trip. As a travel agent, I have done hundreds of tours, but this was one of the very best. Communication with Nyoman prior to the trip was quick and efficient. He arrived early on the day of the tour to pick us up. We chose to do the South Bali and Ulu Watu tour and we thoroughly enjoyed it.

Our first stop was to visit a traditional Balinese family compound to see how the Balinese live. This was so interesting to see, and it was touching to meet Nyoman's family - including his parents and twin sons. We truly felt welcomed into their home. After this we visited the Royal Temple of Taman Ayun. It was stunningly beautiful - the gardens, the lake, the temples. After this we visited a spice and coffee plantation where we sampled a variety of teas and coffees, and Nyoman explained the process of making Luwak coffee. From there we enjoyed a stunning drive through some of the most stunning scenery to see Tanah Lot. It was a real highlight to see this temple perched on the rock with the gorgeous Indian Ocean surrounding it. After a quick and delicious lunch stop, we headed to our last stop, the Ulu Watu Temple.

After our day with Nyoman we really felt that we had seen and learned so much. Nyoman was accommodating to our every need and a wealth of knowledge. But what truly made this tour exceptional was Nyoman himself - he is friendly, funny, genuine - just a truly wonderful soul. You must do a tour with Bali Traditional Tours if you are fortunate enough to visit this country. I cannot wait to return to Bali and spend another day with our new friend seeing more of this beautiful island.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Visited Bali again just because it is such a beautiful place. Of course, I had to ask Nyoman to be our tour guide again because he was simply awesome during my last trip! Contacted him through emails before my trip to discuss our itinerary and seek opinions from him, and I have to compliment him for being so prompt with his replies and always sounding so cheerful.

Nyoman's a great tour guide- he has good food recommendations, he is so familiar with driving around Bali and knows most of the popular places to go to, and he tells you so much about the interesting cultures of Bali. Even though the distance between the places that we wanted to visit were far, he would try his best to plan your day for you such that you can visit all the places.

I have to say that I was truly impressed with his service as he remembered that I had nose allergies when he heard me sniffing in the car. My previous tour with him was almost a year ago!! Thank you Nyoman!! :)

During our long journeys, Nyoman was also a great person to chat with and my bf and I could talk about anything and everything with him. He's funny and speaks such good English that it is just so easy to talk to him.

If you are planning to visit Bali and you are looking for a good tour guide to bring you around, Nyoman is the one!!

Reviewed April 16, 2013

We've been out today with Bali Traditional Tours, with our tour guide Nyoman. We chose the Kintamani trip, and it was all we expected, plus more
It was wonderful getting to see more of the true Bali, with a guide that really knew what he was talking about, and that could answer any questions we had about his country.
Nyoman really is a friendly, knowledgeable and pleasant person, which made the trip very special. I would definitely recommend Bali Traditional Tours (and especially Nyoman) to anyone!

Reviewed April 12, 2013

I would recommend Bali Traditional Tours hands down with Nyomen. From the moment he picked us up we knew we were in for a real treat. He speaks very good English and explains things from his country very well with much pride. We dined where the locals ate, got to see the terraced rice fields, Kintamani volcano, Seminyak, Tanah-lot, Ubud (where Eat, Pray and Love was filmed) which is also where Nyomen's family compound is located. This was our highlight of the tour actually getting to see the way the traditional family life style of the Balinese people. Again I would highly recommend Nyomen if you want the true Bali experience.

1  Thank Brudan
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I'd certainly recommend you book some time with these guys. Communication with Nyomen was prompt and easy and the day we spent with his cousin Ketut was brilliant. He's very patient and an excellent driver and he'll give you full value for money. He picked us up punctually from the airport and as requested he took us straight away to change money and get some breakfast. The much improved exchange rate he got me at a booth not far from the airport immediately saved me US $30 and shortly afterwards we were eating a delicious meal overlooking Sanur beach. We spent 14 hours with Ketut in all, culminating in the Kecak dance at Uluwatu which was an awesome way to end the day. We'd definitely recommend Bali Traditional Tours without reservation. Many thanks from Sean and Jacky in Manila.