“The only place to stay!”
Review of Ubud Dream

Ubud Dream
Ranked #140 of 620 Ubud B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 14, 2013

This was our third stay with the family at Ubud Dream. Once again we enjoyed the quiet location so close to all the action, restaurants and shopping on Monkey Forest Rd. This is a fabulous home stay, and the room with it's own balcony is just perfect.

Room Tip: C-Ray room has a private balcony, ensuite and bar fridge.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 12, 2013

We liked our stay at Ubud Dream. The room was very comfortable. And the location very good. It is a very peaceful place. The staff is really friendly. The breakfast is also very good. We were driving around on motorbike in Bali. And from Ubud dream we made a nice trip to the restaurants Pomegrenato and Padi Organic. These restaurants are in the middle of beautiful ricefields. We also went to the dance performance in Ubud Palace, Monkey Forest and Gunung Batur.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank S4nn3
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights late August. It is situated about halfway along Monkey Forest Road, down a small gangway. This is perfectly located for getting around Ubud but also peaceful at the same time. It is close to the bars which have live music of an evening.

The rooms are basic but exactly what you need if you want somewhere safe and clean to rest your head.

The lady who runs the accommodation is very sweet and helpful. Breakfast was included with the price and consisted of a scrambled egg toastie and fresh fruit.

Definitely worth staying here if you just need somewhere to sleep and are off adventuring during the day.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Louise P
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We stumbled into this place accidentally and were very surprised by the welcome and charm of this place. Nice rooms and very clean. Good price since it was low season and nice tenants. Breakfast in the garden was just the cherry on top.
Great place!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Zari M
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We stayed here on our second trip to Ubud. The location is fantastic, and the rooms ere very clean and spacious. The family we stayed with was incredible and friendly. The only couple of things that you should note is that the streets in Ubud are not named. We had a hard time finding the street, as they don't have a sign at the intersection with the Monkey forest road. Its just south of the soccer pitch, right after a convenience store (the second main alleyway south of the pitch!).

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2013

This is a homestay and I can't think of a better or more comfortable place to have stayed. I'm so glad I chose this over the hotels and the other accommodations that are available. The price and the value was outstanding. I'm not sure I would have been as happy or as comfortable in a place where I paid more.

The location is fantastic, down a little alley off Monkey Forest Road, so you are in the heart of it all but in the quiet too. As a lone female, I felt very safe.

I had the large room with the balcony seating and en suite. It was very roomy, even thougbI didn't spent much time in there, it was good to have the space. The en suite is almost as big as the bedroom. It took me a couple of go's to work out the shower, which was fine when I got the hang of it.

The balcony is where I spent any time when I was there. Tis is whe I used my iPad to Skype home using the free wi fi. Right next to the beautiful carved rocking chair was the family's temple, all stone and statues...incredible to be amidst the sacred heart of the family's worship. I watched Titik one morning doing her prayers, she is so beautiful and to watch her praying with frangipani's in her hair and making offerings to the gods was very special. I recall many hours in the evening in the rocking chair listening to the croak of the lizard...I never did learn its name but at least realised after a couple of days it is a lizard and not a bird...all quiet and serene otherwise.

The breakfast was on the balcony. I've read another review which said that breakfast took time to come, it was a few minutes sometimes, but the fact is that the three rooms are on the upper floor, the kitchen and the family's living area is downstairs. They don't have anyone waiting upstairs to clock when you're about to want breakfast, so it's a case of either waiting or alerting them to the fact that you're ready to eat...neither is a big deal. Breakfast was always lovely, but there was no choice in it, coffee, fruit and a banana pancake...very nice start to the day.

The couple offer airport pick up and collection which I took advantage of and this was helpful especially with this taking place late at night or early in the morning. The odd thing was that I was leaving very early in the morning and there was a driver that the homestay had arranged who entered my bedroom and started chatting loudly. I told him to 'shh' as others were sleeping and wondered what on earth he thought he was doing standing in my room. I think it was a 'culture clash' and nothing more.

The homestay also offers a driver and car to do trips and clearly say that their prices are better than the tour agents especially for their own guests. I asked for quotes for the trips I wanted and checked with a local tour agent who gave me the same trips with an English speaking driver for considerably less. I was disappointed with the homestay about that, but it's only a case of buyer beware. I saved a lot of money through using the travel agent on the monkey forest road instead.

A small point which I did make to Titik but it would be good to have some cups and glasses in the room. I did ask but I think she just forgot. But she did sort out my laundry for me for a very good price, although I never did get the hang of what it would cost until afterwards!

I loved this place and if I should ever find myself with the good fortune to be in Bali again, this is where I would return.

Room Tip: Choose the big one with the AC. I spoke to people who were in the room without the AC and they did...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I stayed at Ubud Dream for four nights in March 2013. Komang picked me up from the airport and I am glad he did as I don't think it would be fun negotiating with the mob of drivers waiting outside the arrivals area. The price for the pick up was 200k Rp (approx. $20 US), which is fair.
The room itself was lovely. The bed was very comfortable and even came with a bird made out of towels! Having a fridge in the room is handy also.
The breakfast was nice. I really enjoyed the green Balinese pancake.
The bathroom was fine (loved the stones in the shower), the only issue was that the shower leaked onto the floor in the bathroom (the water was not draining properly), when I showed the guy who works there he said it was fine and just to leave the water on the floor. Unfortunately because the water was left on the floor in the bathroom it started to get a mildewy smell.
Other than that small issue, this was a lovely place to stay. A fantastic family who care about the people who come to stay with them.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo