I decided to stay at Sri Bungalow after reading the great reviews. It is really a beautiful guesthouse, and I really want to give it 5 star, but I have to be objective. here goes:
- location. the bungalow is situtated about halfway on monkey forest road, this means that you will be able to walk to monkey forest, restaurants, open stages for traditional dances, all in less than 15 mins of walking each.
- the view. we booked a deluxe suite, which has an amazing view of the rice field. it's a small one, about the size of a football field, but it is nonetheless beautiful. ducks can be seen feeding and wading among the plants, roosters crowing at the crack of dawn.
- breakfast. the breakfast included is at their restaurant, and it was not bad. it comes in a set, not buffet.
- basic facilities. for the price we are paying, we felt that some basic stuff should have been provided, such as hair dryer, a box of tissue, toothpaste and toothbrushes, water kettle, safe box in the room etc. not deal breakers, but for much less that we had paid elsewhere in Bali, those basic stuff had been provided and more.
- insects. now, the rice fields are literally at the doorstep of your bungalow suites. as beautiful as it is to lie on your bed and enjoy that view, the abundance of insects at night entering our room wasn't pleasant at all. flies would crawl into our room at night to shed their broken wings and die a few cm from our bed. grasshoppers jumping here and there. trails of ants weaving in and out to consume the dead files. you get the picture. the management could have installed better doors that can seal away the room from the insects, even though they are harmless.
- Internet. the Internet stability and coverage is awful. you can't connect to the wireless anywhere you like in the room. it has to be near the balcony or at the balcony of the suite. perhaps it's only our room, but I don't believe we were that unlucky.
that's all for my review. thanks for reading.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of Ubud, Sri Bungalows Ubud is an ideal spot from which to discover Bali. From here, guests can enjoy easy access to all that the lively city has to offer. Also within easy reach are Komaneka Gallery, Monkey Forest Ubud, Ubud Market.At Sri Bungalows Ubud, every effort is made to make guests feel comfortable. To do so, the hotel provides the best in services and amenities. To name a few of the hotel's facilities, there are business center, 24hr room service, laundry service/dry cleaning, tours, safety deposit boxes.Sri Bungalows Ubud is an ideal place of stay for travelers seeking charm, comfort and convenience in Bali. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, HostelWorld, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sri Bungalows reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sri Bungalows Hotel Ubud
- Sri Bungalows Ubud, Bali