Lowest prices for your stay
$56
Breakfast included
Hotels.com
_ellshti
Denpasar, Indonesia
Shervin Boloorian's Sound, Colour and Movement Therapy at Swasti Eco Cottages
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Jun 18, 2016
I came across Shervin's work at one of his regular public sound healing sessions at a large venue in Ubud. The hour and a half session was truly incredible - lying comfortably on our backs on yoga mats with our eyes closed while Shervin and one of his guests worked their magic on us with their voices and a variety of instruments from all over the globe was a unique experience. The entire crowd left the session in what I can only describe as a state of reverence and bliss. At the end of the session Shervin informed us all that he also held private healing sessions, and I decided that I wanted to experience his talents one on one....

Shervin bases his sessions at the Swasti Eco Cottages, just behind Monkey Forrest in Ubud. It is a beautifully presented and very welcoming venue and I had the privilege of wandering through their expansive grounds (they grow many of their own vegetables and even have sheep!), and sampling their very well planned and executed organic menu (WOW!) after my treatment session....but I'm not here to rave about Swasti, I'm here to rave about Shervin....

Shervin's presence is gentle and confident, which is a fantastic combination to witness and feel in a healer. After experiencing the public session it could have been easy for me to expect big things from this man. After all, as a part of a group I had been grounded and exalted by this man's talents, but manipulating a crowd of willing participants is very different to working on an individual; especially when that individual happens to have perfect pitch. I am also very skeptical of 'healers' in general, and in this part of the world, the number of 'healers' are seemingly as thick as a swarm of bees around a honey pot, so I entered the treatment room with an open mind and no expectations.

I understand and believe in Shervin's form of therapy. Rooted in sound scientific theory and evidence, I know that 'sound healing' is a very real and potentially very effective healing method. I wanted to see if this man really could recognise and alleviate my ills using the frequencies emitted by the sounds he created. After being offered a drink and having a relaxing chat, I climbed onto the massage table and Shervin took a pulse diagnosis according to Chinese medical principles. I've studied acupuncture and I'd seen an acupuncturist a few days earlier; he was spot on. I closed my eyes and Shervin went to work....

Oh. My. God. It was a completely different experience from the public session; Shervin's specific treatment that day was based on an individual diagnosis, so despite the fact that he had a variety of man-made tools at hand (aka instruments), he selected and used what I needed at that specific time.

First and foremost, Shervin's hands are gentle. Really gentle. The manner in which he moved my hair and body parts throughout the treatment was exceptional. I've simply never had such a deeply considerate healer (and as a worldwide 'healer shopper', I can honestly and sincerely make that kind of a statement). Shervin wouldn't just move my body to where it needed to be. He would so delicately lift and settle me into place it was like I was a 3000 year old piece of tissue paper in his hands. But Shervin didn't just place his hands on me to move me, he also used his hands as a massage tool exactly where my body needed them. Radiating heat and healing energy, Shervin felt into my system and gave me a sense of freedom and peace.

During the session Shervin also used a number of tuning forks which he'd 'fire up' by tapping them on a muted block and then place strategically along the meridians he was working on. The feeling I got from these was sensational. Instant release and relief and an ongoing rippling effect throughout my body is the only way I can describe it. It truly has to be experienced first hand to get a real sense of the depth of impact these powerful little tools have on the entire system.

To add even another layer to the treatment, Shervin used chromo (colour) therapy on me in the form coloured silks which he lay over my body during the session. I received six weeks live-in treatment and training from a highly respected chromotherapist in the recent past and was surprised and delighted that Shervin also applied its principles during my treatment. Shervin also used other musical tools (chime bells etc..) throughout the treatment.

Last and by no means least, Shervin used the beautiful sounds created by a guitar and his own voice. He started to play and sing while I was face down on the table and I was transported into the form of a tiny baby cradled lovingly in her father's arms; being sung to and gently lulled into a state of grounded ecstasy. It brought unashamed tears to my eyes. Shervin gently removed the silk drapes from my body and the session was over. I was left knowing that I wanted more from this gifted being.

I've since been to his public sessions and had a further one on one with him which was an entirely different experience from the one I've described. After plying me with his tools of trade, Shervin placed his face over my chronically painful knees and sang into them. He sang a perfectly pitched 'ohm' and I experienced instant (and thankfully lasting) relief.

The reverberations of Shervin's sessions are still resonating inside me and while I now eagerly wait first in line outside his public sessions (to get the best spot!), I can't wait to be delighted by his abilities when I book in for another one on one session with him while he's still in town.

Shervin brings a talent and affinity for sound with him into his sessions. Coupled with several years spent studying sound, colour and movement therapy under a world renowned master, and topped off with compassion, sincerity and unconditional love, Shervin truly is a rare jewel in the tricky landscape of healers littered the world over. I have the deepest gratitude and utmost respect for this man and am so very thankful I spontaneously decided to drop in one evening on one of his public sessions.
Date of stay: June 2016
  • Hotel Website
    $209
3.6 miles from Swasti Eco Cottages
View more hotels in Ubud
All reviews organic garden monkey forest yoga shala vegan food spa treatments each morning central ubud nature flowers bali paradise rama classes teacher healing gecko chickens
Selected filters
Reviewed June 12, 2016

i stayed in swasti cottagges in april and i was very confortable with the bungalow, spa, restaurant , swimming pool and the beautifull garden. The personnel was very friendly, spoke french and always smiling. It was amazing

Room tip: a little bungalow
Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Swasti Eco C, Manager at Swasti Eco Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2017

Hi Nicole,

How great that you enjoyed your stay with us!

We look forward to seeing you again next time you're in Bali!

Warm Regards,
Reza

Swasti Operational Manager

Reviewed June 11, 2016

I didn't stay at the hotel, but went there a number of times to receive private healing sessions from Shervin Boloorian, whose healing modality incorporates TCM based vibrational acupressure using tuning forks to send the healing vibrations deep into the meridians and acupuncture points combined with Tama-Do sound and colour therapy to identify and release chakra blockages, as well as providing advice about self-healing. I found Shervin to be incredibly caring and attentive and genuine in his desire to support one's healing processes. I recommended Shervin's sessions to my friends. Those who went to see him were also more than pleased with his approach.
My friends and I also had a number of meals at the hotel café - the food is interesting, innovative, fresh and made with love. It also incorporates as much organic produce as possible, including that which is grown in the on-site organic garden. The staff are very friendly and proud of what they produce. If you are not quite sure what it is by the menu description, choose it, you will be pleasantly surprised.
The setting is very quiet, and green with an attractive pool and overall a very pleasant place to be.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Swasti Eco C, Manager at Swasti Eco Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2016

Thank you for this nice review and for promoting the beautiful work of Shervin! We hope to see you soon again in Swasti!

Reviewed June 8, 2016

It was hard to know what to expect when we first arrived since we had to walk up about a 2 block path to enter. This is an older hotel that has been transformed into Eco Cottages. The accommodations are varied and it does not look like there are any two the same. My wife and I enjoyed the air conditioned room except when the power went out. My son preferred the regular rooms with the fans. The restaurant was the big surprise where very innovative cuisine was prepared. We also appreciated the very friendly service and felt like part of the family. But, they do need to work on their WiFi which was spotty.

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Swasti Eco C, Manager at Swasti Eco Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2016

Thank you for this review. WIFI has been installed only 2 weeks ago and it does not work always consistently, but we are working on it! Thank you for your stay , we hope to see you next time!

Reviewed June 4, 2016 via mobile

Swasti is a beautiful place that will certainly give your mind and body the relax it needs. The gardens are beautiful and lush and you don't even feel like you're in a busy city like Ubud. The pool area is always clean and very relaxing. My favourite was to sit in the little huts reading a book, looking out to the gorgeous garden and pool. The food in the restaurant is always fresh and oh so healthy and delicious! There is a spa on site which is very handy and it's well worth trying them out. Very relaxing indeed. The rooms are just gorgeous-to think they are about 100 years old and transformed into the guesthouses they are today, keeping that old charm, with the modern comforts of your own bathroom and air con.Rooms are very clean and housekeeping come every day. In the mornings you can join the yoga class in the open air yoga hall set in the middle of the lush garden. Just what you need to start your day in Ubud. Excellent teacher, excellent class. Staff are very friendly and will help you out with anything you need. We even got some excellent day trip advice which is of the beaten track. We hired a moped from Swasti to get around easily. Being just next to the monkey forest, you are a little far from the action of the main market and shopping areas so a moped is a good idea if you want to go into the heart of Ubud for shopping or to visit the Palace and dine at one of the many restaurants.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Angie B
Swasti Eco C, Manager at Swasti Eco Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2016

Thank you Angie for you nice review!

Reviewed June 3, 2016

We spent 4 days in one of the Swasti cottages last week. It was perfect: the place is wonderful, quiet, peaceful, comfy and sustainable. All the people we met at Swasti were really nice and helpfull. They gave us many tips to enjoy our holidays oi Ubud.The food is also delicious

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Swasti Eco C, Manager at Swasti Eco Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2016

Thank you for staying with us! You always will be welcome in Swasti!