“Worst massage ever”

Ranked #58 of 195 Hotels in Ubud
A TripAdvisor Member
“Worst massage ever”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

We stay here for three days and fell in love with the hotel. Our room was awesome and the atmosphere surrounding it was even better: nature, green.. It makes you feel apart from everything; definitely a great place to relax and enjoy quietness. Unfortunately the massage experience went badly. We order and Ayurveda massage (Abhyanga) because we usually take this kind and let us very disappointed. The therapist was sick and keep coughing all over us, she did sides differently, interrupted several times to talk to another colleague and the quality was poorly. It's a nice place to spend the night and relax in the garden and pool, but we suggest to take a massage outside this hotel.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Tokyo, Japan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

Rather unique (and least for me) rustic earthy vibe. Great healthy food which I found was somewhat of a rarity with Balinese/Indonesian cooking. Very chill. Unfortunately the lack of windows made it a bit noisy at times so not good if you're an especially light sleeper. The open air concept is also conducive to unexpected nature visits if that doesn't bother you.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sebastian M
Port Talbot, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

We stayed here between 17-24 November 2013 and very much enjoyed our stay here. All of the staff and Komang were exceptional, naturally friendly, and made us feel right at home. The best parts of Swasti are: the staff, the pool, the food, the room, the eco-ethos, the garden, and the location - not necessarily in that order. Being half-Indonesian and familiar with Bali since before I can remember this to me was like a visit back in time, the tranquility of the garden, the lovely staff who were more than just people who did things for you because that was their job ... sometimes Ubud can be a bit hard too handle these days, the traffic, the selling, but Swasti was the perfect antidote to that.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

Be carefull, some weird bugs and another animals can be sleep in your room. We booked a room with air cond, i pay more expensive because of that and i stayed ia a room without air and the bugs loved it!

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Marcela G
Sofia, Bulgaria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014

The place is very nice. Five minutes walk from the Monkey forest, quiet and green. The cottages are well equipped and sweet. The pool is clean and the restaurant looks great.
The bathroom is huge, there is enough space between the cottages and there is a privacy.
We were disappointed by the food. Overall impression was that it was tasteless. We have been waiting for 40 minutes for a toast, which was average. At our departure we have been served toasts, prepared the evening before, just because we had to leave at 6.45 and the breakfast started at 7. Better to not serve a breakfast instead ti give us this.
The other concern that we had is the lack of POS terminal - the hotel excepts cash only, which for an area as UBUB is very inconvenient. They accepted our Euro, but the exchange rate was much different than the exchange rate in all money changers and banks. It is not a question about 10 euros, but it leaved in us a bad impression.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014

I planned to be in Bali for six days and I stayed at Swasti Eco for the second half of the stay. It was a good coincidence that I stayed at Swasti for my second half because I ran myself into the ground staying in the busy beach side of Kuta/Legian and I was beginning to feel irritable and sick from the noise and fast-food type places around that area. I initially didnt pay a lot of attention when I booked a stay with Swasti so I had no idea what this was about. When I got there though, I found the staff to be friendly and helpful and I preferred the eco cottage to the western rooms in Legian/Kuta. The organic restaurant eased me back onto food ( I was hardly eating food in Legian because I was sick of it) and the quiet nature allowed me to sleep a full night since I arrived to Bali. Swasti IS tucked away in a huge garden/forest scene so you can expect mosquito bites, it's a fair trade for the live drumming performance and cottage patio to enjoy a book. Had I been able to take better care of myself prior to entering Swasti, I could have definitely enjoyed more of what this resort had to offer. I would recommend this place for families, couples and anyone that appreciates a quiet, simple space to relax for holiday.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank pearl c
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

We stayed here in March 2013 - my husband and I and two kids aged 9 and 12. What's special about this place is the relaxed, friendly staff and the yummy food in the wholefood restaurant. Our waiter, Yogi, was the sweetest guy. My kids have food allergies, so at every meal we had to check and recheck the ingredients of every single item, to the point where I was cringing inside with embarrassment at all the questions we had to ask! The staff could not have been more patient and caring. (We still talk fondly about the yummy food and lovely staff). Also, the owner has really strong beliefs in regard to environmental sustainability. Much of the fresh produce is grown in the gardens behind the restaurant, and we were even asked to bring organic flour from Australia as it was hard to obtain in Bali. I'm not that much of a hardline greenie myself, but really admired the owner's principles. (I provided a supermarket receipt for the flour and was reimbursed in the form of a free meal or similar.) My only complaint is that we were kept awake one night by the staff musical performance in the restaurant, which was right outside our bungalow. It went until about 11 pm, so if you are an early bird like me, or have young kids who need their sleep, then request a bungalow well away from the restaurant. The musical performance itself was quite wonderful, by the way, with all the staff joining in. If you are a laid back type who likes to stay up late then it might not bother you. All in all, this place has a great vibe and is a gentle, quiet 10 minute stroll through the monkey forest to the hectic pace of Ubud central. Enjoy!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family