“Lovely, great, family-run guest house!!!”

Karang Mesari Ubud Bungalow
Ranked #99 of 638 Ubud B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I stayed with my friend for 2 nights in Suastika and we really loved the hostel. Beautiful tropical garden, big room with a comfortable bed and a nice veranda to have breakfast in the morning. Made and Yoko were very nice and gentle, the breakfast was the best I have had in a long time. Even when my friend got the famous "Bali Belly", Made got her really efficient Japanese medicine and Yoko cooked her some rice porridge. The property is really really beautiful, but be aware that you need good earplugs since they have frogs, cocks and dogs, which can be quite noisy during the night and the very early morning. Also dont forget to bring mosquito repellent! For me personally, the only negative is that the location is a bit far from the Yoga centers of Bali and I probably would move a little bit closer to the centers next time. But if you want to stay near the main streets, but still in an tranquil environment, Suastika is definitely a very very good choice.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Shampoocat

Reviewed December 27, 2012

Love this guest house! Yoko, our host, was extremely friendly and always helpful. She is always trying to make our stay there even better than it already is.

Room - The room is extremely clean and spacious. There wasn't any aircondition in ours but the fan was more than sufficient. The only time we had issues was when it was a huge thunderstorm and all the insects flock into our room. Thankfully we were able to seek refuge under the huge bed canopy netting.

Breakfast - Yoko always prepared a great homecooked breakfast every morning. We had organized activities that started early (about 8am) and she had been so sweet to accommodate us and brought our breakfast early every morning.

Location - It is away from the bustling town of Ubud but yet not too far that you had to pay for transportation to do any activities. It only took us about 10 minutes to walk (we are pretty slow) from the guesthouse to the town where everything is happening.

Room Tip: If you have any trouble connecting to the free wifi, just head out to the balcony/ the front porch...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DaffyT55
Reviewed December 8, 2012

This place was truly amazing:
* The family who owns it is amazing: SUPER friendly and always helpful, they treat you almost as a part of the family. They made me feel very welcome.
* Perfect location: the bungalows are situated in a beautiful and quiet garden, but still just a 5 minute walk from Ubud's main street with many attractions and restaurants
* Amazing breakfast (served in the room) and good variety: always fresh fruit, fresh juice and coffee + omelet or pancakes. The banana pancakes were amazing and the fresh mango juice is the best I've ever had!!! On my last day I had to leave at 6.30 in the morning, and at 6AM they served me an amazing early breakfast (fruit, pancakes and the mango juice, as I told them it was my favourite!! So nice!)
* The bungalows are absolutely beautiful: I had a whole villa all for myself for a discount price!! It even had a seperate kitchen AND a huge balcony overlooking the forest. The bed was big enough for 4 people!! I felt like a queen!!!
* The bungalow was cleaned daily and also fresh towels were provided every day. And there was hot water and a good free Wifi connection in the room!

I recommended this place to all my family and friends as I had an amazing time there!! There is nothing negative I can think about (a pity there is no pool as Ubud of course has no beach, but for a homestay that's quite normal) and if you want to have a real Balinese experience: go there!!! Best place I've stayed in Bali and I went to many different places!!!! TOP CLASS!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Tinita28
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Very good bed and breakfast. Relativetly new, Nice spacious room, airconditioned and à fan. Big Veranda in à beautiful green garden. Super friendly and helpfull family, They Will help you Find you're way. Motorbike, bicycle, taxi All can be aranged. About à ten min walk to the center of ubud. Monkey forest close by and several daily coach tours can be booked at ubud tourist information center.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Aleid K
Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

Yoko and Made are a wonderful hosts and we couldn't be happier in Ubud. Made gave us a class of history about the city, culture, religion and we were happy to see how proud he is about this community. Our room was very spacious and bed was comfortable as well. In front of a well maintain garden, our varanda was the best part, specially with the everyday complimentary breathtaking breakfast that Yoko would bring us. She was very sweet and always ready to help us out. Internet wasn't the best but, everything else made up for it. Great place to stay! We loved!

• Stayed: September 2012
3  Thank marciadefoe
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Big, clean and confortable double room with terrace. Nice and kind staff. Good breakfast with omelette, toast and jam, fruit salad and balinese coffee. The city center is not too far, fifteen minutes walk.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Marcoeve
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Two girls who have both traveled the world for 1 year + and this was probably both of our favourite place to say so far! Don't let the name put you off! The gardens are beautiful, it feels secluded but is within easy access of town, breakfast was delicious and the family who run it are just lovely!

• Stayed: July 2012