“Would plan a day in Ubud just so I can eat here again!”
Review of Tropical Bale - CLOSED

Tropical Bale
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 12, 2012

We have been to this restaurant four times, on two separate trips. The first time we were so impressed with dinner that we returned for lunch the next day! We have tried many restaurants in Ubud, including many of the famous ones. But, if I had one one meal in Ubud, this is where I'd go! This is my husband's favorite too, so no argument there!

Tropical Bale has Asian/French fusion food. Everything we tried on their menu was wonderful! Their multi-course menu is a real bargain! The one favorite on their menu is the dessert trio that has the chocolate soufflé! Their food is presented beautifully, and their prices are surprisingly low! If this restaurant was in Canada or the USA, you would pay three times the price for this kind of quality!

Tip: This restaurant is located just across the street from the Neka Art Museum, so it's ideal to dine there before or after a trip to see the museum.

1  Thank Sndra88

Reviewed October 30, 2011

I think it was about 300K Rps for the seafood platter for two - pretty good value and the food was pretty good. Seems to be their winning formula since most tables seemed to be having the same. Margarita was not good - very sour. Overall just a bit too touristy for me.

2  Thank shortrib
Reviewed September 24, 2011

Just had lunch AND dinner at Tropical Bale as went there in June this year and loved it. Still great food - great service. Yes lunch menu is not as good as dinner, this is why we went back for dinner so my husband could have the full experience. Dessert was a stand out this time, Orange Parfait and Warm Chocolate Strudel was AMAZING!!! We were greeted to a gift of glassware as they are closing down soon. I also bought quite a bit of the other glassware as they are having a big sale on that too...Again no one in the restaurant, so we had 7 staff members there just for us!! It was quite special once again...

1  Thank jimjespur
Reviewed September 19, 2011

Came here for lunch with friends and our Bali driver, Nyoman. The staff led us to the table closest to the rice paddy field. For the beautifully decorated restaurant and the location, the price of food was incredibly inexpensive. The warm buttery rolls they brought out was absolutely divine...so look away if you are counting carbs! I ordered the prawn fried rice...$8!!! It came with chicken sate (satay) and some yummy curry-filled magic pouch...my tummy was happy. MANGO JUICE was so good...the best I've had!!!!!!!!

The staff was very pleasant and service was impeccable. I really wanted to try the ribs at Naughty Nuri's Warung nearby but not having to wait for your food on a hot, humid day sure was a blessing!

Reviewed August 16, 2011

We where there last week and can only say YUM.The food and service was fantastic served on beautiful glass platters, we watched the fire flies outside and one flew into the restaurant, they say that is good lucky ?, as others have already said it is hard to understand why the place is not jam packed, a great evening, will return on our next trip to Ubud

1  Thank caycad