The Villa Awang Awang was everything that I imagined it would be, and more... Sometimes photos on a website can be misleading however in this case the photographs, as lovely as they are, are not able to do the property justice. To me it is what I imagine a Balinese Palace to be like... It is simply a wonderful place to be, high up in the hills overlooking the gorge with the river below, no hustle or bustle. My only regret is that we were unable to stay longer. Treat yourself and stay a minimum 4 days and relax, get to know the area, the local people. The staff are so accommodating, and Qwek the manager/head staff member is quite possibly the most beautiful soul I have ever met. The pool was lovely, the views spectacular, the service fantastic. Qwek guided us to the river below and we spent a beautiful time swimming upstream to a lovely waterfall, the walk there and back was not easy but is was certainly worth the effort. Monkeys and squirrels and other wildlife were seen, if watchful, in the trees below.
Our girls did not want to leave and tears rolled down their faces as we rolled out of the villa and headed on to our next destination. It would my ideal place to be if I were to retire.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nurture body and soul in a luxury villa.A choice of 1 , 2 ,4 or 5 bedroomed villas Situated ten minutes drive from Ubud, the cultural centre of Bali, overlooking the sacred Petanu River and lush tropical jungle. It is designed according to ancient traditions. 14 Staff include a masseuse, chef, and driver. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotwire, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Villa Awang Awang reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Awang Awang Hotel Ubud
- Villa Awang Awang Ubud, Bali