“TOO AMAZING FOR WORDS!”
Review of Villa Awang Awang

Villa Awang Awang
Ranked #76 of 199 Hotels in Ubud
Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

We stayed 2 incredible nights in the smallest of the three villas at awangawang, in the eco-hut Villa Perepan. I really was blown away by the wonder of this place and I believe I could just stay there to live! The design itself amazes and all the finishings, bathroom included make you feel like you are in some luxurious jungle abode. It is deluxe but the nature around you keeps you grounded. The plunge pool is a treat and the staff treat you like royalty.
I really hope to return to this place I call heaven on earth!

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank JasmineTales

Reviewed October 5, 2012

The perfect way to see Bali at its traditional best. The Villa's location nestled on the Ubud hillside is nothing short of spectacular and the open style villa lends itself to make the most of this unique experience. My family of 6 stayed and slept comfortably in the 5 bedroomed villa and utilized the open spaces as well as the hillside pool. Privacy is no issue even with outside showers. Staff are available if needed but also will leave you in peace to relax. The availability of a driver at any time for the 5 minute trip to Ubud for supplies or shopping is a real bonus and they also drop you off for dinner and collect you when finished - perfect. Staff knowledge and contacts enabled us to pursue well priced activities such as white water rafting / bicycle tour / paddy field walks - all you need to do is ask !
In short - the perfect place to relax and enjoy the real Bali.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank andrew d
Reviewed September 8, 2012

I brought a group of 7 people and stayed at the Villa Awang Awang. It was beyond beautiful and really felt like home. I love the beautiful scenery, the location and proximity to town and of course the accommodations were beyond gorgeous! Out of all those things the thing I'm most grateful for and will never forget was the service and the staff. I've been to Bali a few times and have stayed at many places. I have never had the love and service that this staff provides. I would recommend this place to anyone and will absolutely come back.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 3, 2012

This was our second time to Awang-awang. When we decided to return to Bali we didn't even consider staying anywhere else. Awang-awang was so beautifully situated -- in a traditional village which welcomed visitors -- yet only 5 miles from Ubud and the folks who work there so wonderful (we long ago stopped thinking of them as "staff"), that it was like seeing long lost friends when we returned 3 years later.

Awang awang combines a luxurious setting with tradition. You can get away from the hustle and bustle of the rest of the world, but you can still walk out of the villa and talk with villagers, walk in the rice fields, and participate in village activities. Most of the folks who work in the villa live in the village: it was a joy to meet, learn, and connect with them. Awang awang isn't just a beautiful villa: its an entree into a village.

Can't wait to return...

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 24, 2012

How to spend 7 days and nights with 9 close friends (or 14 if you should so wish)?.
Simply walk through the front entrance to a space between heaven and earth called Villa AwangAwang and leave the hustle and bustle of the rest of the world behind you.
You will be blessed with luxurious surroundings, wonderful attentive and friendly staff, delicious food and THAT VIEW!.....
Be lulled to sleep after a day of doing as little or as much as you want to by the sounds of nature-
the river far below, the gentle croaking of frogs and the "chat-chat" of the ever present geckoes...
I cannot reccomend this little slice of heaven too highly.

Room Tip: Any of the 5 doubles in the main villa,both of the 2 doubles in the smaller villa....... .....but i...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 12, 2012

My family of 6 stayed at Villa Awang Awang for 6 nights in July school holidays 2012. We could not have been happier with the villa and the team there employed to make our stay memorable. 5 bedrooms meant each kid had their own space. An infinity pool and view over a spectacular green valley literally was like heaven on earth. The meals were delicious and catered for one child with severe food allergies. There was a car available to take us anywhere we wanted for the day or just into the shops and restaurants of Ubud centre. A massage at night to ensure sweet dreams. We were taken on an early morning walk, saw locals at work and play, and my kids taken on a scooter ride with the villa manager. We could not have asked for more and would highly recommend for a couple or group or family.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ian M
Reviewed August 4, 2012

My fiance and I stayed at Villa Beji for two nights in early August and absolutely loved our accomodation. The villa is two stories with two beautiful bedrooms and a porch - plenty of room for to have a nice vacation. The view is amazing - endless greenery and you can even hear the river roaring from below. The best feature is the infinity edge pool! The staff certainly greeted us with warmth and hospitality. They cook breakfast in your villa and dinner upon request. The food was the best Indonesian meal I have had in Bali.

Though my fiance and I, (late 20's), had left in the week to visit Seminyak to meet up with friends, we still talk about Ubud and it's magical villa. I would definately stay here again without a doubt. We actually prefer Ubud thanks to Awang Awang!

Do try the silver smith course in Ubud not too far away and be sure to take a tour to the water temple.

Room Tip: Bigger groups should look into the Awang Awang villa. It has five bedrooms and a gorgeous pool! Two...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple