This was our second time to Awang-awang. When we decided to return to Bali we didn't even consider staying anywhere else. Awang-awang was so beautifully situated -- in a traditional village which welcomed visitors -- yet only 5 miles from Ubud and the folks who work there so wonderful (we long ago stopped thinking of them as "staff"), that it was like seeing long lost friends when we returned 3 years later.
Awang awang combines a luxurious setting with tradition. You can get away from the hustle and bustle of the rest of the world, but you can still walk out of the villa and talk with villagers, walk in the rice fields, and participate in village activities. Most of the folks who work in the villa live in the village: it was a joy to meet, learn, and connect with them. Awang awang isn't just a beautiful villa: its an entree into a village.
Can't wait to return...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nurture body and soul in a luxury villa.A choice of 1 , 2 ,4 or 5 bedroomed villas Situated ten minutes drive from Ubud, the cultural centre of Bali, overlooking the sacred Petanu River and lush tropical jungle. It is designed according to ancient traditions. 14 Staff include a masseuse, chef, and driver. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Villa Awang Awang reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Awang Awang Hotel Ubud
- Villa Awang Awang Ubud, Bali