The checkin was probably the most pleasant of my experience at Dewa. The Pool and surroundings are quite pretty, but the staff constantly inquires about your plans while trying to sell you something to do in the area. I generally want to ask for something, not have it shoved in my face 5 times in 10 minutes. I found a small number of bedbugs in the room as well. The roosters are quite close to the bungalows, so expect a very early rise from the constant noise.
Much of the problems can be easily fixed by changing the bedding and using clean sheets (preferrably a top and bottom sheet), but the biggest issue requires a change in personality of the staff. Curiosity and helpfulness are wonderful and part of what makes Bali such an amazing place, but within the confines of a place to stay, I expect peace, not haggling.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dewa bungalows is hotel that located just ten minutes walk to monkey forest fire or ten minutes walk to ubud center. Besides hotels , the owner is an artist family,painters and musician as well as the gamelan maker. We also support a foundation ( Panca Datu Foundation) that always keep and preserve the art and culture of Bali. So if you stay at our place, Means that contribute to keep our culture ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your Dewa Bungalows reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dewa Bungalows Hotel Ubud
- Dewa Bungalows Ubud, Bali