“You don't need to be fit”

Jegeg Bali Cycling Tours
Ranked #4 of 210 Outdoor Activities in Ubud
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Wow, great trip downhill most of the way. Family owned and operated with a number of special touches as well. Tour ended at the family compound for an outstanding meal, the best I have had in Bali in my three weeks here. Support a locally run operation and your reward will be a great day trip.

All reviews
in 37 reviews
"traditional lunch"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed February 17, 2013

This trip was extremely safe. One guide at the front and one at the back plus someone stopping traffic at a couple of intersections. Good quality bikes and helmets were provided and fitted for each person. The ride is mostly downhill with about three or four ascents. Definitely a great way to see the villages and rice fields and learn about Bali tradItions and life. The tour ends with an excellent lunch at the family compound, mainly vegetarian with a couple of chicken and seafood choices. By far the best inclusive lunch we have had on any tour in Asia. We were picked up and dropped off at our hotel in Sanur at no extra charge so you don't have to be in Ubud to take part. They are not advertised in the hotels so they don't have to pay any commission. We would do the same trip again when we return.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

One of the highlights of my trip! They picked us up at our hotel and we made our way to a plantation where we saw a diverse selection of tropical fruits being grown (you might call it a "large garden"). This is also where I was able to sample the infamous Coffee Luwak (coffee beans that have traveled through the GI tract of a civet and then poo'd out and roasted for our drinking pleasure. lol!)! Next we made our way to the beginning of our cycling route. We were all provide with a helmet and a bicycle that all seemed to be in good condition (my husband and I had no complaints with our equipment). The journey began and I THOROUGHLY enjoyed biking through these rural parts of Bali. We passed so many lush and beautiful rice patties, small villages with the locals walking around and small children running out to greet us (they were so adorable and all waved and said "hello" to us). One thing I would do differently on my next cycling tour is to bring a small pack filled with treats, school supplies, small toys, or anything thats light-weight and from abroad to hand out to all of these kids! They would have loved it.
For the most part, we biked through tons of awesome views, but the tour guide did stop to let us take pictures several times and he gave us some 'education' on what we were looking at. the Jegeg Cycling Tours is run by a family and our tour guide was extremely friendly and spoke very good english. At the end of the cycling tour we were taken to the families home to eat a meal. they were very friendly.

Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Our family had a great experience with Jegeg Bike Tours. We have three children aged 8, 14 & 16. The tour guides were extremely accommodating & helpful with our youngest child who needed to rest for a while. They had a car that followed us and this enabled our daughter to take a break due to bad weather. Highlights were: great views of Kintamani, visiting the coffee plantation, seeing rural Bali, visiting the rice fields, visiting a Balinese school & interacting with some of the children who squealed with delight at our presence, and to top the day off, having lunch at our guide's home and experiencing a traditional Balinese meal. We will all remember Noyman's hospitality for a long time. Our guide was extremely informative & the service was efficient and friendly. We highly recommend this bike tour as a different, fun and educational way to see Bali. Tammy & Paul

See more reviews
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Having read quite a few of the reviews, I settled on this company because of the fact that it promised to take one off the touristy routes. I last cycled as a teenager but you really don't lose the knack and in the end was out there up front.
The guides run a safe and fun operation with an escort bringing up the rear at all times.
We visited beautiful paddy fiels, took part in the rice threshing....or should that read thrashing, learnt about coffee and ended the day at the family home for a typical meal.
The best part was cycling down roads through villages and greeting the school children and locals walking on the side of the road...felt more like the real Bali.
I would certainly recommend this and I am 50 years old...