“Great massage, lovely venue, will always go back when in Ubud..”
Review of Spa Hati

Spa Hati
Ranked #69 of 201 Spas & Wellness in Ubud
More attraction details
Owner description: Spa Hati providing authentic balinese spa, massage treatmentand traditional therapy packages located in Ubud, a peaceful natural surroundings. Supporting the Balinese community since 1999
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great massage, lovely venue, will always go back when in Ubud..”
Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

The massage was delicious, and the place was lovely..towels are clean and massage table was too. Real value for money. Steam room wasn't too hot, but am sure if i flag them next time, they'll make an effort. I will always go back to spa hati when in Ubud. And it's for a good cause, too!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
“Bliss and value!”
Reviewed August 10, 2012

We indulged in some spa treatments here on a couple of days while in Ubud. Beautiful and relaxing in a style the Balinese o so well. The therapists are professional, the setting next to rice paddies is serene, the prices are fantastic too. I compared options at other spas in Ubud, but many were expensive resort rates and I'm sure would not have been much better. What's more, visiting Spa Hati which is a not for profit business, supports education and health programs in Bali.

Perth, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Beautifully laid put”
Reviewed May 26, 2012

What a lovely spa. With the entrance Being so close to the road, you would expect to hear traffic noise, however the main spa area is set back and quite tranquil. We were unlucky enough to have a nearby rice paddy worker using his tractor which detracted from the overall ambience, however the massage was well worth it.

Visited May 2012
London, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Pretty decent. I'd go back.”
Reviewed March 15, 2012 via mobile

Knowing it was a non profit place made me hesitant at first but the reviews were good so I went ahead with it. The prices are good and the massage was above average. I had wanted the outdoor room but I felt the none they had might be a bit hot since we went for a 2pm appointment. Also the view of their outdoor room isn't the field in their profile picture but rather that's the view of the rice field adjacent to the place which you can't see when you're getting a massage.

My only complaint is that I got put in a room at the very end of the place possibly near the staff area and they were outside congregating and talking loudly which sort of killed the experience during the last 10 minutes (that's when I heard the chatter).

The changing rooms are decent and so was the jacuzzi.

1 Thank thesmalltalker
Hong Kong, China
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“A true "Feel Good" spa ... giving back to the community!”
Reviewed January 3, 2012

I went to Spa Hati on new year's eve with my boyfriend and two other friends. Three of us (including myself) got the 1.5hr Blissful Dream treatment and my fourth friend got Rapture treatment (massage + scrub). At INR270,000, I didn't have high expectations, but it was definitely one of the quickest 1.5hours of my life!

As other reviewers have already mentioned, Spa Hati is actually the fund-generating arm of the non-profit Bali Hati Foundation (which is aimed at promoting education for both kids & adults in the Balinese community). So, treatments are not expensive and the spa is accordingly not lavish (compared to upscale resort spas), but I found the rooms very clean and totally comfortable, the therapists knowledgeable, and the location extremely serene. Treatment rooms are in various villas set amongst chinese-style ponds with lilies and fish, and the spa is neighboured by a beautiful rice paddy.

I saw a jacuzzi + pool there, but we didn't put it to use.

Aside from coming out feeling great, the best part was knowing that our money would be (well, should be) put back towards programs for the community.

Visited December 2011