“Hidden Gem Of Ubud”
Review of Sugars Villas

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Sugars Villas
Ranked #181 of 597 Specialty Lodging in Ubud
Reviewed December 29, 2011

3 Gals and no husbands, decided to take a trip to Bali, a dive master at Wakatobi recommended Sugar Villas to us, so when we arrived in Ubud we located the place and lucky us, they had a villa open we could share. We agreed on a price and left our stuff to go eat dinner, they added a twin size bed and put our bags away. When we came back, everything was ready for us to relax and enjoy our selves. They have a great pool, restaurant and bar. Very cozy and as close to nature as you can get, right on a rice field and in the am water birds and song birds were singing out side our villa. Wonderful!!!

Breakfast was included, and it was so big we did not need lunch. We had such a good time here and you will too. They treated us like royalty and you could not beat the price for lodging, food and drinks. We felt completely safe here, what a lucky find!

Room Tip: each villa is great
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 4, 2011

Sugars Villas was hands down our favorite place in Bali...in fact it is the best place we have ever stayed, period. My husband and I spent 4 nights at Sugars and we were truly sad to leave. It really hits everything: absolutely amazing staff, beautiful environment, and large, clean rooms. Nothing was too much for Nyoman. His goal is for his guests to become family, and that is just how we felt. He brought us made-to-order breakfast on our porch, arranged for transportation, had our clothing washed, and never hesitated with any request. I have never felt so genuinely welcome. There are only 3 rooms and they are private and large, with big open bathrooms. The porch/terrace spans the front of the room and has a table, chairs, and two lounges overlooking rice fields. It is something out of a magazine. Sugars in itself is a magical place, but Nyoman puts it over the top.

3  Thank LSM2107
Reviewed August 26, 2011

This was our second visit in three years to Sugars and this time we were smart enough to book for 2 weeks although we think we really should book next time for 2 months.  Nyoman should be running hospitality courses because he is a superstar in showing how to make guests welcome and ensure that their every request is met!
Mmm Nyoman I have a broken tooth...no worry I will take you to the dentist.....Nyoman ....where can I have some washing done? Just give it to me.....Nyoman could we hire a motorbike....next morning their it is parked and ready for us.
During our first week four friends joined us....Nyoman noticed from one of their passports that it was his birthday....so Nyoman organized a surprise birthday dinner!  All Nyoman's staff (Nyoman, Apel, Made, Budi & Ketut) are friendly, helpful and always smiling.  Breakfast served on our balcony over looking the rice paddies is the most gorgeous way to start your day.  Thank you for a truly memorable holiday we are already planning our return xox
Neil & Di

4  Thank ZipEchucaAUS
Reviewed August 9, 2011

I'm a 33 year old unemotional guy, I've spent over 10 years travelling and consider myself quite fair with reviews and not too over dramatic...but Sugars is such an amazing place and the staff are so genuine and kind it almost brought me to tears when I had to leave.
We were greeted by the owner (Nyoman) upon arrival and he immediately told us his aim was to treat us like family and try to make this the best experience he could....this was achieved EASILLY!
Any questions/information/problems you needed sorting out Nyoman and the other staff were there immediately. Ranging from best places for money transfers, trips to attractions, lifts to/from restaurants... even organising a game of badminton for me at the sports centre with some local guys/family.
The rooms were spotless and terrace/balcony outside the room was large and had everything you needed - beds, table for breakfast (delivered every morning) and incense burners for bug prevention (never saw 1 mosquito anywhere near the room!).
The pool is large and always clean, the food is all freshly prepared, excellently priced and absolutely fantastic.
But the views from the rooms.....these are something special!!! Straight out onto the dozens of rice fields, palm and banana trees. I never thought I'd appreciate stuff like that but it really is breathtaking.
All the staff are close friends/ family..including the dogs Max and Sugar, and they welcome you into their Villa and try to make you feel like part of it. Worries about safety/theft is simply not an issue and if you were lucky enough to ever visit Sugars I'm sure you would leave with the same heart warming memories that I have about the place and it's family.
On a personal note as I'm sure you'll read this Nyoman, thank you so much for welcoming myself and Eli to your home, meeting your family and going out of your way to make the trip special every day - with the same fantastic smile and enthusiasm. You, both Ketuts, Apel and the other guys really are special. And I truly hope I get bak to visit my Bali home again one day ;) THANK YOU!

Room Tip: Any questions/queries just ask! Nyoman will try his best to make everything just right
3  Thank Danny-Eli
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Take notice of all the other positive reviews, they're right. It was a joy and a delight staying at Sugars with Nyoman and his team the perfect hosts -
nothing is a problem. The best compliment we can give is that we will most definitely go back.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank thisisalison
Reviewed July 28, 2011

This is a lovely owner run set of three villas just outside of Ubud city area. These are newer construction and very nicely built. This small resort is very quiet and has a lovely pool, small bar/eating area. Everything was clean and neat! Our villa's patio overlooked a koi pond and rice fields. The room came with a king size bed and we had a twin mattress added for the third person. There was a large bathroom with a tub and a separate shower that had an open sky area. Large closet included a safe for passports and small valuables. Breakfast was included (eggs, fruit, toast, fresh squeezed juice and coffee) and served on your private covered patio. Patio had a small table and two full sized, cushioned loungers. We also had a light dinner here one evening , the owner cooks the meals himself, all food was fresh and delicious. I wish we had stayed here our entire time in Bali, but the villa was only available for two nights. This place would be lovely for a romantic getaway!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 25, 2011

Sugars Villa made a excellent start of our (first) trip to Bali. The reception was genuine and friendly. We've felt very welcome. Sugars Villa is more a luxurious homestay then a resort. Priority goes to a personal approach above (useless) things you normally find in fancy boutique hotels.
It is quite far from Ubud centre - but for us, this was a major plus. You're in the middle of ricefields and village live. Transportation to Ubud and nearby sights is easily arranged via Sugars.
Our kids loved Sugars and Max - the two resident dogs. For them Sugars was first on their favourite hotel-list.

Nyoman is a fantastic person to meet - open minded and easy going. We miss your company ! And thank you very much for the very nice Birthday Party for Kathleen.
Hope to see you back !

Room Tip: every room is great
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family