“Fantastic food and standout service!”
Review of Minami

Minami
Ranked #261 of 753 Restaurants in Ubud
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Open 11:30-24:00 (LO 23:00)
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic food and standout service!”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Having yet to try Japanese in Ubud, we stumbled upon this place by accident and what a delightful surprise! The food was amazing, taste and presentation. Waitstaff are extremely attentive and the dining experience was one to remember. Would highly recommend to all if you would like to try authentic Japanese food whilst in Bali. Note: price is on the high end but well worth the cost,

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank AmieStella123

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Delicious Japanese food and outstanding service”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

We went to Minami last night for dinner with friends. I know Bali has some quality Japanese restaurants and I have visited quite a few but Minami must be one of the best I have been to. But at the same time it is also pricier than many of the other restaurants.

The setting is contempory and beautiful, the staff is very helpful and accommodating and the food was simply delicious.

I opted for the 280k set menu and apart from the squid which was somehow very soft but still chewy, all the dishes were created to perfection. We are unfortunately leaving Ubud tomorrow but we will be back for our next visit!

• Visited October 2012
new norcia Australia
“Excellent flavours”
Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed our visit to Minami. The staff were friendly and the setting lovely and quiet. The service was rather slow but the food was superb. The Californian rolls were outstanding and the crackling tempura prawns were the highlight. We enjoyed the complimentary amuse bouche and free water. The tuberoses on the table were a little overpowering clashing with the aroma of the food. The house wine was acceptable by the glass and the wine list was the usual Bali prices. We enjoyed some Japanese food in Ubud very much.

Singapore, Singapore
“This is not authentic Japanese Food!”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I came here in April 2012, and the food was so terrible that i had to write a review!

Sashimi - warm and obviously not sliced by a trained Japanese chef, I have never seen salmon sliced so thinly, cross section. It is not "the freshest sashimi" as quoted. Very limited selection when i visited. When i went on to ask for different kind of fish, they told me to order a salad instead, saying there's some raw fish in it, that would satisfy my requirements. ????!

Tempura - the prawn tempura has rice pops stuck onto them, i was directed to place some grated daikon in a bowl of warm water (supposedly to be sauce), very tasteless.

Sushi - like i say, this is not done by trained jap chef, a conveyor belt sushi taste better.

Sake - you have only one sake? No brand? Very rough tasting. I will not even use this for cooking.

My wife ordered your IDR280k set. I saw her throwing away most of the food.

i would advise people that are used to traditional high quality Japanese food by highly skilled Japanese Chefs to stay away to avoid utter disappointment.

• Visited April 2012
Angeles City, Philippines
“Simply delicious!”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I apologize for having missed the first 4 years since your opening, but from now on I will never forget to come inside again to try your lovely dishes! We actually wanted to try a few new places around UMA where we normally stay (Heaven is a Place on Earth called UMA UBUD - a COMO resort) so we passed Minami. I had read already some nice reviews of this restaurant so we decided to try it! Wow what a nice surprise! We sat outside in a nice but simple garden setting, great atmosphere. the food came in very very nice presentations, good portions, reasonably priced, Minami, you did a great job in making our evening a good one! Loved every dish we had and we will certainly come back very soon.