“words cannot describe...but i'll try!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
ONEWORLD retreats Kumara
Ranked #10 of 584 Specialty Lodging in Ubud
Reviewed December 17, 2010

I did the "escape the world" retreat,i had read reviews before i left but didnt want to have too many expectations going into it.......well it matched all the reviews i had read and far out weighed any expectations that i had..Firstly the location is beautiful and lush, the rooms are great a little rustic but fine.The attention to detail throughout the stay is so well done, down to being collected for spa treatments and never running into any other guests....very discreet, all the staff know your name and are so friendly. I could go on and on about my stay and the experiences but you should just know its a very special place run by wonderful people....

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for ONEWORLD retreats Kumara

Reviewed November 15, 2010

I stumbled upon this retreat through google when I was looking for a yoga retreat in October. I knew nothing about Bali before I arrived and the retreat was as much an introduction to its beautiful culture as a yoga experience. Every detail of the week was looked after to the highest standard, from the driver picking me up at the airport to a schedule that allowed for relaxation, introspection, sightseeing and a real step up in my yoga practice. We learned about the culture throughout the week by visiting important places to the Balinese and participating firsthand in beautiful rituals. The size of the group seemed just perfect to get to know everyone and have a wonderful experience together. The hotel itself was beautiful, my room had a huge balcony with a relaxing view of rice terraces and palm trees and really comfortable bed where I slept blissfully after challenging yoga and relaxing massages.
All of our meals were outstanding, healthy and delicious. And the staff were simply amazing, always smiling and going out of their way to help. Thank you Iyan and Claude for creating this wonderful way to "Escape the World." I hope I get to come back again.

1  Thank Valigator_UK
Reviewed November 14, 2010

I did the Escape the World retreat here, from searching on Google to reviewing the website, reading reviews on TA - I just had a feeling this was the place to be at.
The reservation was managed easily, even got a benefit of booking and paying a small deposit early, all arrangements were honored and met.
The resort itself is outstandingly beautiful, lots of steps, down the steep hillside, only 2 k from Ubud itself but very peaceful.
My room was wonderful, from the deck were I spent a lot of time, to the large comfortable bed, to the stone bath for two and the outdoor shower.
The yoga and meditation was incredible, I was not a regular yoga practicioner, but found this leaders and his staff to be supportive and helpful. I now practice meditation and yoga on a daily basis and can only rave about the benefits I am already experiencing.
The food was healthy and delicious, if healthy food can taste like this - I am eating it every day .
The spa treatments were incredible, every staff member I came into contact was outstanding and delightful.
I cannot recommend this experience more highly, I am already planning when I can return and do another awesome retreat.......

2  Thank our001
Reviewed November 6, 2010

Just completed the 'Escape the World' Retreat at this amazing place. Went there on recommendation from a friend. Bit worried when I was shown to my room (with lots of stairs- wouldn't suit someone with disabilities) and my room smelt like mould. Being the fussy customer that I usually am, requested de-humidifier and aromatherapy burner and I must say all the other wonderful aspects of this place soon enchanted me so I soon forgot about it. There are just 2 rooms which suffer from this odour ( Rms 7 & 10 I believe) and when you are in the tropics it's inevitable I guess. Every aspect of the retreat was impeccably planned and beautifully offered. The food was gourmet and healthy - a combination you don't always get. Our small group (13 in total) were guided through a magic week which included the perfect balance of yoga, meditation and outings. Even though I'm a total beginner at yoga I never felt intimidated amongst a class with varying experience and skill levels. Iyan was superb in assisting everyone and setting a supportive atmosphere. Claude and Iyan have taken great care and effort in making the place special and it shows. Staff were fantastic. Highlights were: our day of silence, the sunrise visit to the volcano followed by a magic 3 hour downhill bike ride back to Ubud and my extraordinary Ayurvedic 2.5 hr massage. I hired a bicycle from down the road for the week and used it to zip into Ubud (1km) during our free time when I felt like it. All in all a fantastic place to unwind and pamper yourself away from the noise and chaos of central Ubud. Would thoroughly recommend this place - already have and family have booked to go there also. I'll be going back. (P.S. we had guys in our group who loved it so dont think its only for gals.)

1  Thank anniemmPerthWA
Reviewed October 10, 2010

My mother and i decided to take a retreat holiday that catered to yoga, meditation and wholesome rejuvenation. i did a fair bit of research and opted to visit the magical Bali and chose the One World retreat at Kumara Shakti.

I can truly say in retrospect, that this was one of the best things i have done for myself and my mother, and our vacation was second to none that we have ever been on!

Kumara Sakti is a mystical place, it transforms one into a parallel universe, one much much more beautiful than ours. It was a real escape, and every moment of it will be cherished forever. The best spa treatments, the most comfortable and cosy accommodation, very productive yoga and meditation experiences and above all the personal care and pampering of their exceptional staff made this retreat heavenly!

This was the best way to reconnect with your soul, meet some amazing people and witness the magic of Bali!

Thanks Iyan, Iyan , Claude and all the staff for taking such good care of us and giving us a life changing experience! We hope to come back again someday!

• Stayed: September 2010
Reviewed October 7, 2010

Escape The World Yoga and Meditational Retreat. A package loaded with special treats. If you are interested in Yoga and the Real Bali Iyan and Claude will show you it! I cannot recommend Kumara Sakti highly enough. A 100% satisfied customer.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank pihagall
Reviewed October 6, 2010

Attending this retreat proved to be one of the best weeks of my life. Moss covered stone paths throughout the property lead you to uniquely designed terraced rooms, two gorgeous pools, the spa, and a treetop yoga pavilion overlooking the jungle. The staff are like little angels, adding magical little touches here and there all week long. The spa treatments are extremely professional and take you to another realm all together, with things like turmeric scrubs and flower petal baths. The food is healthy gourmet and sublime. Iyan, Claude, Wayan, and the rest of the team make this one of those experiences you will never forget....an outstanding week of rejuvenation for the mind, body and soul!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo