“Beyond expectations”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
ONEWORLD retreats Kumara
Ranked #7 of 542 Specialty Lodging in Ubud
Sydney, Australia
“Beyond expectations”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

A beautiful,peaceful shangra-la, fantastic spa treatments, life-changing yoga, a room from a palace, fresh flowers, incense, everything taken care of, safety and peace, sublime food, extraordinary, fascinating adventures,wonderful guests and hosts - beyond my expectations. I highly recommend this amazing resort in Bali.

Room Tip: All the rooms are exceptional
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Jann D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Heidelberg, Germany
Reviewed November 27, 2013

a wonderful place owned and managed by wonderful people. From booking to departure everyone was very helpful and everything was perfectly organized - being an event manager myself I had a critical view - and there was NOTHING to complain, everyone did a wonedrful job. I had amazing food, slept like a little baby and the yoga area and spa are just wonderful places to relax. Just a walking distance from buzzy downtown Ubud (10 min. maximum). Free fruits and water available all day and there is nothing that staff wouldn't try to fix for you - an amazing spot to be. The Yoga and meditation sessions were great and gave a great insight not only in the philosophy of both, but also very interesting insights in the culture of Bali.

Room Tip: Stayed in room no. 5 and had a fabulous view to the rice fields - actually all rooms are great with...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Evanston, Illinois
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Had no idea what this retreat would bring to my life, traveling across the world from the US.
The grounds were amazing, beautiful, lush and always smelled like flowers. Just sitting on the porch of the bungalows brought happiness and tranquility. The yoga was life changing, Iyan and Wayan are outstanding yoga instructors and exceptional individuals. The food very healthy and so delicious! The staff was kind and attentive and always had a sincere smile on their face, it was evident they were happy to be working there as much as the guest were happy to be there.
I have been home about 3 weeks now and the glow on my face and the warm feeling from being at Kumara has not left me, so many people notice the difference. I would return every year if possible

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed October 29, 2013

The Escape the World Retreat was fabulous. The food amazing, healthy and delicious. I really liked how I could help myself to fresh fruit and a selection of teas and delicious coconut biscuits as often as I needed. The little touches like fresh flowers in the room and plenty of incense sticks to burn made it even more pleasant. The retreat was really well planned and the teachers Iyan and Wayan were terrific. The property is beautiful, lush and quiet. The massages were amazing! The rooms are large and attractive. Only downside for me was that the fan and air conditioning were quite noisy, the mattress mildewy and in need of change, musty smell in the room which cleared with the incense and with door open, however as there are no mosquito nets doors couldn't be left open overnight, which I would have preferred for fresh air. Also was disappointed about the large pool, cold and run down. However, it closed for renovation during my stay so perhaps they will be giving it the facelift it needs. The little gifts we received during the retreat were a thoughtful surprise. Overall really enjoyed this retreat.

Room Tip: Room 7, I found the air conditioning and fans to be quite noisy. The room was a bit musty and the ma...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Wendyjoy70
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I found Kumara Sutra on tripadvisor and I can tell you we were not disappointed. We arrived late evening and we were welcomed by this beautifully lit property and friendly welcoming staff. We were hungry and tired. We didn't expect to still be able to get dinner so late but we were offered a fabulous meal. The next morning when we woke we were amazed at the beauty of the place. So peaceful and serene. All our stresses just melted away. Breakfast was brought to our room and we were able to enjoy the view while having our healthy breakfast. I would recommend this resort to anyone wanting to stay in Ubud. They are just a 15min walk from Ubud centre. Well located and very peaceful. Perfect place for a retreat. We had private yoga classes and if you love to meditate this is the place for it. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Micky M
Novato, California
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Love the way the bungalows are spaced far apart, and along footpaths down a hillside offering privacy. The views are picture postcard perfect. The staff is efficient and non-obtrusive. The food delicious. The yoga hall is delightful, and Wayan a masterful yoga teacher. The resort is located conveniently close to town with free shuttle service to town. I love this place!

Room Tip: Ask for a rice field view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Doculife
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Stunning setting, beautiful views, great rooms and fantastic, sometimes challening yoga with experienced teachers, all this mixed with Balinese culture, cycling, walking, talking, massages and superb eating. There was absolutely nothing that I didn't love about this retreat. It is also great for solo travellers as you will meet many other solo yogis from around the world. I especially enjoyed the silence that surrounds the whole resort. Whatever you are looking for, you're probably going to find it here.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo