“OneWorld retreats Kumara”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
ONEWORLD retreats Kumara
Ranked #6 of 542 Specialty Lodging in Ubud
Townsville, Australia
“OneWorld retreats Kumara”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

A yoga novice, the 6 day yoga retreat I enrolled in was more to keep a friend company than anything else. It was my first time to Bali and I had no idea what the 6 days would be like. We were meet at the airport and even though quite late in the evening I watched with interest as we drove through Denpasar and then onwards to Ubud. The driver was welcoming, helpful and very skilful as he navigated through the traffic and narrow roads. On arrival at the accommodation the reception staff member was efficient & welcoming. The retreat staff were all like this - helpful, courteous, always smiling.
My room was a lovely surprise, simple but elegant. Huge comfortable bed, large ensuite with the biggest bath I have seen. If you want simple comfort in a very private setting this is it. No bells and whistles though - no TV, no internet, no newspapers and intermittent mobile coverage. A private verandah with a lovely outlook. Perfect for me. I fell into bed and slept soundly. In fact I slept well every night.
Iyan and Wayan instructed 15 of us from all over the world. The yoga pavilion is huge and well appointed, once again with the same simple elegance. I am not very knowledgeable when it comes to yoga but to my mind it covered all the bases. I have incorporated what I learnt into my exercise routine of swimming, hiking and weights. It has not only assisted with my flexibility and core strength but made a huge impact on a chronic spinal condition as a result of an accident 13 years ago. Iyan and Wayan modified certain aspects of the programme to accommodate me.
In fact they skilfully managed an entry level novice like me together with a number of advanced practitioners & at no time did I feel out of place. I very much enjoyed the 3 cultural experiences offered as well, the 10th Century Hindu temple in particular. Initially I admired the architecture and atmosphere of the place and approached the visit in terms of "nice experience" but once I got into the first pool & progressed from carving to carving the "moment" swept me up. It was the best way to spend New Year ’s Eve. Everything on offer at the retreat I took up. This includes the day of silence, the candles, the incense and the company on offer. I very much enjoyed meal times, not just for the distinct food but the company of people from all over the world and from so many walks of life. There were some very different points of view and personalities. The food is not western and is in keeping with the holistic experience of the yoga retreat, lots of fruit and fresh, local produce. If shopping or more familiar food is required then it is either a very short, complimentary taxi ride to downtown Ubud or a 15 to 20 minute walk. I didn't eat out, party out or shop but some of the guests did. This said Ubud has some very nice looking restaurants and shops. It was 6 days well spent and I enjoyed the experience. Anna

Room Tip: I was in room 7. I liked this room better than the one my friend had. Just personal preference for l...
2 Thank Anna M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Goroka, Papua New Guinea
Reviewed January 21, 2013

The retreat center is idyllically situated within a lush tropical garden with stunning accommodation in private, well equipped bungalows; the food is excellent, the service friendly, the spa treatments fabulous; the yoga sessions suitable for all ages and levels; the program was well organised and varied, with lots of effort put into small details, which made the whole experience truly memorable. The whole team is thoroughly professional. I totally recommend the retreat center and the Escape the World retreat.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Caloundra
Reviewed January 19, 2013

The retreat (facilitated by Margo Field) far exceeded my expectations. Kumara Sakti was paradise. A very warm and beautiful place to stay. Unpretentious yet luxurious and very peaceful. The food was healthy and delicious, service exceptional - gentle and sincere. The villas were delightful, cool marble floors and lovely furnishings. Spectacular views across a tropical gully to rice paddies beyond. Waking to the sound of the monastic bell was really special. Good balance of meditation and yoga in the most beautiful open air pavilion. Was very privileged to partake in a Balinese ritual to bathe in the holy temple waters of Tirta Empul by moonlight, visit a Balinese Healer and attend a fire ceremony. I have enriched my daily life with Margo's teachings. Thank you so much.

Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

I had read all the positive reviews on trip advisor so I had high expectations. And they were still exceeded!!
I can not recommend one world kumara enough.
I went for a week Of relaxation and rejuvenation and both were achieved thanks to the team at one world.
The daily yoga with Wyan was perfect. His way of explaining the poses combined with meditation is wonderful.
The spa treatments all divine. I recommend their signature oil treatment- amazing!
Attention to detail with small things really make it special like providing paints and candles in your room. My room was wonderful - room 9- great view over the rice paddies.

Do the rice walk with Wyan if you are not there for a retreat. Also private yoga classes are available too.

Eating out in ubud is easy - one world drop u off and pick u up. Recommend fair warung, dayu's warung, melting pot and murni's warung for dinners.

Can't wait to go back again.

Thanks one world team!!

Amanda

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank VintageFlame
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed January 15, 2013

This was an experience hard to capture in any pictures - you have to see and live it first hand. Great place to spend time with yourself and rest and relax. The whole team were fabulous and Iayan made the experience all the more special. It really was an "escape from the world" and the extra efforts put into the details like providing water colours and daily positive affirmations in rooms was fantastic. A great place to go and remember how special you really are. Highly, highly recommend!

Room Tip: All rooms are fabulous with great views of the beautiful scenery.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 15, 2013

If you love yoga and clean food this Is the place to be! No dietary requirement was a problem and the food was fresh and some if the best I tried in Bali.
The team if hotel staff and yoga staff were very keen to meet induviduals needs and created a lovely place to relax and enjoy the gorgeous tropical surrounds. One world also offers side journeys to other parts of Bali which add to your Bali experience providing a nice edition to the retreat before it after if you have a few spare days, do it. Discover north Bali journey also offers yoga morning and evening at alternate beach and mountain locations, wonderful spa treatments and a trip out with a local fisherman on the Java sea at sunrise, highly recommend it.

• Stayed December 2012
Hong Kong
Reviewed January 9, 2013

This retreat exceeds my expectations in every way! The monastic villas are surrounded by a lush jungle, the rooms cozy and clean, the meals healthy AND heavenly, the massages professional, the itinerary a perfect balance between group activities and private time...

Love the Balinese rituals and ceremonies that we took part in. The fact that we did the last ritual on the supposedly "end of the the world" day made it extra special. The yoga sessions were perfect for beginners but I took advantage of the amazing yoga shala which faces the rice fields for self practice in my free time. Imagine the perfect backdrop for meditation -"real" bird songs, murmur of the brook, soft breezes...

The whole team of staff at the retreat are absolutely the best - friendly, helpful, sincere and genuine! They make the whole experience complete!