“A retreat to TREAT yourself”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
ONEWORLD retreats Kumara
Ranked #8 of 553 Specialty Lodging in Ubud
Hong Kong
“A retreat to TREAT yourself”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

This retreat exceeds my expectations in every way! The monastic villas are surrounded by a lush jungle, the rooms cozy and clean, the meals healthy AND heavenly, the massages professional, the itinerary a perfect balance between group activities and private time...

Love the Balinese rituals and ceremonies that we took part in. The fact that we did the last ritual on the supposedly "end of the the world" day made it extra special. The yoga sessions were perfect for beginners but I took advantage of the amazing yoga shala which faces the rice fields for self practice in my free time. Imagine the perfect backdrop for meditation -"real" bird songs, murmur of the brook, soft breezes...

The whole team of staff at the retreat are absolutely the best - friendly, helpful, sincere and genuine! They make the whole experience complete!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Melbourne Australia
Reviewed January 3, 2013

From the moment we arrived at the check in desk a lady said to us "you are going to love it here" and she was right, our room over looked lush tropical gardens, very private, no phone no TV, I could feel myself unwinding. The Balinese massages were wonderful, we lived in the dressing gowns provided. The next day we chose the walk through the paddy fields, beautiful! including a delicious organic lunch, lounging on cushions in an open covered restaurant surrounded by rice fields. Thank you so much to the lovely staff we loved every minute.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed January 3, 2013

This retreat was absolutely amazing. The team has thought of everything to make it more than you could ever expect. From thoughtfully planned and guided yoga sessions which are accessible to any ability level, comfortable villas, beautiful surroundings, incredible food and exotic balinese adventures, there is nothing more I could have wanted.
There are very few places in the world where I have been truly able to find myself and this is one of them. I'll be back for sure.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Washington, DC
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Loved, loved the place. Came here for a retreat led by Iyan, and it was lovely. The food was amazing and so beautifully presented. The spa treatments luxurious - rose petal bath, anyone? The activities were just the best, including the bike ride and the rice field walk, and as others have noted, Iyan made the yoga level appropriate, so you will not get bored even if you are an experienced practitioner. The place used to be a palace, so it is mystical and gorgeous. I did not warm up to Claude, but he has to be given credit for being s shrewd businessman (though in my opinion his appearances sort of destroyed the sweet, unearthly aura of the retreat).

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 23, 2012

The Six Senses Spiritual Awakening Retreat was an amazing experience. The facilitator Margo Field along with the staff at Oneworld Retreats provided the space for each of us to transform and discover who we are as individuals on this earth planet.
The yoga with Wayan was outstanding as were the cultural ceremonies we saw and participated in. Attending a Oneworld retreat is something everyone needs to do at least once in their life.

• Stayed December 2012
Madrid
Reviewed December 10, 2012

The week I spent at Kumara at Ubud, Bali was truly magical! From the minute I arrived, the whole experience appealed to all my senses. The rooms are beautiful and very comfortable. The view from the terrace is amazing...the sounds of the jungle and the vegetation, transport you and make you dream. The yoga retreat as amazing from every point of view. It has a great balance between activities to visit Bali and also to practice yoga. Iyan and Wayan are outstanding teachers. The treatments at the spa and the staff at Kumara also make you feel out of this world....Finally, the whole gastronomic experience was unique and unforgettable. I hope to go back soon!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed December 10, 2012

As soon as I saw that I could shower under the stars upon arrival, I knew I was somewhere special. Everything was exquisite. The yoga sessions (especially by the volcano), the food, the welcoming staff, the geckos, the rooms, spa treatments and lush environment. A beautiful way to unwind and nourish the body and the mind.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo