“Fantastic place”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
ONEWORLD retreats Kumara
Ranked #6 of 542 Specialty Lodging in Ubud
Washington, DC
“Fantastic place”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Loved, loved the place. Came here for a retreat led by Iyan, and it was lovely. The food was amazing and so beautifully presented. The spa treatments luxurious - rose petal bath, anyone? The activities were just the best, including the bike ride and the rice field walk, and as others have noted, Iyan made the yoga level appropriate, so you will not get bored even if you are an experienced practitioner. The place used to be a palace, so it is mystical and gorgeous. I did not warm up to Claude, but he has to be given credit for being s shrewd businessman (though in my opinion his appearances sort of destroyed the sweet, unearthly aura of the retreat).

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Reviewed December 23, 2012

The Six Senses Spiritual Awakening Retreat was an amazing experience. The facilitator Margo Field along with the staff at Oneworld Retreats provided the space for each of us to transform and discover who we are as individuals on this earth planet.
The yoga with Wayan was outstanding as were the cultural ceremonies we saw and participated in. Attending a Oneworld retreat is something everyone needs to do at least once in their life.

• Stayed December 2012
Madrid
Reviewed December 10, 2012

The week I spent at Kumara at Ubud, Bali was truly magical! From the minute I arrived, the whole experience appealed to all my senses. The rooms are beautiful and very comfortable. The view from the terrace is amazing...the sounds of the jungle and the vegetation, transport you and make you dream. The yoga retreat as amazing from every point of view. It has a great balance between activities to visit Bali and also to practice yoga. Iyan and Wayan are outstanding teachers. The treatments at the spa and the staff at Kumara also make you feel out of this world....Finally, the whole gastronomic experience was unique and unforgettable. I hope to go back soon!!

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed December 10, 2012

As soon as I saw that I could shower under the stars upon arrival, I knew I was somewhere special. Everything was exquisite. The yoga sessions (especially by the volcano), the food, the welcoming staff, the geckos, the rooms, spa treatments and lush environment. A beautiful way to unwind and nourish the body and the mind.

Perth
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I had the most amazing time at the Fresh Start Cleansing retreat. It reall was a life changing experience and I highly recommend it. The staff were fantastic and could do enough to make my stay as pleasant as possible. The accomodation was lovely and I spent far too much time gazing from our private terrace into the tropical gardens and the rice feilds beyond - the veiw was sublime.
I felt nurtured and cared for and the spa treatments were wonderful set in a picture perfect location.
The morning Qi Qong was the best way to start the day.The food was fantastic! I was glowing with good health when I left.
I will without a doubt be visiting Kumara again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Perth, Australia
Reviewed December 3, 2012

I loved every minute of our 5 days at Kumara. The rooms are spacious with beautiful views of the rice fields. The 5 days were extremely well organised and there was enough time to do your 'own thing', have massages and just enjoy your surroudings. The yoga with Iyan and Wayan was fantastic! It was hard to believe that the food was so healthy - choc mousse made with avocado yum. Ive missed the ginger tea as it was a great way to kick start and end the day. The staff went out of their way to help. This was excellent value for money and I hope to do another retreat soon.

2 Thank DebJD
Perth, Australia
Reviewed November 26, 2012

What a fantastic yoga retreat! The accommodation was very spacious, clean and modern – and with beautiful views. The staff were excellent – they couldn’t help you enough and everything was very organised. The yoga was intense but really good – I would recommend that you have some yoga experience, however Iyan and Wayan catered really well to different levels of experience. A highlight was yoga during sunrise at the volcano – incredible! All the activities were really well planned and so lovely – the team are really thoughtful and the activities gave a great taste of Balinese culture. The food during our stay was great! Healthy and really tasty (and I wasn’t expecting three course dinners every night...yum!). The spa treatments were also great, so relaxing and a great spa vicinity – the Mandi Lulur flower bath was a highlight. We had a lovely mix of people from around the world in our group which also added to the experience. Overall, the retreat really was fantastic – it exceeded my expectations in every facet and was also fantastic value for money. In addition, we really felt that the retreat was for us and that the team at OneWorld do all that they can to make sure that everyone enjoys their time there. Every detail was so thoughtful (down to the water colours and paintbrushes in the room, and the incense gifted to us on our departure). I thoroughly recommend OneWorld Kumara for a fantastic (and great value for money) holiday / retreat – I’m hoping I can go back!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends