“Amazing - couldn't ask for more”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Oneworld retreats Kumara
Ranked #16 of 612 Specialty Lodging in Ubud
Reviewed November 26, 2012

What a fantastic yoga retreat! The accommodation was very spacious, clean and modern – and with beautiful views. The staff were excellent – they couldn’t help you enough and everything was very organised. The yoga was intense but really good – I would recommend that you have some yoga experience, however Iyan and Wayan catered really well to different levels of experience. A highlight was yoga during sunrise at the volcano – incredible! All the activities were really well planned and so lovely – the team are really thoughtful and the activities gave a great taste of Balinese culture. The food during our stay was great! Healthy and really tasty (and I wasn’t expecting three course dinners every night...yum!). The spa treatments were also great, so relaxing and a great spa vicinity – the Mandi Lulur flower bath was a highlight. We had a lovely mix of people from around the world in our group which also added to the experience. Overall, the retreat really was fantastic – it exceeded my expectations in every facet and was also fantastic value for money. In addition, we really felt that the retreat was for us and that the team at OneWorld do all that they can to make sure that everyone enjoys their time there. Every detail was so thoughtful (down to the water colours and paintbrushes in the room, and the incense gifted to us on our departure). I thoroughly recommend OneWorld Kumara for a fantastic (and great value for money) holiday / retreat – I’m hoping I can go back!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank EmilyAus

Reviewed November 23, 2012

My decision to attend this particular retreat was a no-brainer after reading all the positive reviews. I went to Bali specifically for the retreat and what attracted me was the fact it was all inclusive of transfers, meals, massages, activities and the Yoga. Had I stayed somewhere else in Ubud, it is likely, I would not have had the motivation to attend as much Yoga as was part of the timetable at Kumara - the Yoga and meditation was ...nurturing. This was my first sojourn on my own and I loved every minute, though I did Skype back home every day. Loved meeting people from other states and countries. The healthy food was amazing and I am looking forward to getting the recipes.Tip come a day earlier, so you can book an extra massage and a pedicure. Yes the pedicures are likely more expensive, than in Ubud, but it was sooo relaxing with an endless cup of sweet ginger tea, overlooking the beautiful landscape. Next time I won't bother with bringing my yoga mat, it took up too much space, but I will bring another pair of bathers as mine took a long
while to dry in the humidity. I did use the laundry which was efficient and nominal. The staff are all truly exceptional, from the morning bell ringer to the teachers Iyan and Wayan. I am looking forward to my next trip with great anticipation.

Room Tip: I stayed in the teachers room, got a discount because of construction noise. It had an outdoor bath...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I had a absolutely wonderful time at the yoga retreat at Kumara. Kumara an outstanding place to stay at, the yoga was excellent, the activities fun ( purification ritual at the temple, yoga overlooking a volcano, cycling, rice field walk, learning how to make a Balinese offering), very friendly staff, spa treatment very good, comfortable rooms, food was delicious.
To sum up, I would like to say that I spent a gorgeous time at Kumara, cultural, spiritual and fun all at the same time.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Susi G
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Yoga, amazing area, friendly staff. Totally worth the money I loved it.
Spa treatments every day if you want it. A gorgeous insight into some local traditions and ceremonies.
Just far enough away from central Ubud to be relaxed and still close enough to shop. Do it you will not regret it.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed November 4, 2012

This retreat is absolutely one of the kind! I can't even begin to say how amazing it is. The owners have done such an phenomenal job. From day one to the very last minute, everything is thoughtfully planned out. The staff are the kindest, always smiling and courteous. The spa treatments are the best with a breathtaking view to look at. The food is delicious and exciting. The rooms are clean and very nice and the place is close enough to Ubud that you can either walk or take the complimentary ride for less than 10 minutes.

All together,It's truly a priceless experience. It's spiritual, cultural and fun at the same time. You can be sure you'll leave this place totally zen, connected and balanced.

Room Tip: Room #10- Beautiful view
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We had a lovely time at the Oneworld retreat. The yoga was good, the extra curricular activities fun (yoga on a deck overlooking a volcano, cycling - more downhill gliding than cycling! The blessing by a priest, rice field walk and lovely lunch at Sari Organik. Learning the Balinese way of making an offering. All of these were great cultural experiences for our group). The room was clean and comfortable. The food was very good and you did not feel like you were being punished even though the emphasis is on healthy food. Lots of vegies! They probably need to serve larger helpings to the male attendees but that is a small gripe. Beautiful peaceful environment, apart from some construction noise, slightly annoying during the fabulous spa treatments. Great staff.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JannyMouse
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I continued to be blown away for the entire course of the retreat, it was absolutely wonderful in every way. Blissful and enlightening. Skilled in the art of happiness. Certainly the focus is on personal development, which it nurtured very successfully; but I also very much enjoyed the sensitively incorporated insight into Balinese culture, always accessible and from a perspective of personal relevance.

Highly recommended.