“Escape the World Retreat”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
ONEWORLD retreats Kumara
Ranked #3 of 536 Specialty Lodging in Ubud
Sydney, Australia
“Escape the World Retreat”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

The Escape the World Retreat at Kumara, Ubud, was the most amazing holiday I have ever been on. I went to this retreat with the expectation of a 'break' from my life back home, but I came back with so much more. I could not fault this experience in any way. The rooms are large and clean, with a balcony overlooking the beautiful rice paddies. I really loved how the rooms were cleaned without us noticing. There was not the usual "housekeeping" yell and the loud knock at the door, rather they went about the cleaning when we were attending yoga/other activities, to keep with the truly relaxing nature of the retreat.The food was incredible, with so much variety, catering for every dietary need/want. The activities were balanced, and the yoga was just amazing!!! Iyan and Wayan were brilliant in teaching yoga from beginners to advanced, with no expectation or judgement. I learnt so much. I experienced three massages which were just out of this world. I met so many beautiful people. I really did have the time of my life!! Thank you to all the staff, and to Iyan and Wayan who took my yoga to a whole new level!

Room Tip: Some rooms have a day bed on the balcony, others have 2 large chairs and a small table between. Some...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Ella J

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Alice Springs, Northern Territory, Australia
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I went to Bali looking for some peacefulness, serenity, relaxation and time to myself.....but I gained so much more. The retreat with One World Retreats held at Kumara Sakit was unbelieviable....It was so beautiful in every way . It was quietly perfect, with staff that so openly greeting you from day one and then continue to inspire me and make me feel so at home. They were so unassuming and friendly and were always on hand to help out. Whether it was some sweet lemon tea to help my cold or a the wonderful turndown service each night, where incence was burning in your room and a frangipani on your pillow:) The yoga was amazing, it pushed me to new limits and the places we visited were amazing and full of wonderful people and stores...I will be back next year but this time, Ill bring my husband to escape with me.......Thankyou Wayan and Iyan and all the staff for you beautiful retreat....

Room Tip: Room 6 was goreous....It was lower in the jungle canopy but felt like you were right in th jungle, t...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mid M
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed July 5, 2012

From beginning to end you will be met with warmth, smiles and kindness. Everything reflects calmness and tranquility, the setting, the service, personal touches, individual attention and requests. The meals were beyond my expectations, every dietry need was attended to, presentation, variety and quality was equal to a hatted restaurant!!! Our twice daily yoga and meditation was proffessionaly guided, with explaination, encouragement and support. Additional activities eg blessing ceremony, temple springs, bike ride and old village outings added an extra element of culture immersion. Walking through rice fields, observing native artisians and seeing the beauty of Ubud is all part of the experience! Highly reccommend!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 4. It has a large balcony with 2 lay-back chairs overlooking the jungle :)
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Amy B
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed July 1, 2012

I unexpectedly went to Bali. What I mean by this, is that this country was not on my travel plans whilst I have been traveling SE Asia. Whilst exploring my travel options, Oneworld Retreat, Kumara Ubud, popped up in my consideration. There was a meditation retreat occurring, and I emailed, deciding if it was meant to be, there would be a space, and I received the positive news that one space was available.
And words can't adequately express what an amazing experience it was. For simplicity I will break it into the various categories, but I do need to state the whole is greater than the individual parts.
Accommodation: spacious, really big room with two desks for writing or even painting, since watercolour paints and paper are available. Bathroom is shower, toilet and wash basin area. Two big cupboards for storing clothes and safe. Outside of room on my patio was a day bed to sprawl and relax on, as well as table and chairs for gazing onto the rice paddies on the hillside. Incense sticks, and lighter are also provided. Rooms cleaned immacutely every day.
Food: delicious, tasty and wonderful. They accommodated to everyone's needs, be it gluten, lactose or whatever intolerance or allergy anyone had! And good substitutes were provided. Their coffee rocks!
Location: about a 20 fast walk from Ubud Palace, so close enough to do for enjoyment, or take the lazy route of having the retreat drop you off and fetch you. It's a service provided free of charge. You have the rice paddies around you and you can also walk to the river below on the property. There are two pools, one near the river which is the larger one, and another close to the eating area. One is also close to the rice paddy walk that can be done. Would recommend that you do this!
Wif: you can use the standalone computer at no cost in the little gift shop or you can simply log onto the wifi, with your own computer at no extra cost. Signal isn't very strong, but it works.
Staff: amazing, amazing people. They are so welcoming, friendly, accommodating and willing to assist and go the extra mile. They made this place from great to BRILLIANT.
Spa: Really experienced therapists and everyone did more than the program treatments since they were so good.
Retreat: in summary, beyond expectations, truly impactful, and soul reaching. Words can't say thank you enough to Margo, Wayan and Robert. A benefit of this retreat, is you gain an insight into the culture of the Balinese. The staff also share their own knowledge, so you can understand more.
A truly magical place, with amazing energy, people. If you want a truly relaxing, soul inspiring adventure for your heart and soul, I urge you go.

7 Thank Angela B
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed June 23, 2012

Room & bathroom beautiful and very clean. Staff very friendly and helpful!! Food is delicious!
SPA is nice with view to the rice fields. Therapist knows what he is doing.
Perfect place to take a break and charge your batteries. No TV in the room.

2 Thank World_Traveller_8633
Melbourne
Reviewed June 19, 2012

I almost don't want to write this review because I want to keep the secret for myself! Kumara and One World went above and beyond my expectations for my first yoga retreat. Every detail imaginable was covered. The perfect blend of relaxation, indulgence, culture and yoga. The hotel and staff were outstanding, food fantastic and yoga sessions the right level of challenge without ever feeling out of your depth. Would love to go back and do it all again! Thanks to Iyan, Wayan, Claude and all the Kumara staff for a soul lifting week.

3 Thank Kayteegee
Penang Island, Malaysia
Reviewed June 15, 2012

I decided to extend my Bali trip and took up the Spa Vacation package by Oneworld Retreat. And that was indeed great decision made to have a complete getaway. i was pick-up by the hotel transport from where i was staying earlier. when i reach the place i was in bliss. And when i was taken to my room, i knew i would be 'lost' in here for the next 3 days. The deep tissue massage and mandi spa treatment was the best ever massage i ever had. It was totally relaxing. And i was served breakfast and dinner at the verandah of my room. The food is simply delicious and i felt like a queen! Highly recommended for those who are seeking to rejuvenate your mind, body & soul...

3 Thank Tansb