“Escape the World retreat delivers!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Oneworld retreats Kumara
Ranked #16 of 613 Specialty Lodging in Ubud
Reviewed September 27, 2011

I am a busy working mother of a 3-year old who decided to giver herself a solo-trip break. I had always fancied going on a yoga retreat. I came across One World Retreats and thought I would give it a try as I had also wanted to go to Bali. This ended up being everything I had hoped for and needed.
LOCATION
The location is first and foremost a great set-up. The resort is a series of villas built into the side of a steep gorge with a river at the base. The buildings are made from local volcanic rocks and have lush vegetation growing over them. It gives the feel of living and moving through a temple.
ROOMS
The villas are simple but nice. I had a room with a beautiful view of the rice paddies on the other side of the gorge. I also had an outdoor bathroom/ shower which was very nice. There are small refrigerators and tea/ coffee making supplies in the rooms.
YOGA
Iyan the instructor is a what you imagine from a yogi, gentle and serene. He makes yoga approachable for those who have little to no experience to those fo us who have more experience. I enjoyed the open air room overlooking the gorge and the feel of the breeze while going through my daily asanas. The yoga is a mix of Ashtanga and Iyengar.
SPA
Blissful! You get 2 spa treatments withe your week package and an extra if you book way in advance. These were not normal 50-60 min treatments either! They lasted for 2+ hours. The Chakra balancing massage was one of the most relaxing moments ever. I had multiple therapists and they were all highly skilled. The spa treatments are also open air which adds in my opinion to the relaxation.
FOOD
I never wanted to stop eating. Every meal was a gourmet and healthy delight. The best part was that we got the recipes for everything we ate.
VALUE
Unbelievable - check the website out for yourself. It is the best money you could ever spend on yourself.
CONCLUSION
Go! If you want yoga, spa and great food in a great location then look no further. I know I will be going back just not soon enough!

Room Tip: Ask for a villa overlooking the rice paddies.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank Geogrrl

Reviewed September 19, 2011

We had the most wonderful experience staying at OneWorld Kumara and participating in the Escape the World Yoga retreat. The retreat environment was peaceful and stunningly beautiful. Everywhere we looked, there was beauty and wonder of the nature, vibrant colours, elegant architecture, lovely stone statues. The Yoga pavilion is the most beautiful location I ever practised Yoga in.

We thoroughly enjoyed all the Yoga sessions with the Iyan and Wayan. Apart from the twice daily Yoga practice, the activities in the program were astoundingly good. They introduced the rich Balinese culture and spirituality to us. The food included in the program was plentiful and delicious. The treatments were fantastic. It was the most memorable and life changing experience.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ChenL
Reviewed September 8, 2011

A very gentle and peaceful place. Truly an Escape from the World. I felt like I had been invited to a Balinese home and invited to share some of their beautiful culture, rather than a resort. It was perfect and something one has to experience because It's hard to explain. For those still thinking about it, stop thinking, just do it.

Room Tip: all rooms are magnificent
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 7, 2011

This retreat was a great way to spend six days of your life :) I especially enjoyed and would welcome more Balinese cultural aspects ..as I find the Balinese culture and people magical and fascinating ... Thanks so much to Sue who also made me not notice that I was actually partaking in hours and hours of yoga.. The yoga is part of your being on the retreat and doesn't feel like exercise at all just going with the flow of the week. The food deserves a special mention as it is amazingly varied we never ate the same meal twice ... Amazing quality and flavors divine ... Guarantee you will love your time on this retreat and look back soon after with fond yearning and wanting to be back in Bali straight away !

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank Soshiny
Reviewed September 7, 2011

It was spectacularly beautiful. I encourage one to seek a private room on the premises and just enjoy the view.
The staff are so king and loving. It is all very genuine.

Room Tip: ask for your own room at Kumara resort
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed September 1, 2011

Participated in the Escape the World retreat with Iyan and Wayan - what wonderful, caring and knowledgeable gentlemen. Yoga was excellent, my body loved the stretching. Food was delicious and plentiful. Staff cared and nurtured us with their smiles and respectful of our peace and quiet times.
All the treatments as in massages, facials were first class - I can still picture the bathtub full of water with flower petals floating on the top! The activities outside the retreat were outstanding, even the bike ride. I miss it all and will be back! Thank you to all...........

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 1, 2011

wonderful staff, delicious food, great yoga and activities

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends