“A Gift to one self!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
ONEWORLD retreats Kumara
Ranked #6 of 538 Specialty Lodging in Ubud
Bradford, United Kingdom
“A Gift to one self!”
Reviewed April 10, 2011

i went for the yoga and received so much more. The Yoga was excellent - Iyan, Wyan, Claude and all the team at one world were just fabulous! the food was great I met some amazing people. go on treat yourself.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Cairns, Australia
Reviewed March 28, 2011

I stayed for a week with my friend and then returned the following week for a yoga retreat. Both stays were amazing. It was very relaxing and the spa treatments are to die for. I highly recommend the 2 1/2 hour chakra oil massage. Thank you for a wonderful time and introduction to Indonesian/Balinese culture.

• Stayed March 2011
perth australia
Reviewed March 16, 2011

Kumara how i miss you all, the staff are so very caring and I love you all they are all so very special, food was prepared obviously with great attention to detail as the menu was very well balanced and all meals delicious cannot recommended more highly so if you are looking to reflect, reconnect, and thoroughly spoil yourself in a holistic way then book you one world retreat today

1 Thank jardy2000
Perth, Australia
Reviewed March 15, 2011

I decided to treat myself and my partner. Time to totally be induged for me and for my partner some skills for life! I hoped it would be simply good howecver it was simply amazing exceeding our expectations in almost every area. The yoga was fantastic for beginners, as a more experienced yogi I was very happy _ I can now do a herad and forearm stand in the middle of the room - no walls.
The food was bountiful, amazing delicious and also so wonderfully balanced and healthy. People varying dietry nuances were catered for - we had a lacto-ovo vegetarian, gluten intolerant, allergies and they all ate well.

The most impressive thing to us, though, was the service. Everything had been thought of and the staff went about making our stay as comfortable as possible, while at the same time staying in the background and not being intrusive.

My partner declared it the best holiday he had ever had. This is my thought too!

Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed March 9, 2011

We decided to treat ourselves to a proper, relaxing holiday and we signed up for a yoga retreat at Kumara. We expected it to be good, and it exceeded our expectations in almost every area. The yoga was fantastic for beginners, and those with more experience seemed to get a lot out of it, too. The food was absolutely delicious and also very healthy.

All in all, an unforgettable experience.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nick_and_Naomi
ONEWORLDretreats, Manager at ONEWORLD retreats Kumara, responded to this review, March 10, 2011
Thank you so much for your review! We look forward to having you back with us!

Stockton, New Jersey
Reviewed February 28, 2011

Kumara is a magical place in the magical country of Bali. While parts of Bali are identical to other congested, crowded, hot cities, Kumara OneWorld Retreat in Ubud is exactly the experience most people seek when going to Bali. In addition to beautiful accomodations in a spectacular and very traditional Balinese setting at a very good price, the food was the best I had anywhere in the country and very healthy to boot, and the service exceptional, as well as kind and gracious. Hot water was something of an issue but I found this to be the case elsewhere in Bali as well...good thing it was so hot while I was there I didn't miss it much. This place was an incredibly restful, quiet hideaway but close enough to the action in Ubud, unlike other hotels, to make it easy to get out and do things in town anytime.

1 Thank Carinazoa
Thank you so much for your review! We look forward to having you back with us!

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed February 24, 2011

The entire experience of this yoga and meditation retreat was wonderful. The rooms were simple but clean and tidy and the view from my balcony, overlooking the rice fields was heaven. The food (vegetarian) was excellent!! Fresh, well presented and tasted great! The staff were just wonderful. Attentive to your every request and just lovely people. And the spa services weren't bad either. I recommend one a day.

The retreat included a spiritual ceremony at a Balinese temple, sunrise yoga overlooking Mt Batur and a 4hr bike ride through Ubud, passing small villages where you were constantly met by the laughter and smiling faces of young children welcoming you with open arms.

A wonderful, relaxing vacation, combining yoga and meditation with great food, great people and simple activities that show you a great deal about the Balinese people and the beautiful Ubud. My only recommendation - book to stay a day or so before or after so you can truly relax. But go!!!!

1 Thank aussieinvestigator
Thanks a lot for your review! We look forward to having you back with us some day!