“Comfortable and Worth the Price”
Review of Narasoma Homestay

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Narasoma Homestay
Ranked #33 of 555 Ubud B&B and Inns
“Comfortable and Worth the Price”
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Staying at Narasoma was one of the best choices I could have made during my trip to Bali. The rooms were comfortable and clean as well as the property. The staff was polite and helpful whenever they could be. The included breakfast was great as well! I really liked the quiet and secluded location. Would recommend this hotel to anyone!

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Korean first
Los Angeles, USA
Reviewed March 18, 2013

It was no surprise that we did not get A/C when we got there. I was really worry about mosquito. But to our surprise there was no mosquito! From then on everything was like a dream that was a wonderfull memories.

• Stayed April 2012
Sacramento, California
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Narasoma came highly recommended by a trusted friend. Wow. This is a gem in the middle of Ubud, a 5 minute walk from the palace! Yet it is entirely removed from the buzz of Jalan Monkey Forest, a main through fare. It is another world, surrounded by a jungle canyon and small rice fields. The owners have paid amazingly beautiful attention to detail. I stayed at the retreat center in the back of the property for five days and came back for another week. The views, the scenery, the calm, the peace, the beauty of the rooms, the building, the grounds, the always helpful staff - simply superb. There are many places to meditate on the grounds. The yoga studio on the roof is a special treat not to be found anywhere else. I came here for a combination of personal study/meditation/yoga/vacation. It is the perfect place for that. And very affordable.

Room Tip: There is no fitness center here. My 5 points are for the outstanding yoga studio facility available...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I have stayed here 5 times I love this place the location the grounds and the staff are fantastic. The owners live in the main house and the rooms are on the 1st and 2nd floor. If you have a problem with too many stairs there are other options including a Traditional Balanese suite with only a few stairs. I have stayed in the suite it's just beautiful and very luxurious. There is also a yoga retreat centre beautiful pool and many places to relax around the grounds. Breakfast is either served in your room or on the balcony or in the breakfast room overlooking the pool. Benji Gang is off Monkey Forest so this place is great for relaxing shopping or walking over to the Palace for Traditional Dance proformances

Room Tip: This is a Homestay no lift so ask about the stairs to the rooms
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank April120449
Reviewed March 1, 2013

I stayed solo at Narasoma Guest House for 10 wonderful days and nights.
The owners, Charlotte and Nyoman, and the Staff, especially the two Wayan's and the two Made's were kind, friendly, and very accommodating.
The grounds are really lovely and peaceful, with a nice pool area. I was on the third floor with an amazing view towards Mt Agung, the room was fan only and there were nice breezes with the front and back doors open, and no need for air con. The bed was comfortable, unfortunately the water pressure was slow for the shower. The balcony was a great place to meet other guests and to relax.
Wayan's breakfast was more than adequate and very enjoyable, his banana pancakes and mixed juice are superb!

All in all, Narasoma IS a home away from home! Missing it and can't wait to return!

Room Tip: Rooms on the third floor have more privacy and wonderful views.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank ilovelillies
Punta Banda, Baja California, Mexico
Reviewed November 29, 2012

We booked a combo vacation that included a hotel in Padang Padang. We went to Ubud for the day and stumbled upon Narasoma Homestay. It was an amazing little paradise. The front desk clerk indulged us in showing us around. This one building on the property looked like a palace and we were told it was a suite available to guests. Also ths land once belonged to royalty. We just had to have this experience of staying in this beautiful building all to ourselves! We came back the next day, did some shopping and sightseeing and then retired to our little palace. The handcrafted details around the whole property were amazing. I literally took 200 pictures while there. We met the owners and found out the whole story of the property, and all about the time and love they have put into making Narasom feel as lovely as it does. It was so affordable too! I thought our suite would be a few hundred dollars but it was about $50.00 for the night! Included is a made to order breakfast overlooking the pool and green of the hills. It was all so peaceful. We explored every inch of the grounds and found the regular rooms to be just as nice as our little palatial suite. We were supplied with everything we needed. The WiFi works great everywhere on the property. We arre so happy the Narasoma beckoned us down that little side road to make our trip to Bali unforgettable!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Erin M
vava'u
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I enjoyed my stay at Narasoma. The breakfast was yummy and the rooms are decorated in a beautiful way. The whole compound is amazing. I took so many photos. It's like staying in a work of art! The host family and staff were all very kind towards me and my my stay memorable. Narasoma is located in a fantastic spot and the view of the volcano from the rooms is breath-taking.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo