“Great value for money”
Review of Narasoma Homestay

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Narasoma Homestay
Ranked #41 of 618 Ubud B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 31, 2012

We stayed here twice in June/July and loved it! We stayed on the top floor. The room was clean, spacious, and quiet (we were there while the construction was occurring and aside from having to walk through/around it, didn't notice it). We enjoyed sitting out on the balcony, which had great views of the surrounding roof tops and mountains. The pool is just gorgeous and we swam every day. We found the staff to be really friendly and helpful, and while the breakfast wasn't anything flash, it was perfectly adequate given the price of the accommodation.

Room Tip: The balconies on the top floor probably have the greatest privacy.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank littlemsdisaster

Reviewed July 18, 2012

Sadly we are checking out of this place today. We have spent four nights here and loved it. The location is great, the room is clean and spacious and the pool area has a fantastic setting. I used to work in Indonesia so know Bali quite well and am pleased that we found this place. I would definitely recommend it to others and would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank BeverleySuze123
Reviewed June 28, 2012

We stayed at Narasoma homestay for 5 nights. Everything was great - location, rooms, breakfast, pool, wifi - HOWEVER there is a lot of construction going on in and around the homestay so it can be very noisy from 8AM-4PM. Not exactly quiet and relaxing. I would not stay here unless you can find out for sure if the construction is finished because it can be quite annoying and distracting.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed May 23, 2012

Just beautiful. That single, decorative bungalow next to the temple looks more like a temple than a temple does. :)

Stay here. The staff are friendly and always give you smile. The pool is great. The location is perfect! And that bungalow... Wow!

We, my partner and I, didn't actually get to stay in the bungalow, his mother did, but we got to hang out on the verandah and eat our breakfast watching everyone rise in the morning.
The family who owns it has a very friendly young boy who speaks wonderful english and they have a friendly cat called Spookie. There is big fat labrador who follows the grandmother around all day and a bird who whistles at you (and if you whistle a different tune, it will learn it).
We met a Canadian couple who told us that the view from the top rooms are a must have too.

So you have plenty of choice.

The room we stayed in was fine for the price. It came with two beds as they all do here I think (one with netting), it was clean although the bathroom could have done with some scrubbing (not the be all and end all though).
We didn't have any mozzies and we often left our door open. The ceiling fan is a better option than the air-con but that is just personal choice.

The breakfast was okay, you'll find better elsewhere but again, its not the main part of your stay so who cares? Food is cheap enough on the main road.
Oh, and you are right in the heart of it here.

Thumbs up to this place. Thank you for a lovely stay.

Room Tip: Choice of room for every traveller. Luxury, take the temple looking bungalow. Want a view? Take the...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 8, 2012

Wow. This place is a three-course feast for the eyes. The layout and design of Narasoma's architecture includes contemporary and traditional Balinese design. On every corner, table or landing you'll find Balinese paintings, sculptures, beautifully carved wooden furniture, incredibly huge wall mounts made in stone and much more.

The staff are friendly, warm and welcoming. Breakfast is served on your balcony not long after you've called down (using the phone on the balcony) to order it. Choice between pancakes, eggs or jaffles - all served with a fresh fruit salad and tea/coffee. My room (Prangipani) had a double bed and single bed, fan, mosquito net, hot shower, private balcony, clothes airer and safety deposit box. Outside, there is a shared fridge with the other guests on your floor (on my floor, only one room either side of me). They provide a kettle and plenty of tea/coffee outside each room.

The pool is big enough to do lengths, result! For the price band, it's rare to find a pool that big with a decent deep-end for where Narasoma is located. I took full advantage of having a proper swim each day. The water was cool too - perfect as Ubud has been sticky-hot this month (April).

If you're a single traveller looking to meet others, this won't be the place for you. However, if you're looking for somewhere to get a decent night's sleep, read, swim and chill out - then it's ideal.

Impressive views of the nearby rice-fields and a narrow stream running past the property. This place is truly relaxing and for somewhere so quiet, it's surprisngly close to all the action. I would recommend this place and definitely make a return visit.

Room Tip: The higher up the room - the better the views!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Dilsdidit
Reviewed March 26, 2012

This is a lovely place with all the benefits of staying in a homestay but yet so much professional. The rooms are spacious, the location is superb, the staff is very very friendly, obliging and knowledgeable. It is clean, nice and relaxing. Will return again for a longer stay!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 18, 2012

I stayed at Narasoma for 3 weeks. I found it to be a lovely place. A retreat, if you will.
It was so great for relaxing and beautiful I didn't leave the compound some days until I had to eat something for dinner.
The breakfast is good and is served right on the veranda to you. The staff was so friendly + helpful. Wayan has an amazing smile especially :). Staff is also very willing and able to help set up transport, laundry, tours, and tickets to some events.
The wifi rocks!
Charlotte, the owner was very friendly and present-but in no way obtrusive.
The room was cleaned daily. I put very good instead of excellent for cleanliness due there being lizards in the room sometimes and some people may not like that. I personally love lizards.
The pool is clean and refreshing. I enjoyed sitting by the pool and and looking out at the river and palm trees. So relaxing. Ahhh.
Also, it is quiet here, off the main road. You will most likely hear frogs; Tokay Geckos; Roosters; Gamelan music; and the kids @ the school which is close by.
I would absolutely stay here again! Frankly, I didn't want to leave.

Room Tip: I loved the Rose room on the 3rd floor but, it may be more suited for singles or younger couples who...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo