“Quality was better before” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Siam Sally

Siam Sally
Ranked #94 of 713 Restaurants in Ubud
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Late Night, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Located in the heart of Ubud, Siam Sally offers authentic home-style Thai food, set in a relaxed atmosphere great for a delicious meal or a night of live music and cocktails.
Vaud
“Quality was better before”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

I come to this restaurant as often as we can and use to be very satisfied. The presentation of the dishes is always elaborate as well as the taste of the different plate I have tried since yet. But unfortunatly the last time I went there something has changed. There was less quality. My plate was nearly cold and tastless. But as usual the service was perfect. I hope that the restaurant does not content to rest on its laurels.

• Visited June 2013
BaliGoodFood, Owner at Siam Sally, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Firstly, thanks for coming back. We were sorry to hear you didn't enjoy it as much this time around. We will look into the dishes and heating practices.

We do hope you will come back soon.

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
“Good food, nice staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

Hughe menu, tasty juices (try the banana-passionfruit-lychee juice), fantastic food. Very friendly staff. Fresh fish on Thursday. Sometimes live music.

• Visited May 2013
Jimbaran, Indonesia
“Friendly service, nice place, but poor food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

We went through Ubud today and decided to try Siam Sally for lunch.

The interior is nice enough and the staff is very friendly.

Unfortunately the food is unspectacular, bland and boring.

Fried rice with duck was tasteless.
Green Curry with Pork was boring and bland.
The duck breast salad came with very little duck and was bland as well.
Do not order the pizza! Its slimy and tasteless.

It seems they're trying to adjust Thai cuisine to the European taste by taking all the spices out.
The prices were a bit on the expensive side though.

Will we go back? No.

• Visited June 2013
BaliGoodFood, Owner at Siam Sally, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
We were sorry to see you were not satisfied. Perhaps there was a communication error, as we usually ask each guest what level of spiciness they prefer in their dishes- Mild, Medium, Hot. We will look into this issue with our waitstaff and kitchen.
Dublin, Ireland
“Good food but disappointing experience”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

We ate here last night and enjoyed the food, we had the Penang Curry and the Green curry. The rice portions were quite small however. The cocktails can be slightly pricier than other places in Ubud. The staff were not particularly welcoming. The tiramisu with tart passionfruit sauce was also very disappointing. They also short changed me 50,000 Rupiah which luckily I noticed and they gave me the full change back. I wouldn't come back here again.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank RosineB
BaliGoodFood, Owner at Siam Sally, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback, even if critical. We will look into the issues you raised. Our apologies for your less than fantastic experience.
Sydney, Australia
“Bad experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

I ate here for lunch during a solo trip. I ordered a Thai Chicken Salad as I wanted to just have a light meal. While having my meal, I noticed that the chicken was a little too pink so I tried to eat around it.

Unfortunately about an hour later I was throwing up repeatedly. This continued well into the night.

I hope that my experience was a once off, as the restaurant does look good, and the service was excellent. My experience was just unfortunate.

I wouldn't say avoid this restaurant, but just be careful and speak up if you are unhappy with your meal,

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
BaliGoodFood, Owner at Siam Sally, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
We are so sorry for your bad experience at Siam Sally and hope that you are feeling better. We are very strict with our food hygiene rules and are alarmed that such a thing has happened. I will investigate the matter with the staff. I hope to see you at Siam Sally again!

Been to Siam Sally? Share your experiences!