“Great place to stay”
Review of Toko-Toko

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Toko-Toko
Ranked #147 of 584 Specialty Lodging in Ubud
Reviewed July 7, 2012

This is a great place to stay. Cheap price. A little out of town, but that is fine in you have a scooter or take the cheap transport available just up the hill a little. Fantastic service and hospitality. Nice breakfasts with reasonable choice. We had a large double room near the pool; we were told the single rooms were a bit smaller and not as nice. So enquire. There was some construction going on when we were there (mid 2012) so it may be noisey if you want to stay in your room during the day; but we didn't and there was no noise in the morning or evening. They arranged transport for me at a very reasonable price. We will be back.

Room Tip: We were told the single rooms were small so enquire.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Toko-Toko

Reviewed April 6, 2012

Depending what is your budget, of course:) If you don't need a $100 hotel, this is the best Bali authentic place to stay. It is like a homestay, with the family temple, pool and a few beautiful clean rooms. Heavenly relaxing place. Delicious breakfast options (you have to try black rice pudding or the pancakes). The family and staff is so nice. It's only $2-$3 by taxi ride from downtown Ubud, but you can easily walk 30 mins. Ubud is the safest place on Earth. I cried when I was leaving. I will be back.

Room Tip: Rooms by the pool are newer and have lots of light.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Michaela D
Reviewed March 28, 2012

My family and I went to stay in Toko for 2 weeks for our anniversary. This is the second time we had stayed in the resort and I have to admit that I thought very long and hard about writing this review. But, it would be remiss of me not to write this as the resort is one of the best jewels we found in all of our travels to Asia. Toko, his family and his staff made us feel like we were his family were living in a secure, peaceful, clean compound surrounded by padi fields. The food in the cafe is delish!

Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Djrfamily
Reviewed February 28, 2012

I stayed at Toko Toko for five weeks this past January and February. I debated long and hard before writing this review because I really don't want this place to be known--it is a first-class, hidden jewel that needs to remain as wonderful and as genuine as it is. But I owe it to them, especially Toko and his wife, the kindest people I have ever met.
The hotel is run by Toko, his lovely wife, and a team of kind-hearted, beautiful (inside and out) people who manage the restaurants, the room and the grounds. The landscape is lush and designed in a way that pleases the eye, the pool (in the back of the hotel) opens into the rice fields and is surrounded by statues of Buddha and tropical plants. It is also long enough to allow for full lap swimming and relaxation. The rooms are all spacious, clean and harmonious. Most of them are wood-paneled all around, which makes one feel cozy and the beds are extremely comfortable. The food at the restaurant is tasty, prepared by a couple of kind and humble women who have been working there for a very long time and the waiting staff wants to please and serve at all times. I will not go anywhere else from here on and will be forced to book my trip(s) based on their availability!

Room Tip: Rooms at the top or facing the pool have the most light
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank lzucchetti
Reviewed November 16, 2011

Loved staying here. We stayed at multiple places in Ubud and this was well maintained, had newer rooms and a pool overlooking rice fields to completely relax. The staff is so friendly and nice and all the rooms are off the road. Across the street is Indus, one of our favorite restaurants and the area has a more relaxed feel than downtown. Can't beat it for the rates.

Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ryan S
Reviewed November 12, 2011

We stayed for four nights in Toko Toko in April as it was highly recommended by a friend who is a regular visitor. We had a wonderful time and fell in love with Toko Toko and Ubud. Toko and his wife Chandi and the staff go all out to make us feel comfortable and welcome. It felt like home away from home. The setting is charming and serene. Toko had arranged for Made to take us to and from the airport and he drove us around whilst we where there. We enjoyed it so much that we are actually planning to return next month. Toko has a couple of long term paying guests who made us feel very welcome. The breakfasts are delicious and the place is very clean. Highly recommended. It is the type of place that people keep returning to every year so book ahead to avoid disappointment.

Room Tip: Book well ahead as it gets booked up way in advance from regulars.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Nyonya6
Reviewed November 5, 2011

The delightful, clean, comfortable bungalow in this small establishment ensured peace and quiet which made our two-week stay a very memorable experience. The rice terraces provided a place for a quiet walk before breakfast, and a chance to occasionally meet the local people. The food was delicious and we were made to feel special. We did not want for anything - our clothes were laundered, rooms were cleaned daily, with fresh towels and bedlinen supplied regularly, and meals always available. I cannot recommend Toko-Toko highly enough. I will be returning in 2012 and look forward to reliving my Toko-Toko experience.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the rice terraces provide a wonderful view, and are quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ubud
Hotel Tjampuhan & Spa
#59 of 199 in Ubud
Anhera Suite
Anhera Suite
#220 of 584 in Ubud

Been to Toko-Toko? Share your experiences!