“Happy hour drinks and live music”

Laughing Buddha Bar
Ranked #237 of 1,179 Restaurants in Ubud
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Restaurant, Tapas Bar, Cocktail Lounge and Music Venue, the Laughing Buddha is a happening place!There’s something for everyone on our ‘Buddhalicious’ Asian & Mediterranean menu, from famous noodles soups and authentic local fare to tasty tapas and sweet treats.The little sister of Jazz Café, the music is great, with playlists to get you in a happy mood, regular live gigs and special events featuring talented musicians from around the world. Come and mingle with the crowd while sipping an inspired cocktail…or 2 (buy 2 get 1 FREE from 4 to 7pm and 11pm to 1am). Or stop by for lunch and a cool fresh pressed sugar cane juice while taking a stroll along Monkey Forest Road. Open all day, every day and for you night owls…the kitchen is now open until 1am!For an unforgettably fun time in Ubud, Laughing Buddha is the place to be. Seriously!!
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We came here for happy hour (two for one mojitos) and stayed for some of the live music that started at 8pm. The band was quite quirky and enjoyable to listen to. We enjoyed the atmosphere and it was something a bit different to try on a Sunday evening.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (769)

Reviewed January 18, 2020 via mobile

Lovely chilled bar with fantastic food and live music, great vibes and lovely staff... Whiskey sour is a must try

Reviewed January 13, 2020

With 100s of dead flys and insects on the floor we had realised just before our food came that it wasn’t going to be a very nice evening. The moment our food arrived it was clear that this was by far the worst food we have came across in the whole of Bali. And that’s after having a good few 2/10 meals on our travels. It was put in front of us and after two bites it was clear this was not going in mine or my friends stomachs. We asked for the bill with all the untouched food still on the table. When the bill came it was extortionate considering the absolute shambles of a meal we had been served. I wouldn’t of gave this to a homeless dog on the street, it would of definitely turned it’s nose up at it. So I asked to speak to the manager. I made it clear that we had the money to pay for the food as I showed her more than enough to cover the bill, but told her that I don’t know how she could serve this food to anybody... she automatically got very rude and aggressive. I made it clear we had not even touched the food which made her increasingly aggressive and she begun to shout in my face... as I do not take kindly to being spoken to in this manner with a smile on my face I took the money out and gave it to the 100s of dead insects on the floor beneath her. DO NOT F***KING EAT HERE. Wish I had taken some pictures to show you all.

Reviewed January 12, 2020 via mobile

Great bar and band for an after dinner drink. Felt too busy to probably have a full meal in because of the dancing and great band but for some people this may suit.

Reviewed January 10, 2020

I came here solo because of all the recommendations. Within 15 min I was grabbed by a man sitting behind me. In shock, I turned around and told him not to touch me. Rattled, I turned back around. A minute later his friend came up to me asking for a light (there are candles on every table and smoking is allowed indoors so he didn't need one from me). I said no and the guy continued to pester me asking me if I was sure.

I started shouting loudly that I didn't want them to talk to me. At this point I was scared. I have traveled alone many times and lived in NYC and LA and have never been so brazenly harassed.

Unfortunately NO ONE from the staff stepped in to help me. I ended getting waved over by two tourists who let me sit with them. I didn't get an apology from anyone on the staff or a comped drink and the two men who harassed me were allowed to stay.

That is simply unacceptable especially when you have a place that relies on tourism.