“Was good but prices went up”

Laughing Buddha Bar
Ranked #102 of 838 Restaurants in Ubud
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Restaurant, Tapas Bar, Cocktail Lounge and Music Venue, the Laughing Buddha is a happening place!There’s something for everyone on our ‘Buddhalicious’ Asian & Mediterranean menu, from famous noodles soups and authentic local fare to tasty tapas and sweet treats.The little sister of Jazz Café, the music is great, with playlists to get you in a happy mood, regular live gigs and special events featuring talented musicians from around the world.Come and mingle with the crowd while sipping an inspired cocktail…or 2 (buy 2 get 1 FREE from 4 to 7pm and 11pm to 1am). Or stop by for lunch and a cool fresh pressed sugar cane juice while taking a stroll along Monkey Forest Road. Open all day, every day and for you night owls…the kitchen is now open until 1am!For an unforgettably fun time in Ubud, Laughing Buddha is the place to be. Seriously!!
Reviewed December 15, 2013

My kids and I loved this place. We could sit out on the sidewalk and watch the world go by or we could sit upstairs in lounge around on the couches and cushions. The tapas was great, kids really enjoyed it. But the prices for drinks, especially cocktails seemed to go up each time we went there. So although I'd recommend the food, beware of the drink prices.
The music at night was good if you're into that. We ate across the road one night and watched alot of people really enjoying that scene so that's probably a plus.
I would try again in future but would be on guard about prices.

Reviewed December 11, 2013

I would avoid this place like the plague!
The large BIntang beer which is normally 35 was 50 'PLUS' tax...by far the most expensive anywhere in the 3 months I have been in Indonesia even in bars with great music (the music there was intolerably loud so conversation was out.)
When I mentioned politely to the waiter (who took full payment) that my beer was horribly overpriced he told NOVA, the low grade manageress, who came over and instead of being polite and appeasing the situation,told me in a rude and ugly manner that basically ...If I didn't like it, go somewhere else!
She was everything a good manageress is not...cheap,unintelligent and not in control of her emotions. She then accused me of being in a place I cannot afford and also inaccurately accused me of not paying the full bill!!
Get your facts right love and get a job more suited to your abilities...cleaner perhaps?
It takes two to tango as they say but as a customer,I have a right to state that the place is a rip off and she had no right to ban me for life!!!...as if I care! (Oh,and obviously I was not remotely drunk at those prices)
Rant over but do yourself a favour,avoid Nova (the classless and clueless one) and this ghastly tourist trap as there are hundreds of other lovely bars full of lovely people in Ubud.

4  Thank Portobella
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Food and drinks were a bit pricey than we used to spent on Ubud but every meal were delicious. Eastern tapas were really nice. Service was friendly and nice athmosphere.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

We went along mainly for the live music. I had read their web page and it just sounded like a great night out. We were not disappointed. The atmosphere was fantastic even before the music. The staff were very attentive and we had asked for the mains to be served 1 hour after the entree as we wanted to spread out the night. They were happy to please. Once the music began the place filled up with more room upstairs. People had gathered around at the front of the bar listening to the music. Just a brilliant night!

1  Thank happytravellerPerth
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Went along to this and was bitterly disappointed. Overpriced drinks and lacking in range of cocktails. Expected the place to have some buzz about it, but really didnt feel any of the vibe that I was lead to beleive would be going on. The only positive was the tapas that we had which had a good range. But we walked out paying 600,000 rp and felt slightly ripped off. I had been soooo looking forward to going there as well.