“Yoga Sessions”
Review of The Yoga Barn

The Yoga Barn
Ranked #37 of 224 Spas & Wellness in Ubud
More attraction details
Owner description: Launched in 2007, The Yoga Barn was created by its founders for the sole purpose of bringing together community and giving back to the island of Bali. Located in the heart of Ubud, Bali's cultural hub, The Yoga Barn is Indonesia's most well known Yoga Studio & Retreat Center complex. More than your typical studio, The Yoga Barn has daily classes in Yoga, Dance, Meditation, a center dedicated to Holistic Healing including Detox Programs & Colonics, an Ayurvedic Rejuvenation Center, an organic vegetarian Garden kafe, community events such as Sound Healing, Kirtan and movie nights, as well as a wonderful Guest House with 10 double occupancy rooms.The Yoga Barn's "Yogic Buffet" provides an opportunity for all people to experience Yoga - whether a complete beginner, an experienced practitioner, or somewhere in between. The Yoga Barn has something to offer for everyone!
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Loved the variety of sessions on offer.
Take your own mat or a towel or sarong to put on the mats there as they are used by everyone and are not cleaned between every session.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,540)
All reviews
in 91 reviews
in 83 reviews
in 121 reviews

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Wonderful community, great classes, fun community offerings. In my 5 days in Ubud I tried out several classes, enjoyed afternoon breaks at the Kafe, viewed a Monday night movie, participated in the Tibitian bowl meditation and danced my butt off during the Friday night dance class. I could have stayed months just enjoying all the offerings of the Yoga Barn (including many good workshops on the weekends!). Do not miss this! They have classes for all levels of yoga (and when they say advanced, they really mean advanced....). It's bigger than you would imagine, so go early or check it out ahead of time and ask where to go at the front desk.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

One of the best places for yoga that I have been to. Great teachers, lots of different classes to choose from, BEAUTIFUL atmosphere and scenery. I did 20 classes in 2 weeks, I just whish that I had more time to spend. Very inspiring!

Reviewed April 24, 2013

I bought a one-week yoga pass for the Yoga Barn which cost $700,000 rupiah, or about $70 Australian dollars and gives me unlimited access to timetabled classes. Over 7 days, I did 12 classes, including yin yoga, a slow flow class and a Tibetan singing bowl meditation session.

I can’t recommend the yoga barn enough. It’s a multi-level amazing space that sits beautifully within the Balinese landscape. The teachers are wonderful and program is diverse with classes suitable for all levels.

1  Thank Traveller204674
See more reviews
Reviewed April 24, 2013

As for the yoga, I haven't found a one I'm into. The movie nights and other offerings are quite nice however, this is the most beautiful factory I've ever seen but make no mistake that it is a factory of yogis. They're often the "holy" yogis as I like to call them, you know the ones, they only wear white and they fancy themselves as holier than thou. I'm not impressed. I'd love to see more grounded people with real talent and real gifts/love/interest to offer in this beautiful space than the eccentric fluff that seems to overflow in the joint. There are definitely diamonds in the rough so don't blow this place off completely but don't be caught in the hype either- meaning do not become mesmerized with the wannabe gurus who hang around there. Take the beauty, keep your feet on the earth and leave the rest.

CharleyYB, Partner at The Yoga Barn, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2013

Hi Kris,

Charley here from The Yoga Barn … thanks so much for your review. It may be helpful for you (as well as readers to TripAdvisor) to hear another perspective.

My guess is that you visited us during our 10-Day Kundalini Yoga Immersion. This particular branch of yoga was brought to the West by Yogi Bhajan, who taught that wearing ‘white’ natural fabrics enhances one’s mindfulness practice, and that it helps one to expand one’s ‘auric’ radiance. Of course, this is a very particular style of yoga …. suitable for some, not suitable for others.

Anyone who comes to Yoga Barn can wear any clothing that is easy for them to move in and that makes one feel comfortable. It is completely a personal choice.

Our schedule offers over 75 classes per week, across all styles, with many dedicated, experienced, (and passionate) teachers.

Of course, not everything we do will resonate with every local expat or visitor to our premises. If you have any additional feedback, I would be happy to hear from you … or if you plan to come back to Ubud, please be in contact. You can reach me at : info@theyogabarn.com

Thanks & Namaste from The Yoga Barn ...

Been to The Yoga Barn? Share your experiences!