“a great trainer with exact instruction”
Review of The Yoga Barn

The Yoga Barn
Ranked #14 of 208 Spas & Wellness in Ubud
More attraction details
Owner description: Launched in 2007, The Yoga Barn was created by its founders for the sole purpose of bringing together community and giving back to the island of Bali. Located in the heart of Ubud, Bali's cultural hub, The Yoga Barn is Indonesia's most well known Yoga Studio & Retreat Center complex. More than your typical studio, The Yoga Barn has daily classes in Yoga, Dance, Meditation, a center dedicated to Holistic Healing including Detox Programs & Colonics, an Ayurvedic Rejuvenation Center, an organic vegetarian Garden kafe, community events such as Sound Healing, Kirtan and movie nights, as well as a wonderful Guest House with 10 double occupancy rooms.The Yoga Barn's "Yogic Buffet" provides an opportunity for all people to experience Yoga - whether a complete beginner, an experienced practitioner, or somewhere in between. The Yoga Barn has something to offer for everyone!
Reviewed November 15, 2012

my trainner is Miss Tina. She is the great trainer. she demostrates all the yoga post and correct our yoga post at the same time if we are out of post. she is so soft and caring and teach us patiencely. i love to attent her class.

There are newer reviews for The Yoga Barn

Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

THE main reason for coming to Ubud.
I was so excited to go to Yoga Barn and had my first session of Yin Yoga with Malika last night, who is both calming and hands on with ensuring you don't hurt yourself but get the most out of your practice!

I was in awe of the lush gardens, yoga studios and beautiful outdoor cafe! There are all sorts of Yoga practices available and whilst yes some may consider them pricey it's no different and if anything cheaper than yoga sessions back home (Melbourne, Australia).

The staff are incredibly good spirited and helpful! There is also bali spirit wear to purchase whilst there, mats and towel which are similar price to home.

Do the meditation bowl class! I will Thursday! People who attend yoga barn may come off as pretentious but in reality are aloof and just in a haze of calm and tranquility, after all, you don't go there to chat a storm up and drink all afternoon.

No reservations about this place. Do it! You will not regret it!

Reviewed November 11, 2012

had a very good experience here with 2 treatments in the morning. Shirodara was very professionally done

Reviewed November 11, 2012

I am currently in Ubud and have had 2 classes in the Yoga Barn so far.

When I went there the first time, I was lucky to have a girl carrying a yoga mat walking in front of me so I figured I just follow her and hope that she was going to there, too. Turns out she was which was great because the studio is a little difficult to find. It is tucked away at the very far end of a small street off Jl Hanoman. However, I am sure anyone can direct you in case you get lost.

The place itself is beautiful.. Everything is made from wood and is surrounded by lush greenery.

My first class was Restorative and the second Vinyasa Flow. The first one was a very easy class and the second for more advanced yogis. I have practiced yoga for a few years so I enjoyed both classes. In the second class the instructor always showed an easier version of the asana but it was quite a fast paced class so I wouldn't recommend it for a first timer.

Having only done yoga at air conditioned studios before, it was so refreshing to do it in open air, while looking at green palm trees and listening to the sounds of nature (and a little bit of construction sounds, but it's not too much of a trouble). It really is a serene place.

The only downside for me is the price. I was expecting yoga classes in Bali to be cheaper than in the Western studios but it is quite the same. I guess you pay for the whole 'Yoga Barn' experience? Nevertheless, I am satisfied with the experience and recommend everybody to try it at least once while visiting Ubud.

1  Thank Anne K
Reviewed November 11, 2012

really lovely - check it out :) sadly there is some noise from the construction nearby but not a big deal. The cafe is awesome too :)