We stayed at the Purist for 5 nights in July and absolutely loved it, the place is sooo beautiful and serene that we relaxed as soon as we arrived. We were lucky enough to get upgraded to the Garden Villa and loved it so much, that most evenings instead of going into town we would just relax with a bottle of wine in the outdoor seating area, reading a book and listening to all the nature around us. I treated myself to a mani/pedi and private yoga session whilst there and both were excellent. We also participated in the couples massage and i think by the end of the 60 minutes we were both half asleep, it was so relaxing.
My only criticisms would be the fact that you are charged service and tax on absolutely everything including a can of drink from the mini bar, so a can of pepsi ends up costing 6 dollars instead of 4 when you have just taken it out the fridge, likewise with the crisps. I think that they should make allowances on certain items and add it onto a bill at the end of the day as we got a bit of a shock with all the additional tax charges.
I would also recommend that there is more information available on local activities that you can participate in. They have a brochure, which includes a few tours that they can arrange for you, but when we moved onto our next hotel in Nusa Dua, the hotel had a guest services area with loads of leaflets on tours and excursions available in Ubud and surrounding area, and we were a little disappointed that there were actually many more things we could have done in the Ubud area, had we been made aware of them. Having just come from Ubud we didnt want to then start travelling back up there for activities when we could have done them during our stay at Ubud, so we feel we missed out a bit on that.
I would highly recommend The Purist as somewhere to stay in Ubud. I originally thought that we might be too far out from the center, but actually it is a 5 minute taxi drive costing 30000 or a lovely 30 minute walk, which we did one day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located four minutes’ drive from Ubud centre, The Purist Villas is a design-inspired oasis of calm. A collection of seventeen unique and spacious luxury residences, villas, and suites, most with private swimming pools, complimented by an elevated wellness centre, poolside restaurant and lounge areas. Contemporary and Indonesian architecture has been thoughtfully combined, well-furnished, and styled with a large and valuable collection of fine textiles and Indonesian artefacts. Owner-designers Yvonne Hulst and Alberto Cortes, together with architect Joost van Grieken have created a most spectacular villa resort, a beautiful estate, in harmony with the landscape of the lush valley of the Tawar river. Featuring an eclectic palette of materials, including recycled wood, lava & limestone, green river stones, and authentic artefacts from years of traveling the Indonesian archipelago. Balisimo restaurant, situated poolside in the peaceful Purist environment, honours the slow food philosophy. Fresh, organic produce prepared by an experienced team of Chefs results in a collection of healthy and delicious seasonal menus. The devoted and well-trained team of dedicated Butlers are intuitive to guests needs, establishing the Purist villas excellent reputation for superior, attentive service. The Purist Spa offers a range of blissful Ayurvedic treatments and uses high-end Sensatia products; Ayurveda is the ancient Indian philosophy of healing and wellbeing, focusing on re-balancing energy. The Purist's meditation and yoga therapists are finely attuned to the practice of working with energy, having mastered the art of mindful touch. The Purist Villas have brought a new benchmark of luxury boutique villa resort accommodation to Ubud and should not be missed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Purist Villas and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Purist Villas Hotel Ubud
- The Purist Villas And Spa Ubud, Bali