My wife and I stayed at the Bamboo Villa for 2 nights. There is a private infinity pool where excess water falls into a lower terrace where the spa is. The Bale/patio was where we had our breakfasts and a candle light dinner. The shower and toilet are outdoor.
The property is small, located in a quaint village north of Ubud. The owners, one from Spain and the other from the Netherlands, as I was told, were creative to utilise the land to build 7 stunning villas. The drive to Ubud central takes about 5 minutes but always cost IDR 50,000.
The villas 15 staff are all Balinese except 1 I think. Most are from Ubud too. Our butler is even from the village where the Purist is in. They were extremely attentive to our needs. There is turn down service each evening. During our stay, 5 other villages were occupied but we felt like all attention was given to us. We didn't bump into a single other guest during our stay. All these thanks to a low guest-to-staff ratio.
The only downside with the Bamboo Village is that, next to is somebody's house/farm. During the day, you will hear children playing and the occasional chatter from the neighbours.
It was our first time to Bali so we do not have any basis for comparison with other villas in the area. But if you're looking for a peaceful and quiet visit to Ubud (which all visits to Ubud should be for), then it is a recommended place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The Purist Villas and Spa, a PURE HAVEN of relaxation near the heart of Bali’s spiritual and artistic homeland. The Purist Villas & Spa is a hip designer’s hideaway nestled just behind a rustic Balinese village, where you can still see all aspects of traditional rural life, including daily offerings, traditional dances and music. Comprised of seventeen uniquely styled and tastefully appointed villas, this enchanting property at The Purist offers privacy, design-led luxury and a deep sense of tranquility set in breathtaking, natural surroundings. Manifesting a true feeling of the Magical Island Of The Gods. Each villa is an oasis of calm, created using natural materials and all have living spaces which open directly to the outdoors, overlooking the lush tropical Jungle. HOMAGE TO THE INDONESIAN ARCHIPELAGO The JOG-LO house, The LIMASAN Residence and The TIMOR Residence, are a combination of three villas reflecting an ancient Indonesian architecture, fully renovated and modernized with high-grade facilities. All beautifully reassembled with modern convenience in mind, they are all ideally suited to accommodate extended families or groups of friends, and perfect for special events like weddings. The Purist Villas & Spa embody the ancient Hindu beliefs of balance, harmony and purity of spirit; to this, we add a deep respect for the natural environment. Yvonne Hulst and Alberto Cortes have worked closely with architect Joost van Grieken to create a truly spectacular experience, a tasteful, beautiful resort designed in harmony with its landscape - the fragrant, lush hills of Bali’s magical Ubud region. We use an eclectic palette of materials, including recycled wood, authentic Indonesian artifacts, natural lava and lime stone and green river stones. Our wish is to connect our guests with Bali’s many spiritual and artistic traditions. That’s why we’ve furnished The Purist with only the most beautiful and authentic artifacts which we’ve slowly accumulated on our travels among the various Indonesian islands. In the peaceful Purist environment, we honor the slow food philosophy – it comes to you freshly organic, fair and delicious in harmony with the environment and seasons. That said, we cater to all dietary requirements and understand that culinary pleasure is an essential part of your stay. For that reason in particular, we select our chefs from among Bali’s finest and offer both Indonesian and International dining options. Complete with a unique Asian flare, traditional Balinese spices mixed with international delicacies. The Purist Spa offers a range of blissful Ayurvedic treatments and Sensatia products; Ayurveda is the ancient Indian philosophy of healing and well~being, focusing on re-balancing energy. With training that includes meditation and yoga, our therapists are deeply attuned to the practice of working with energy, and have mastered the art of mindful touch. The term ‘thank you’ in 'Bahasa Indonesia' implies both ‘giving’ and ‘receiving’ – our therapists are skilled at giving all they have, while inviting you to take all you need. You simply say ‘Terima Kasih’ – thank you. Still the mind and become fully present to the beauty around you by taking a yoga session or two. Our yoga teachers have trained abroad in some of the world’s finest yoga schools and can be booked for private sessions, in small intimate groups of four. You’ll find yoga mats in your room, simply let us know what style of yoga you prefer – if you have a preference - and we will ensure to bring the right teacher to your door. Complimentary shuttles to Ubud center are scheduled daily for guests. The airport is around 90 minutes away by road depending on the traffic situation. With The Purist, Yvonne and Alberto succeeded in creating yet another home away from home, which has become their trademark signature. The Purist offers only seven private villas, making it the smallest boutique hotel in Bali. In this way, we can meet any of your personal and specific needs. The Purist: sophisticated hospitality stripped to the essence ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Odigeo, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your The Purist Villas and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Purist Villas Hotel Ubud
- The Purist Villas And Spa Ubud, Bali