The Purist Villas and Spa
$280
$254
$224
$194
All reviewshill villabamboo villatimor villaprivate pooljungle roomgarden suitethe rivermain poolpure blissour honeymoonoutdoor areadining tablehotel driverpiece of heavenstayed nightsperfect stayshuttle service
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My wife and I had a fantastic stay at the Purist. Service was excellent, meals were great as were the spa treatments. If you just want to put your feet up and have little interaction with the outside world this is a great place to spend some time. We stayed one night in a River View Villa and 3 nights in the Bamboo Villa. Both were great although it was nice having the private pool in the Bamboo Villa as an addition. Staff serviced the rooms on multiple occasions throughout the day and timed it well for when you went out of the villa so it did not interrupt your privacy. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Mark B
Reviewed April 6, 2013

A excellently ran, small, friendly, asthetically pleasing resort. Nothing was too much trouble for everyone we encountered on our week long stay here. The staff were courteous without being overbaring. They got it absolutely spot on in every regard. I would not hesitate to recommend The Purist to any of our friends. In fact friends have already asked, what was it like as they wanted to stay here. My advice would be to see for yourself. It is probably one of the best stays we have had in Bali, if not Asia, after living here 13 years.

We stayed in the Bamboo villa, again, asthetically pleasing and docorated in a minimal Asian Contemporary style. It had one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in.

The whole place has an unnerving attention to detail and that goes for all the staff as well, who were just simply brilliant in every regard.

I can understand when previous reviewers have stated that by reviewing The Purist it no longer becomes a 'hidden gem', but I can't let such service and place go without a big, big thank you...

Matt & Naomi

Room Tip: We had no complaints with the Bamboo Villa, with it's own private pool and walled in seclusion away from the main pool, which with only a handful of villas was always empty anyway
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Makkun70
Reviewed April 4, 2013

A piece of heaven on earth. The hotel is in a beautiful setting. Surrounded by nature and its sounds. The villas are so tastefully designed and decorated incorporating nature into every aspect of the design. The staff is AMAZING. Everyone is friendly and does their best to make your stay as pleasant as possible. The food is also very good and fresh.
We loved our 6 nights stayhere and can't wait to come back.
Thank you for an amazing experience.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Likeitniceandclean
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Thanks to the TA reviews, we found this hotel. They were very responsive via email when I booked a few months ahead. We stayed at the Hill Villa, which was perfect for us. 4 adults and my 3-year old daughter. We had a small private pool, which we used... and also we spent an afternoon at the shared pool (which had no one... so it seemed like we had the whole place to ourselves).

The staff were all super friendly to my daughter and they adhered to all requests. They even bought some new DVDs to keep my daughter entertained because their current stock were mostly appealing to boys. I really appreciated that!

They helped to organize a small birthday cake which was delivered on the breakfast morning of hubby's birthday... I requested for it a few weeks before arriving. The only downside on that morning was our balcony was ultra, ultra sunny & hot, and we didn't have blinds to protect us from the sun.... we had to use the hotel umbrellas to just try to block some of the sun away to at least finish the rest of our private breakfast in the balcony. After I requested the blinds, they installed it the next day, so we were able to enjoy our breakfast at the balcony sans the sunburn.

They are very accommodating and friendly. People who are looking for quietness, bliss and privacy should check out this hotel. We also had a couple of meals at the hotel, my husband's birthday dinner and another time at the poolside. Wouldn't say it was cheap, but it wasn't crazily expensive as well.

The only thing I wish our Hill Villa had was a toilet on the upstairs floor. That would have been convenient especially at night!

Oh, and one thing that bothered me... was some of the sounds I heard at night. I know it may be weird, but there were some weird bird sounds one night, then maybe the aircon or something was making some short knocking noises. It woke me up in all the nights we stayed there. After we moved to Legian (will make a review for Stones Hotel Legian), I slept better... maybe because it is a huge hotel and had complete and utter silence.

Overall I would say this place is memorable and recommended for families. We also tried the spa (and got a 10% discount). It was nice. They also have a chauffeur service which was convenient.

Room Tip: Hill Villa was perfect for us, me, hubby, toddler and in-law's.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank PinkAddict
Reviewed March 16, 2013

this is truelly a fabulous place with the most amazing staff. from the hotel manager and to every member off the villa staff.......you feel like they are their to make your vacation truelly bliss. food was excellent, chauffer tour was excellent, i don't think i have even one thing i could say was ordinary. if you want to hit the cultural center of bali and stay in an exotic yet luxurious envirement this is the place to stay......loved it!!!!

Room Tip: we stayed in the garden villa
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple