“Excellent Service, Soooo Amazing!”

The Purist Villas and Spa
Ranked #8 of 198 Hotels in Ubud
Beijing, China
“Excellent Service, Soooo Amazing!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I must say it's the best hotel-experience I've ever had. Spending 3 days here and I'm particularly impressed by the outstanding service here, and I know I have to register on tripadvisor and share my experience to you even my English is poor. That's what I can only do for all the staff in The Purist. Thanks to all of them!

They have a butler system, what's make you feel just like home. They are sooooo friendly and enthusiastically, all your requests will be taken seriously, and more than your expects.

On the way to hotel, the nice drvier (sorry I can't remember his name..) helped me take away a package of Soto Ayam, (There's a Local Price and Visitor Price here, and not all the natives can speek English). Wheng we arrived at Purist, the butler poured the soup in a bowl and spicy in two saucer, ※Served in a Great Tempetature!!!※

That evening a pretty lady at the front desk gave me a overall introduction of Ubud, and because of her professional suggestion, we had a great trip next day. Our guide Wayang is a nice person, and very sonsy, zeallous and funny. The trip with him is full of surprising, and he's also very knowlegeabal. After a forgetable day of planting rice, visiting Temples ,Volcano, Lakes and Coffee Plantation(has Lingsang here!),he took us to a very small but delicous warung near his home, they cooked in a very native and idiomatic way. And we also ate Bakso\Pisang Goreng and Gado-gado, all taste good!
Mr.Wayang can offer a sunrise trip of volcano and he knows well Bali, if you need a guide, trust me he's the best!!

Every evening I fall asleep with the nice chirping of insects, which is waving, zigzag and faint, much more beautiful than melody. Every morning I was waken up by birds' tweet and vally sunshine, took a shower outside and heve breakfast at balcony which confront of the hill. Breakfast is buffet and served from 7 to 11. They are very punctual, exaclly on the minute you've reserved.

Butler service is 24hs, what surprised me most is one day I asked for a sewing kit, they went outside bought it for me!!! And the other day my ancles were bleeding, so I called for some iodine, after then, all the staff inquired after about my ancles when they saw me,

Decoration here are given a lot of care, I love all of them!!! I'll uploading some pictures later.

Location is great too, 20-30 min walk to Ubud main street.

Strongly recommended The Purist Villa & Spa , you won't be disappointing. And it is the paradise where you looking for, trust me.

And wish go back to Purist next year!!! Can't Wait!!!

Room Tip: The Hill Villa has a great view.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Anscor Y

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Zagreb, Croatia
Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

After spending 3 days in Seminyak over New Years, I travelled with my 2 girlfriends to Ubud and stayed in Purist Bamboo Villa for 3 days. This was the most relaxing experience we had so far. Wonderful spa treatments (try Deep Tissue massage), swimming in the jungle surrounding and truly the best service we had in Bali. The food was simply delicious and I have to say that both staff and the chef delivered the European standards that we have longed for after having tried all the horribly touristic places in Seminyak. The nice staff organized a one day tour of the nearby temples and rice fields. The next day we had an elefant safari and visit to the monkey forrest. But honestly, we could't wait to come back to the villa and just chill by our pool ordering wine and delicious food :) do try Nasi Goreng and mini Samozas (even though it's really hard to choose which dish was the best). Finally, I have to say that a stay in Purist Villas is a MUST!!!!

• Stayed January 2013
6 Thank Tina S
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We went to the Purist for our honeymoon in May and it was the holiday of our dreams. The rooms were beautifully designed and luxurious and the staff were beyond helpful and would go out of their way to make sure you had the best time. The breakfast was sublime. Prepare to put on some pounds, but it is really worth it! The banana pancakes were delicious!

Although more expensive than other massage places the treatments are really worth it - would highly recommend the hot stone massage.

Would definitely stay again. Thank you so much to all the staff for giving us the best holiday ever.

p.s. for things to do, would recommend the cooking lesson (which they can give you details for) and the climb up Mount Bator for sunrise.

Room Tip: We were lucky to stay in 3 of the rooms (Timor, Hill and Garden) as we were upgraded for our honeymo...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank sarah m
Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

We have just returned from a week staying at the Purist. All I can say is 'wow'! It is a truly wonderful piece of paradise. Yes it's slightly out of the centre of the action, but that makes it peaceful. It is no problem to get the driver into ubud or get collected. The villas are stunning, all of them. We stayed in the Timor villa (no pool) but had a look around almost all of the other villas. We didn't feel like we missed out on much not having a private pool as we swam in the beautiful main pool everyday and never saw anyone else. The service is excellent, they go out of their way to help you with anything you need but keep out of your way so privacy is maintained. The food served at the purist is fantastic, we had breakfast there everyday and dinner there a couple of nights. The quality and presentation was superb. Yes there are building works going on next door, they are building 7 more villas to add to the purist. We didn't find the noise to be a problem but they are happy to stop the construction if you ask them to.
If you want a romantic escape in beautiful Ibud this is the place to go! Thanks for a wonderful week.

• Stayed December 2012
5 Thank Annimay
Santa Barnara
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I went to Ubud by myself to restore, rejuvenate and experience the Balinese culture. I stayed in the jungle room and I felt completely relaxed and pampered throughout my stay. The fresh juice and meals are heathy and delicious. The staff was wonderful!!! I became very attached to the sweet Baby Koi fish that resided in my bathroom. The butlers where great, I'm not used to being waited on hand and foot. I found the surroundings bueatiful, peaceful and magical. They provide the guests with bycycles and I rode the the rice terraces , and I also walked into town. The Purist is a great location and place of peace and serenity. I want to mention my driver Wyman who was wonderful and taught me how to speak a little Balinese. I wish more Americans would take the time to speak a couple of words in a different language when they travel. Good morning and thank you can really make a difference in interacting with different cultures. My most memorable experience was learning about Bali and making friends with the bueatiful people. Thank you Purist and Wyman, I will be back!! Sukes somo!

Room Tip: The jungle room was great..
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank SharkyLarkyscuba
Lake Worth, Florida
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I was at the Purist for my honeymoon a couple of weeks back. Most of the reviews are spot on and I was very close to giving the Purist a perfect score, if it were not for a couple of items that kept me from doing so.

First the Pros:
-The service is unbelievable, best I have ever experienced on holiday. Our butler and the night manager deserve special note here as they were excellent. Always there with a smile to help you out.
-The villas are beautiful, unique, spacious and decorated very nicely.
-If you are looking for seclusion this place has it. We barely saw other guests. It is not really walkable to town if that is what you are looking for, but its a quick drive away.

Unfortunately the Cons:
-We reserved one of the River Villas and were brought to the Timor Villa without mention from the manager. I didnt realize this until the next day, and honestly I was fine with the Timor villa instead. However, they should have mentioned why I wasn't getting what I reserved or at least asked me.
-There is construction next door. Apparently they are adding new villas (I believe 7 more), which I hope doesn't take away the charm of the place. When we arrived, we could hear the noise from the construction and see workers from our outdoor area. The day manager told us to just contact him if we want them to stop working, which we did everytime we were at the villa during the day. For the money and the expected secluded quietness, we weren't expecting to deal with construction next to our villa. It wasn't horrible noise but a little annoying. However, once we called the manager, they would stop shortly after.
-The power goes out sometimes in the afternoon, but typically restarts in a short amount of time. There was only one time where it was off for more than a few minutes (not sure how long as we were in the process of heading into town). I wasn't going to note this as it really didnt affect us. However, we read in their book that they have a generator and power will automatically restart within 15 seconds of going out. We were later told that there is no generator on the property as it would cause to much noise for the surrounding village. That is fine if that is the case, but they shouldn't mis-advertise in their book when it is not true.

The Pros heavily outweigh the Cons we dealt with. I do highly recommend the Villas.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank MMwanderlust
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 7, 2012

This small property (only 7 villas) is on a beautiful property, with an infinity pool overlooking a ravine with palms and tall stands of bamboo. The room was extremely comfortable. One evening we were walking back towards the hotel (not realizing we were really too far away to walk, when a driver from the hotel saw us, recognized us, and stopped to pick us up! That was service above and beyond. The included breakfasts were elegantly served and with plenty of choices. We ordered two other meals, and they were reasonably priced, and the food was excellent.
One note--the sign for the Purist is extremely difficult to find--small, white on white, and not on the main street, but on the driveway leading to the hotel. You should ask for other nearby landmarks or signs when you book the room.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple