“Peaceful Picturesque Perfect”

Ranked #11 of 536 Ubud B&B and Inns
Melbourne
“Peaceful Picturesque Perfect”
Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

Where do I begin ?? Villa Sabandari was everything I hope it would be & even more . All the staff from the pool cleaner, gardeners, drivers, the masseuse, the ever helpful staff who delivered our delicious breakfasts & mouth watering afternoon teas....they were all so friendly & always smiling..saying hello-and making our 5 night stay so wonderful that we found it hard to leave.
Its just a short 20 minute walk into Ubud.. you pass friendly local children, a cow, chickens & the one-eyed dog !
The view from our room over the rice paddy fields was so tranquil & you get to see the locals walking by, ducks having their daily bath... I could just go on & on ...
A fantastic holiday & we are already planning when we are coming back.
Thanks Dirk & Esther & all your wonderful staff :-):-):-)

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank debswilma

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Polish first
Quindalup, Australia
Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

Loved the stylish simplicity of the villas. Walking distance to town but it was amazing how the traffic noise completely disappeared as we walked up the hill. Very tranquil. Breakfasts keenly anticipated, they were delicious. And the staff, friendly and helpful. Everything and eveyone appeared serene in fact! Enjoyed watching the farmers herding their ducks in the harvested rice paddies.
A perfect stay!

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Alison555
Warszawa, Polska
Reviewed October 3, 2012

It was my next visit at Villa Sabandari Ubud and what I can say ....
Perfect Again .... everything was once again perfect ... means everything was better that
you can dream on ... perfect location - out of Ubut but in walking
distance to everywhere (by the Dirk provide the free car transport for
all needed this!) ... quiet place (no children, radio, TV) ... rice
fields around you ... and just perfect service.
Dirk as a host can make your stay just one in your life .... so hope
to meet there next time ;-) ... because we will be there again for sure
;-)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank w3blues
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Photos can't show the reality of this place, it's far more attractive than what you see in it's pics. The owner and staff are exteremely polite and helpful.
I'm architect and still breathless with the design details and decorations of this paradise.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sasan M
Amsterdam
Reviewed September 26, 2012

My husband and I loved this boutique B&B. Everything is well taken in care off, all the rooms are beautiful, the staff is extremely professional and attentive, the breakfast served in the balcony is delicious (every morning they offer you something different), they also serve a yummy high-tea in the afternoon. Wherever you are in Ubud, the drivers of the resort are coming to pick you up immediately...you feel really spoiled. The property is also wonderful: all the details are well taken in care off. When we will come back to Ubud, most probably we will stay again here but we will make sure to have one of the rooms with view on the rice fields (we had a room in front of the swimming pool that was ok but didn't offer a lot of privacy and of course not the same view…).

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Milan1978
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I booked Villa Sabandari at the very last minute before visiting Ubud and I am so glad that I chose this small and beautiful hotel. I stayed here only for 2 nights and wished I could have extended my stay for longer upon checking out. The hotel has only 6 rooms and I was assigned to Baris (rooms at Villa Sabandari are named after Balinese dances) that was on the upper floor and the room was very, very stylish and I immediately felt happy and comfortable as soon as I checked in. I was recovering from a very bad stomach problem when I arrived at the hotel (ate lawar merah, a local dish containing pig's fresh blood, the day before...) so decided not to go out and instead stayed in. During my 2 short days at the hotel, I enjoyed the hotel's large swimming pool, delicious breakfast and afternoon tea and slept and rested well. I only went out to meet my local friends in the evenings and Budi, staff and driver, was very charming and helpful while driving me to/from the hotel. 1 small regret after I left: I forgot to ask where they got shampoo and conditioner from for the rooms, as they were excellent! My big thanks to the staff and Bapak Dirk. I would really love to return to Villa Sabandari soon.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a mosquito net over bed if you are scared of bugs and tropical creatures. Also i...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Flying_babi
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We stayed in Villa Sabandari for 1 week. We had the best time. So many great things to talk about this place. Nice breakfast, afternoon tea, wonderful spa and massage, nice and quiet place. Most of all, the staff service was the best. I really thank the staff for making our stay so comfortable and welcome. We would certainly recommend this place to our friends and family.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple