All reviews infinity pool an open kitchen honeymoon suite local village beautiful valley yoga pavilion the river spent nights complimentary shuttle hidden paradise outdoor bathroom white water rafting cooking class magical place busy ubud three nights open air
Reviewed October 2, 2018

My stay at Amori Villa was absolutely wonderful and the highlight of our week long vacation to Bali - I really could not fault one aspect of my two night stay here! I left the Villa feeling extremely relaxed and hope to return!

The location of the villa is breathtaking and we greatly enjoyed lounging by the infinity pool surrounded by the jungle. I loved watching the swallows fly around the hotel grounds! The Villa is located in a small traditional village surrounded by rice paddies - One of the wonderful members of staff called Ari showed us around the village and took us to a nearby river temple. She taught us about the local culture and village traditions which was very interesting. The Villa is 5-10 minutes drive from the centre of Ubud and there is a complimentary shuttle car to take you to and from the centre which was very helpful.

The owners of the Villa, Rick and Peta are absolutely wonderful and made us feel extremely welcome. We enjoyed our dinner with them on our last evening! Furthermore, the staff are so friendly and helpful - they were highly attentive and went out of their way to ensure that we were relaxed throughout our time there.

The food is absolutely delicious - I highly recommend the banana pancakes and any of the local dishes! The open plan kitchen in the villa is a great idea and you are able to join in with the cooking and learn how to cook traditional meals!

Thank you Amori Villa for a very special stay and I hope to return in the future!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2018

Possibly the nicest place I have ever stayed in the world! A bit of a drive out of Ubud - the most beautiful surroundings - in a lush, stunning river valley - at night you can hear the river and the insects singing! Beautiful high end bungalows that have much privacy. Amazing yoga hut that was always empty wen we were there and was a joy to practice in or just sit in. Very friendly staff

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Love_Bali_Ubud, Owner at Amori Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi Paul, Sue and family,
Thank you for your Trip Advisor review. These all help us enormously.
And thanks for the compliments. Of course, the nature is not of our doing!
By the way, if it is possible, can you amend your review. Although you gave us 5 "bubbles" overall, when you marked each category (Sleep Quality, Value, Location etc) you marked them as 1. I am not sure if you can but it would be helpful if it was possible.
Best regards
Rick Dunn

Reviewed September 29, 2018 via mobile

I can not recommend Amori enough. The hotel is situated in what I can only describe as a paradise with greenery, animals and a stream running through the grounds.

The luxury accommodation was top notch which gave us the feeling we were staying in a beautiful traditional house with all the 5 star trimmings. The views from our room were also amazing. The infinity pool and morning yoga overlooking the valley were the highlights of our trip.

Staff and owners (Peta and Rick) were so welcoming and helpful. They organised all of our drivers and trips with the activities all high quality. All in all, a beautiful location but the staff, Peta and Rick make the place what it is, which is a hotel in paradise.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Love_Bali_Ubud, Owner at Amori Villas, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2018

Thank you Aaron and Catharine. It was an absolute pleasure having you as our guests. We appreciate you taking the time to write this review for the benefit of others considering staying with us.
Best regards,
Rick & Peta

Reviewed September 20, 2018

My stay at Amori Villa was absolutely beautiful and special. I have been to a lot of very good hotels in Bali and I can say that Amori Villa is is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been. The calm and healing energy, the friendly stuff who was always looking if I need something, the very we'll selected interior, the delicious food, the stunning pool the magical garden, everything made my stay just perfect, I will come back as soon as possible. I highly recommend Amori Villas to everyone who is looking for the real Bali surrounding in a high standard hotel with beautiful energy and people, a place where you feel home in the first minute.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed September 13, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I had the most amazing time at Amori Villas. Truly - we really can’t rave about it enough! Rick and Peta not only have a gorgeous and romantic boutique resort with an infiniti pool and spa at the top of a beautiful valley, but they also have the most courteous, gracious, friendly, attentive and hard working staff that we have ever met (anywhere in the world). From the night security guard to the drivers/guides (Marsa and Ketut) to the dining staff (Ari, Agra, Mozie... the list goes on), the team made us feel quite at home. We want to give a special shout out to Ketut, who was our amazing driver/guide for two days. A partner of Amori Villas, he showed us temples, took us to rice paddie fields, coffee plantations and off-the-beaten path art galleries. He was so knowledgeable about the history of Bali and gave us great insight into the Hindu Balinese culture! Back at the resort, we were upgraded to the spacious honeymoon suite, which was a beautiful room with wall to wall windows, king sized bed, AC, an elegant mosquito net and outdoor bath/shower. We even had our own personal outdoor hot tub! The meals were delicious, the staff thoughtfully packed us a breakfast to-go in advance our our 2am volcano climb and the masseuses at the spa were terrific (and they accommodated us at such short notice!). The staff helped with our daily itineraries, flight/tour bookings and provided honest advice! If we hadn’t had plans to fly out to Flores at the end of our stay, we would have just remained at the Amori indefinitely! We loved every minute! Thank you Peta, Rick and Team for such an amazing experience! We will be sure to keep in touch and can’t wait to come back to visit you again soon!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple